IAM paid the TWU about $21,000 a month

Tim Nelson

Veteran
Jan 5, 2003
Bartlett
www.usaviation.com
Fact:
On May 9th, 2006, the IAM and TWU reached an agreement over the future representation rights of the 'westies'. As part of the accord, the TWU withdrew.

TWU prez said, " I believe we have made the right decision for the members we represent at America West."

All of the above is public record.

At the time, many were miffed at how the TWU could bail out so easy on 2,000 members and give up alot of $ in dues. I myself decided to dig for monetary payments as a possible payoff to the TWU for its members. After a careful check of all filed reports at the DOL, I made a 'startling' discovery. The IAM, based on public records at the DOL, started donating 20,833 monthly to the TWU.

I'm not an attorney but IMO this represents a blatant DFR violation against the former TWU represented America West workers.

But don't take my opinion for it. Check out the public record of the IAM INTL LM2. It's 161 pages long and buried on page 118 in Schedule 17 is the 20,833 monthly payments to the TWU. Schedule 17 is the 'contributions and gifts' schedule, and the monetary 'givings' to the TWU is listed as "Donation". IAM Donations to the TWU started the month of June, one month after the TWU and IAM reached a 'deal'. The LM2 is for 2006 only and goes only to December. So it is very likely that when the 2007 LM2 comes out that the 'donations' may continue.

Again, I'm not an attorney but it seems to me that the westies should get an attorney and have this looked into for DFR violations. So far, IMO, the withdraw has screwed over any chance at section 6 openings for the westies and has possibly resulted in significant monetary damages. And it appears the TWU didn't lose out on any of this since it is getting the 'donations'.

Also, per public record, both the IAM and TWU agreed that part of the May 9th deal would involve "seniority". Such a deal, with compensation being paid, could result in DFR violations against East siders also. Many east siders wondered why the IAM would voluntarily give away a 'huge chunk' of the east siders profit sharing. I think it is reasonable to see 'how deep this rabbit hole goes'. Certainly attorneys may have to be retained to look over the legalities of the unions actions. I myself plan on contacting "key" union watchdog sites to see if any IAM mebers were violated. National Right to Work, Center for..., etc.

Regards,

Ever think it could be for past dues that HP collected for the TWU and gave to the IAM?

Just another one of your crap stirring posts, huh Timmy?

What is wrong? TWU would not give you a job so you want to slam them now too?

The DFW TWU President told the PHX Pres all about you.

Ever think it could be for past dues that HP collected for the TWU and gave to the IAM?

we are not as stupid as you think we are, you are as stupid as you think we are..... If it we repayment for dues it would not be under "gifts and donations", it would most likely be under another category such as when you return an item to a store, they do not " donate" money to you...

keep trying.....

as soon as TWU withdrew and walked away the company ceased taking union dues from the employees. The IAM then started signing cards and dues started being paid directly to the IAM in Aug/Sept. I know for a fact the IAM didnt want it to go down that way. They were under the impression that TWU would keep the office in PHX open and old reps from TWU would be around to administer our contract, and the dues would still be flowing to TWU. I also just pulled out an old monthly financial from TWU in 2004, interesting the dues per capita deducted to the international was 17,100, so it seems 3 years later it would be near the figure on the IAM LM2.

700, it seems to me that this 'donations' would unlikely be the result of dues collecting in some fashion. As far as we know, the IAM continues to pay the TWU 20,800+ per month as a result of an agreement. Dues payments would have tampered off some time ago. Further, dues payments would have been recorded in 'accounts receivable' or other schedules not related to 'contributions, donations and cash gifts". Interesting enough, Guide dogs of america is in the same schedule as the TWU and there is nothing stopping the IAM from making donations to any organization it wants. However, I do think it is plausible to suspect this could be a DFR violation or in 'poor taste' since it started the month immediately after the IAM INTL and TWU INTL agreement.

