What a Mess we are at Usairways

Hmmm--what a mess we are---not sure how to take this----business is a science not just a Ouija board game---with employees from many different airlines all of whom are able to accomplish tasks any number of different ways---management should take all the heat/mess from customers not the employees--this is their mess or just they way they like to see the airline run--stinks eh---we either leave or try to make it run better than the naybobs thought it could run.

Well just let me tell you what I have observed in my station since the merger.
The totally lack of leadership in our local mangment is No. 1 When we combind our ops everything from the simple things like phones at the gates to info screens for our pax just were no longer a priorty. We moved to a different gate areas and even to this day almost 2 years we still dont have gate phones that work, pax screens that give our pax the right info, we are talking basic communication here things that we should have. Whenever this mangment is asked about it, its just well we are working on it. 2 years I mean come on. We work short everyday on the ramp in customer service, we cant keep people hired.
Ive seen people I have worked with for years 20 and 30 year people who have just given up they just dont care anymore. What I hear a lot now is, it doesnt matter if you give 100 percent or just 1 percent its all the same. Your just a number to this company and if you dont like it than quit.

And the East side of the operations is making the money and the profits.

I guess you guys can't listen. To WCT and 700UW,

The next post aimed from either of you aimed at the other individual gets time off. PERIOD. No more warnings. No more courtesy notes.

And NO more East/West nonsense. This thread is about the whole company.

Enough already.

East side or West side....does it really matter? If you look around it seems to be a HUGE mess from coast to coast. Money generating aside this management team THINKS they are wise but fail at everything they do. Yeah they were able to swing some profits. See how long it lasts. One trick pony? Hmmmm me's thinks so. :rolleyes:

Another thing I don't get is the non-letter writing "I'm anger passengers" we carry---last week more than 50 busted island connections on one flight ----CLT was called several times trying get flights to hold 15 to 20 min to accommodate them--I watched it happen---agents were in shock--we ought to be the carrier that receives the most letters---of course not by choice--- ooops I mean the carrier of choice. If these folks do not write letters management thinks it doing a good job.

Another thing I don't get is the non-letter writing "I'm anger passengers" we carry---last week more than 50 busted island connections on one flight ----CLT was called several times trying get flights to hold 15 to 20 min to accommodate them--I watched it happen---agents were in shock--we ought to be the carrier that receives the most letters---of course not by choice--- ooops I mean the carrier of choice. If these folks do not write letters management thinks it doing a good job.
Local management is too obsessed with the O/T stat that they will not let us do our job. They will not let us make judgement calls as to holding for connecting passengers or bags. The #1 O/T is done by sacrificing misconnected passengers and bags. Look for our misconnects to go through the roof.

IMO its more important to get to the final destination a few minute late with everyone that paid for a ticket. Not to mention the cost of delivering the misconnected bags. The flight times are padded so much that most of the time a late departure can still arrive on time by making up the time in the air. I would love to see how much being O/T has cost in other areas.

I feel the central problem of US is it's horrible focus on being the cheapest in the industry. Everything in the company from the employees, equipement, procedures, its all based on "what is the bare minimum that can do the job". It's sad really...

It was once said " You would be surprised how expensive it is to look this cheap"......how very true, and how very sad.

Local management is too obsessed with the O/T stat that they will not let us do our job. They will not let us make judgement calls as to holding for connecting passengers or bags. The #1 O/T is done by sacrificing misconnected passengers and bags. Look for our misconnects to go through the roof.

That's because the corporate directive does not empower employees to make good-sense judgment calls. And let me guess: The pervasive culture of fear results in employees not being willing to exercise their discretion in these matters?

And they get a profit sharing check. hhhhmmmm

wopr21

I'm not sure I understand. If US Airways was making all this money, why didn't they remain a stand-alone carrier? hhhmmmm lol... just givin' ya all sh!t. But, I really don't understand that. I'm not taking sides. I started training after the merger was announced, but graduated as one of the last AWA classes. I'm just here to get my measly pay check, my $4 profit sharing, my free flights (woohoo), and laugh and cry at the comedy becoming a tragedy. I never flew USAir, USAirways or America West before being hired, but I just wanted to be a flight attendant. How gay! Haha. But, for being a baby, I still have time to recover from whatever disaster may or may not be in our future... Yeah, I just said "our" meaning US/HP. :) Anywho, I hope before it's too late, someone at the top opens his or her... mostly his... eyes and sees that we are the laughing stock of the industry. To all of you who have been here longer than I have been alive... just shy of 22 years (I fly with a lot of you and I love it :p ) I really do hope that, financially, everything works for you. I know a lot of people have invested a lot of time and money into this career because you all love it... or loved it.

If that wasn't an emotional rollercoaster or a post, I don't know what is.

Peace in the pasture, people...

Wait a minute you're a 22 year old FA out West? Atleast we know who's on the chopping block first when they find the need to furlough FAs... ;)

And at least I know who's spot I'll get when you DIE. Just out curiousity, because I'm still attached to the teet lol, what is the average number of f/a's furloughed with a down-sizing... or falling-apart? Is it hundreds, thousands? The PHX base has approx. 2650. LAS has a handful of newbies. Obviously, PHX and LAS would be the bases losing people if/when that should happen.

**Totally kidding... Don't send me hate-mail**

Latest posts