What a Mess we are at Usairways

And at least I know who's spot I'll get when you DIE. Just out curiousity, because I'm still attached to the teet lol, what is the average number of f/a's furloughed with a down-sizing... or falling-apart? Is it hundreds, thousands? The PHX base has approx. 2650. LAS has a handful of newbies. Obviously, PHX and LAS would be the bases losing people if/when that should happen.

**Totally kidding... Don't send me hate-mail**

Yeah yeah...When the seniority list gets integrated...along w/ Pilots...you HPers can expect to lose your jobs...Too much navy on the East side.

When US Airways furloughed they literally furloughed half of the airline. From an all time high of 10,600 F/As in 2001 to an all time low of 5400 in 2004. Even the active lists at US and HP combined only make 7000 or so.

Hi Guys, I'm new here so I don't know if this is a friendly place or not. A US Airways flight attendant told me about this forum.

I fly a lot. I'm a customer, not an employee. From a customer's perspective, US Airways has improved about 1000% from what it was about 5 years ago. I fly US Airways weekly, and granted, I don't see things through your eyes... But to put it into perspective, I have seen the planes get a lot cleaner, the flight attendands are more friendly, the reservation system works pretty well, the website is about the best in the industry in terms of speed and useability... It's not perfect, and there is a long way to go. I honestly think US Airways does a much better job than "Untied", no matter how you look at it. If United ever decided to buy US Airways, I'd really be scared. Maybe they are better to work for, maybe not - but from my perspective, they are more unreliable and useless than US Airways has ever been.

I'm a US Chairmans, and I am also a Delta Gold, and Continental Gold. I fly a lot on Southwest and JetBlue as well. I do some NWA, Frontier here and there, some Air Tran, I try to avoid United.

Long story short, US Airways has come a long way. I can honestly tell you there was a period where I wrote a complaint letter a week... Things have been a lot better lately.

Hi Guys, I'm new here so I don't know if this is a friendly place or not. A US Airways flight attendant told me about this forum.

I fly a lot. I'm a customer, not an employee. From a customer's perspective, US Airways has improved about 1000% from what it was about 5 years ago. I fly US Airways weekly, and granted, I don't see things through your eyes... But to put it into perspective, I have seen the planes get a lot cleaner, the flight attendands are more friendly, the reservation system works pretty well, the website is about the best in the industry in terms of speed and useability... It's not perfect, and there is a long way to go. I honestly think US Airways does a much better job than "Untied", no matter how you look at it. If United ever decided to buy US Airways, I'd really be scared. Maybe they are better to work for, maybe not - but from my perspective, they are more unreliable and useless than US Airways has ever been.

I'm a US Chairmans, and I am also a Delta Gold, and Continental Gold. I fly a lot on Southwest and JetBlue as well. I do some NWA, Frontier here and there, some Air Tran, I try to avoid United.

Long story short, US Airways has come a long way. I can honestly tell you there was a period where I wrote a complaint letter a week... Things have been a lot better lately.
:shock: :blink: :unsure: :rolleyes:

Did yinz see the lunar eclipse last night?

It was far out, man...

No, I was too busy looking at my US1 card...it expires next week and I can't believe I fly CO and AA now even though US has treated me so well. What was I thinking?

Didn't you need to pack your doritos for your flight? Those pretzels they serve are narly. The cactus is solid and the service is cheap like the fares. this airline is going upnaway...it totally rocks

Funny then how come when operations were seperate East made all the profit and West lost money?

When operations were seperate, the east was in bankrupcy 3 days from closing its doors for good, and half of the workforce on furlough. The west was hiring, getting new planes and making record profits.
-----Classic example of revisionist history----

When operations were seperate, the east was in bankrupcy 3 days from closing its doors for good, and half of the workforce on furlough. The west was hiring, getting new planes and making record profits.

HonuFly..........that's almost funny, what are you smoking?......"Making Record Profits". It's got to be the heat out there I'm convinced! :down:

It just goes to show these new people don't really read the boards. :rolleyes: From one Westie to another, get over it.

US had over $700 million in cash in the bank and financing for over $200 million in place.

I was up at CCY and was privy to the financial data as there were weekly meetings between the unions and the financial officers to keep GECAS and ATSB satisfied with their money.