At any rate, the Delta people are much better off than having some flimsy union representing them. I read the IAM site saying how Delta has contracted out alot of cities, however, to my surprise, Delta has many more cities not contracted out than the IAM has here at US air. Certainly, nobody needs to be paying an additional $500 a year for less than they would have if they just kept the money in their pocket. When or if things get heated up for the IAM at delta, I'll be sure to float over to the Delta message board and put out all the facts of the IAM. Facts you deny and reject because of your disturbed thinking that you are still going to get that District Lodge position that you fought hard for but failed to achieve because of 'key' reasons at your own local. My advice, move on 700. It will do you alot of good and free up your time for your loved ones. otherwise, your 10 post a day on this board will continue to hinder your 'time management'.

regards,

Hey..............you going to call OT today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fact:
On May 9th, 2006, the IAM and TWU reached an agreement over the future representation rights of the 'westies'. As part of the accord, the TWU withdrew.

TWU prez said, " I believe we have made the right decision for the members we represent at America West."

All of the above is public record.

At the time, many were miffed at how the TWU could bail out so easy on 2,000 members and give up alot of $ in dues. I myself decided to dig for monetary payments as a possible payoff to the TWU for its members. After a careful check of all filed reports at the DOL, I made a 'startling' discovery. The IAM, based on public records at the DOL, started donating 20,833 monthly to the TWU.

I'm not an attorney but IMO this represents a blatant DFR violation against the former TWU represented America West workers.

But don't take my opinion for it. Check out the public record of the IAM INTL LM2. It's 161 pages long and buried on page 118 in Schedule 17 is the 20,833 monthly payments to the TWU. Schedule 17 is the 'contributions and gifts' schedule, and the monetary 'givings' to the TWU is listed as "Donation". IAM Donations to the TWU started the month of June, one month after the TWU and IAM reached a 'deal'. The LM2 is for 2006 only and goes only to December. So it is very likely that when the 2007 LM2 comes out that the 'donations' may continue.

Again, I'm not an attorney but it seems to me that the westies should get an attorney and have this looked into for DFR violations. So far, IMO, the withdraw has screwed over any chance at section 6 openings for the westies and has possibly resulted in significant monetary damages. And it appears the TWU didn't lose out on any of this since it is getting the 'donations'.

Also, per public record, both the IAM and TWU agreed that part of the May 9th deal would involve "seniority". Such a deal, with compensation being paid, could result in DFR violations against East siders also. Many east siders wondered why the IAM would voluntarily give away a 'huge chunk' of the east siders profit sharing. I think it is reasonable to see 'how deep this rabbit hole goes'. Certainly attorneys may have to be retained to look over the legalities of the unions actions. I myself plan on contacting "key" union watchdog sites to see if any IAM mebers were violated. National Right to Work, Center for..., etc.

Regards,

Hush money for the PHL organizing group...... :lol:

This guy needs counseling ASAP for his unrealistic haltered of the IAM. Like a women scorned this guy is out of control and completely obsessed with posting negatives about the IAM. It's not healthy, it solves absolutely nothing but only feeds his twisted consuming destructive behavior. This is a vent pipe and how he maintains sanity forcing his madness onto others so he can feel justified, normal, sane.

Why do you think Tim needs counseling...because he's doing something we all should have done before we voted this corrupt, inept so called union in. If anyone needs counseling its the Union officials starting with Randy Canalle. They have lied and cheated us to the point that we are nothing but cheap labor with a toilet paper contract for USAirways. I just have one question...how can you or any official with this union look in the mirror in the morning and think you've done a good job. I for one will do anything I can to stop Delta from falling into the trap we fell into with all the IAM lies. Tim keep up the good work :up: :up:

Why do you think Tim needs counseling...because he's doing something we all should have done before we voted this corrupt, inept so called union in. If anyone needs counseling its the Union officials starting with Randy Canalle. They have lied and cheated us to the point that we are nothing but cheap labor with a toilet paper contract for USAirways. I just have one question...how can you or any official with this union look in the mirror in the morning and think you've done a good job. I for one will do anything I can to stop Delta from falling into the trap we fell into with all the IAM lies. Tim keep up the good work :up: :up:
Guess you are as lost as he is........seek help fast...why, because the UNION is NOT your problem, it's YOU

Why you? Do you believe the union is your caregiver from cradle to grave? Obviously you do and why you need some serious help to orientate your direction in life letting you see the union doesn’t play that vital part, only YOU can. Blaming unions for your woes in life is a sign you never grew up, emotionally.

