What parts of UAL will end up with USAir?

[blockquote]
----------------
On 3/5/2003 3:09:46 PM oldiebutgoody wrote:

[blockquote]
----------------
On 3/5/2003 2:27:58 PM ual727fo wrote:

If you folks end up with any of our assets I sure hope you choke on them. P.S. This thread is really low class. I guess thats just the kind of people you are though.
----------------
[/blockquote]
Hey *deleted my moderator*,
The person that started this thread isn't even a US Airways employee, but a customer. If U does wind up with some of UAL, be happy to have a job, because it will likely be at the expense of over 1800 U pilots and many more from other groups that are presently furloughed. I, for one, think that entire industry might be better off if UAL just shriveled up and died, and it looks like it's headed in that direction. The difference is, the US congress will likely come to your rescue. They did just about everything they could to derail U so far.
----------------
[/blockquote]

Oldie,

I don't agree. Outside the pension issue for ALPA, the government has done everything there is to save U. Our Republican congress is bending over backwards for Corporations. Specifically in U's case. The ATSB guarantee approval as well as the "bail out funding grant money given to U in 2001 for well over $300 million tax payer dollars to recover some losses from a 3 day of airport shutdown and for the National airport closure. So, I don't think the gov. hasn't done its fair share of assisting this Industry. Our Industry is not regulated by the government, so it is not soley responsible to bail out our industry as well as other industries and sustain them from failure to infinity

My prediction is that you will end up with UAL's old lav trucks. Pilots will be given a choice of transferring to them or flying your shiny new fleet of RJs.

Michael:

According to reports, US would not need financing for the deal because RSA would acquire the assets, per Bronner's comments in the news media.

Chip

[blockquote]
----------------
On 3/5/2003 10:01:57 PM chipmunn wrote:

Michael:

According to reports, US would not need financing for the deal because RSA would acquire the assets, per Bronner's comments in the news media.

Chip
----------------
[/blockquote]

Well, there ya go. Subtract my comment about financing being difficult and I stand by the rest of my prediction.
Michael

Latest posts