What a sorry group of people you have become.

Ok thanks. And really, no baiting here. Just trying to figure out the mystery of why we merged. I think if you asked anybody here at HP, NOT in Tempe we sure didn't want it....
Neither did we. No disrespect,really. USAir employees wanted to bring the airline back to what it was, but with a revolving door of CEO's spending 2 years at this company and walking out the door with our concessions we were desperate for someone who wanted to run an airline. USAir sits on the most lucrative markets in the industry and PB is right...it comes down to total mismanagement. Again, none of our previous CEO's except Mr. Colodny was interested in running a profitable company...for all.

Frqntflyer,

Well said and I agree with your post. If people do not like what has happened to the industry and company then why stay here?

If people are that unhappy then why not do something where they can be happy?

Life is too short...

Regards,

USA320Pilot

Frqntflyer,

Well said and I agree with your post. If people do not like what has happened to the industry and company then why stay here?

Life is too short...

Regards,

USA320Pilot
*sigh* here we go again ......

Frqntflyer,

Life is too short...

Regards,

USA320Pilot

Goobersmoocher.

You hated Wolf/Gangwal - they are gone - now you hate Doug.

Very true. I peronally despised Siegel more than anyone and say what you will about Doug, but I personally am a lot better off since he started running the company. Who cares about his DUI, he's only human, why make an issue about it on this board? He's got his work cut out for him in turning this outfit around, especially the quagmire called PHL, but it's encouraging to see a CEO that actually wants to run the airline and not just line his own pockets and run. Now if you'll excuse me I have to spend my porift sharing check.

You hated Wolf/Gangwal - they are gone - now you hate Doug.

Very true. I peronally despised Siegel more than anyone and say what you will about Doug, but I personally am a lot better off since he started running the company. Who cares about his DUI, he's only human, why make an issue about it on this board? He's got his work cut out for him in turning this outfit around, especially the quagmire called PHL, but it's encouraging to see a CEO that actually wants to run the airline and not just line his own pockets and run. Now if you'll excuse me I have to spend my porift sharing check.

Wow, this thread is certainly teeming with passion -- it takes me a long time to peruse the posts. Just a few thoughts.

This virtual world is the closest we'll ever come to the wild wild west. I'm not sure if this is the shoot-out at the OK corral, but it's interesting to watch. Keep in mind that folks post annonomously in this virtual world ( employees for obvious/necessary reasons ). Hence some folks become emboldened with their posts ( or is brazen sometimes a more appropriate word?). There's a fine line between putting an opinion out here to be examined and even kicked like a car tire and just plain baiting people to stir up the pot ( I know that the virtual term is flaming, but I'll stick to my pre-Internet vocabulary ).

But folks who are US employees are correct to suggest that this is a family affair when one seeks to lecture and finger-point rather than inviting dialog ( although I think it's put best in Animal House when Delta admonishes others to watch how they speak to their pledges).

Presently, things really suck at US -- both for pax and most definitely employees. It's nothing new under the sun, just a new cast with a similar story line. In a perfect world, people would work things out just like in the movies -- but we all know that's not how it works.

So tadjr and freedom, I read your thoughts with agreement as I've stood in queues or flown with folks who are demanding, selfish and just plain and simple assholes who make life miserable for front-liners and pax alike. There's a lot of crapola that we all take when we work with the public. I'm more familiar with what east folks have given up, but I assume that there's a west side to the story as well. It's not a fun pill to swallow and people should let Tempe know where they can stick it.

I'd like to hope that we pax who do stick it out with US can throw our thoughts into the ring here as every job is a partnership of employees and customers, though we may not agree on everything. It remains my opinion that things feel different this time as US moves through its latest series of FUBARs. I know that the east folks we fly with feel beleageured & worn out; but most try to do the job which is admittedly increasingly difficult.

I don't have any answer, just observations. I try to put a positive outlook out there even when we're not having a great flying day as that's how I was raised to get along with people. Of course we all have our bad days. But Tempe is wearing us down as well. If we see you guys plugging along when we fly, we'll pick up the rope and give a pull as well. I guess that's human nature. But if customer service falls apart, I just can't say what our next move would be -- we just want smooth flying for our decision to stick with a carrier.

Don't allow virtual sandfleas to mess up a day at the beach. But don't take any crap either!

Barry