Misery loves company.

As a customer - who for many years was Chairman's Preferred and have had the displeasure to interact with a large number of these supposed "hard working" employees - I would strongly disagree with your statement. And that goes for both sides of the country - not just the East.

It may have been that way when you worked here - but from the customer perpsective it certainly isn't that way anymore - inlcuding the most senior levels of this joke of an airline.

I mean really - making a huge deal out of picking new wine for in flight service - give me a break!

I still work here and I have had the pleasure of working with some of the most caring and hardest working folks in this industry. There are bad apples in every bunch, but from your user name you obviously fly out of PHL which has more than its fare share of "bad apples". I've been with other employees when we volunteered to stay and help stranded passengers and worked until the morning shift came in..thats 7 hours past our shift. I've ran from one side of CLT to the other looking for a passengers because I found seats for them after they were told nothing was available, we got off the employee shuttle after working until 2 am because we saw stranded passengers being sent back from hotels because they were no rooms and we stayed until we found them rooms (off the time clock by the way), highjacked one of those carts to help out people who only had seconds to make it to their next gate for a connection...none of which is part of our job but part of what many of us do everyday because we wanted to make a difference. If daily actions and employees like this aren't good enough for you, then you made the right choice to go to another airline.

You're kidding, right? It was part of BK2 when HP and investment capitalists ground down US for merger. This was an "old management" and Tempe colabration. Take the blinders off. In response to questions when DP was meeting with employees he said that the wages were in line with the business plan of the new US.

So I ask you once again, when did Tempe "slash" your wages? Tempe was NOT in charge during the BK2 hearings. That was your CCY group! Blinders? nope, not on me. I saw the writing on the wall in my department and left. And I will add that a LOT more people in my department have done the same thing. We have made the decision to move on. Do I regret it? I miss the people and yeah, I miss the work. But salary difference was too much to pass on!

So I ask you once again, when did Tempe "slash" your wages? Tempe was NOT in charge during the BK2 hearings. That was your CCY group! Blinders? nope, not on me. I saw the writing on the wall in my department and left. And I will add that a LOT more people in my department have done the same thing. We have made the decision to move on. Do I regret it? I miss the people and yeah, I miss the work. But salary difference was too much to pass on!
This infighting between east and west is a perfect example of the division this company experiences. Pre merger all the hate was directed towards management. Now it is between each other. Divide and conquer? You could be your own undoing.

Good point. As an ex-employee, trust me...this forum does NOT reflect the opinions of the majority. What you have here are a couple of handfuls of pissed off people that think they know it all and are armchair CEOs. It's always humorous to read the postings on this board, just take them with a grain of salt!
The majority of employees are hard working and want US to succeed.

You are absolutely right. But that also includes the ranters on this board that have attempted in their own way to make positive change happen. They are still here trying to make positive change. Why did YOU leave?

I still work here and I have had the pleasure of working with some of the most caring and hardest working folks in this industry. There are bad apples in every bunch, but from your user name you obviously fly out of PHL which has more than its fare share of "bad apples". I've been with other employees when we volunteered to stay and help stranded passengers and worked until the morning shift came in..thats 7 hours past our shift. I've ran from one side of CLT to the other looking for a passengers because I found seats for them after they were told nothing was available, we got off the employee shuttle after working until 2 am because we saw stranded passengers being sent back from hotels because they were no rooms and we stayed until we found them rooms (off the time clock by the way), highjacked one of those carts to help out people who only had seconds to make it to their next gate for a connection...none of which is part of our job but part of what many of us do everyday because we wanted to make a difference. If daily actions and employees like this aren't good enough for you, then you made the right choice to go to another airline.

I have to say that as I traveled from station to station I saw a big difference in attitude depending on the group/station. A lot had to do with how their immediate management was. It also had to do with how the employees treated each other.
Certain groups really understood they were in this together and became a team. I made sure I was vocal and told those groups how great they were. It was a pleasure to go and do work in those stations. A small set of examples that really stood out: TPA, SAN, MSP, and in some cases CLT. CLT was difficult because it is so large. Some of the people were great....others not so great. Sometimes they just didn't know who you were or who other people in their group were, because they didn't work with them often.
Some of the worst were.... BOS and PHL, there was one other city that I can't remember the name that was amazing in how they just talked to each other let alone the customer, although there were exceptions to that rule. I had dinner with a great ticket agent in PHL who really tried to explain why they had the attitude and feelings they had. But at that point I really think I would rather quit that live like that.
Wait I did.....

Why did YOU leave?

I left for numerous reasons:
1. Pay Equality. There will never be equality between East and West and I have a hard time doing the same job that someone on the East side is doing while they are making almost 1 1/2 times as much as I am.
2. Pay. My new position pays almost 800.00 more per month than US paid me. In fact, my first paycheck at my new company was exactly what my last paycheck was at US. AND US paid me out for 9 days of unused vacation time. That's just plain sad.
3. Benefits. The new company pays 5x as much on tuition reimbursement that US paid. I have since enrolled in school and will be starting back next month. This was one of the biggest reasons for me leaving!
4. Workload. Immediately after the merger was "official", a lot of people left for other opportunities. Instead of hiring new people to replace them, their work was divied up between the current employees. Six months later after new employees had been hired, that work was not redistributed to them, it remained on my plate...plus the work I already had. This happened all the time and continues to happen to this day.
5. Leadership (or lack thereof). In my old department, I had one of the best managers I have ever worked for. After long consideration, that person left the company for obvious reasons (see above). Replacement was someone that had no clue about our department or how it worked. Instead of promote someone from our department, they brought someone else in from outside our department. Crazy! Our old Director was a people person and cared about the employees. The new one is running the department like a dictatorship. I was happy to be on my way!

That pretty much sums it up. Like I had previously said, it was a very tough decision to leave US. I am not one that turns tail and runs from a fight but the opportunity was too much to pass up. I still fly NRSA as I have many friends that still work at US and pass along passes when I need them. I purchase tickets now and am a harsh critic of US while on the airlplanes.
I stand by my comments that there are many hard working employees at US Airways that want the airline to succeed. Unfortunately, the bad apples always spoil it for everyone.

I left for numerous reasons:
1. Pay Equality. There will never be equality between East and West and I have a hard time doing the same job that someone on the East side is doing while they are making almost 1 1/2 times as much as I am.
2. Pay. My new position pays almost 800.00 more per month than US paid me. In fact, my first paycheck at my new company was exactly what my last paycheck was at US. AND US paid me out for 9 days of unused vacation time. That's just plain sad.
3. Benefits. The new company pays 5x as much on tuition reimbursement that US paid. I have since enrolled in school and will be starting back next month. This was one of the biggest reasons for me leaving!
4. Workload. Immediately after the merger was "official", a lot of people left for other opportunities. Instead of hiring new people to replace them, their work was divied up between the current employees. Six months later after new employees had been hired, that work was not redistributed to them, it remained on my plate...plus the work I already had. This happened all the time and continues to happen to this day.
5. Leadership (or lack thereof). In my old department, I had one of the best managers I have ever worked for. After long consideration, that person left the company for obvious reasons (see above). Replacement was someone that had no clue about our department or how it worked. Instead of promote someone from our department, they brought someone else in from outside our department. Crazy! Our old Director was a people person and cared about the employees. The new one is running the department like a dictatorship. I was happy to be on my way!

That pretty much sums it up. Like I had previously said, it was a very tough decision to leave US. I am not one that turns tail and runs from a fight but the opportunity was too much to pass up. I still fly NRSA as I have many friends that still work at US and pass along passes when I need them. I purchase tickets now and am a harsh critic of US while on the airlplanes.
I stand by my comments that there are many hard working employees at US Airways that want the airline to succeed. Unfortunately, the bad apples always spoil it for everyone.

Boy, do you and I sound like we were in the same boat. The MAIN reason I left was because they brought in a new manager from the outside that had NO CLUE. I have such a lawsuit against them if I choose to go that way....still considering it. And I have a couple of others in my dept that left at the approx. same time who want to join me. Plus when I went to the director about how bad the manager was running things, with documentation, his response was tough. Quit or go back to work. He didn't leave me much choice.
He admitted to me he didn't even bother to read my email about my concerns. HE DIDN"T CARE! This is from a DIRECTOR!
The bad management does come from very high up and they all protect each other.
Rank and file means nothing. Plus even that director told me he couldn’t believe how many levels of management they have at this company.

I used to LOVE working at AWA/US and wouldn't have thought I would have ever left. But I am lucky my daughter still works there....LOL
She loves where she is and says she will be staying quite a while....Plus I have tons of friends who are still there. So my family can still try and use the benefits. But last time we paid for tickets....on another airline! They were a lot less expensive and the plane was much nicer!
Plus the routing was better.