As a former very active union member, I frequently disagree with Tim's solutions. His criticisms are generally spot-on.

I'd bet the farm if you polled IAM agents, they would agree the leadership needs to be more responsive to the membership and more transparent.

I also know from personal experience if you are an active union participant, and question the status-quo in the most professional and politest of terms, you will be beaten down. Sychophants only, please!

I can tell when Tim's arrow hits the mark, because IAM yes boys attack him personally, rather than the substance of his point.

The biggest IAM difference between me and Tim was I thought you could reform IAM from within - Tim does not.

Given Stern's departure from AFL-CIO, Tim's not the only person who thinks so. And given the past two years, they may be right.

As a former very active union member, I frequently disagree with Tim's solutions. His criticisms are generally spot-on.

I'd bet the farm if you polled IAM agents, they would agree the leadership needs to be more responsive to the membership and more transparent.

I also know from personal experience if you are an active union participant, and question the status-quo in the most professional and politest of terms, you will be beaten down. Sychophants only, please!

I can tell when Tim's arrow hits the mark, because IAM yes boys attack him personally, rather than the substance of his point.
The biggest IAM difference between me and Tim was I thought you could reform IAM from within - Tim does not.

Given Stern's departure from AFL-CIO, Tim's not the only person who thinks so. And given the past two years, they may be right.

I agree with everything you said. However, I think I poured more into trying to reform the IAM from within than just about anyone. I organized two tickets to try to get the sychophants out. One time the IAM INTL got busted by the DOL, the next time we almost pulled it off but came up just short. Still, the INTL has all the authority and if a guy is an AGC, he still doesn't have much freedom of wiggle.
I also helped draft an ammendment to the district bylaws to limit AGC pay. In this decade, members took horrible cuts while the AGC's saw big fat pay raises. The biggest IAM local sought my help in drafting up a bylaw to stop this atrocity. I presented it on the District floor at the District convention, and other big locals like 1781 or maybe it was 1782, supported it. However, the CLT, PIT, PHL, DEN, HNL delegations stood with the high paying salaries and it was snuffed. At that point I realized this wasn't worth my time anymore. I concluded it would be easier to dump a union than to try to vote out the thugs in office who were bleeding the members and making sweetheart deals. But that too proved difficult and not worth my time until the TWU triggered a representational dispute which could have allowed us to finally rid the IAM. I often wondered what was part of the deal between the IAM and TWU for the TWU to walk away from 2,500 members. For all we know, the IAM is still paying the TWU 21,000 a month but we won't find that out until the next LM2 reports for 2007.
Anyways, no need to defend me Diogenes although I appreciate it. This initial post wasn't posted with the 700's as its intended audience, it's intended audience are those who can be objective about the facts of the initial post and see the injustice of it.

regards,

regards,

Like a women scorned this guy is out of control and completely obsessed with posting negatives about the IAM.

For all the iam has done for us, they are only worthy of negative postings. They have not done anything positive for us since they have been in control. Even if someone can find something positive that they have done, or something positive to say about the iam, the negatives will outweigh the positives by a ton.

Point...700UW

As a former IAM member, I can honestly say that you would have a hard time finding a lot of positive comments about them and their peformance. Other than those who are on the IAM payroll, you won't find too many other IAM lovers here. Yes, there are a select few, but they are a minority. Based on the first CBA they ran past the Fleet group, I knew they weren't after anthing more than our dues money.
As for the claimed "Payoffs" being made to the TWU, One woud think that there had to be some type of a deal struck between them and the IAM in order for them to just fold up and walk away like they did. Based on the sediment of MANY disgruntled IAM members, I along with many others felt the TWU had a very good shot at ousting the IAM from the Fleet group. :blink: