What will YOU do when....

Relax, X! [BR]I was looking for some humorous responses to this post. Maybe we could see who comes up the best response. Sometimes, laughter is the best medicine![BR]Even in times of crisis, a little humor can be a good thing.[BR][BR][BR]Oh, incidentally, my resume includes having been employeed by Eastern Ailines and Braniff.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 1/18/2003 10:56:04 PM Hopeful wrote:

What will YOU do when AA closes its doors?
----------------
[/blockquote]

I don't get it really, for the past 2 years (maybe more) almost every poster here has predicted AA's bankruptcy either within a month, a week, a year, the century, tomorrow, etc etc etc, whether it's "personal knowledge", "reported by media", "reported by executives", "seen by union officials", "foreseen by Madame Cleo", "it's in the Nostradamus quadrants" blah blah blah....

do you guys really get off by predicting when a company is going to fail?

and please, don't give me that "the writing is on the wall" crap... I mean, really, is this all you people can offer, doom and gloom and the sky is falling, all because some bobblehead at CNN or "expert" from the WSJ say so? you have to realize that if these "experts" are great businessmen, why in the hell are they not running an empire of their own?

KCFLYER: Now you are an expert on what happened at Eastern Airlines? The next thing you'll be saying is that Frank Lorenzo really meant well and just wanted to make EAL profitable and the unions thwarted his efforts. How silly of me![BR][BR]Did you ever think that maybe American isn't really losing millions a day, but rather just not making millions a day according to projections?[BR][BR]And also KCFLYER, I do not recall mentioning that EAL and Braniff managements lied to make their situations worse. I mentioned EAL and Braniff in a response to Xsqeeze's post. The fact is that American Airlines is not immune to going out of business. No airline is. And if American Airlines ceases to exist, which bulletin board will you load up with your opinions especially since you are not an airline employee?[BR][BR]And make no mistake, Eastern Airlines did not lie? Lorenzo came right and said "I hate unions" and I'm gonna screw all of you"

[blockquote]
----------------
On 1/19/2003 8:00:32 AM Hopeful wrote:

Oh, incidentally, my resume includes having been employeed by Eastern Ailines and Braniff.
----------------
[/blockquote]

But their (Eastern & Braniff) management "lied" about their situations, although in the end, those "lies" proved to hold a little more hard truth than some folks want to admit. Now, AA's management is "lying" about their situation in order to wrest concessions from labor. Do I see a pattern here?

Hopeful, You have been a member about 1 month and m,ost of your 2 a day posts are negative. Now this is a free post and you do have a right, but lighten up.
Lets see some HOPEFUL news come out.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 1/19/2003 10:26:05 AM Hopeful wrote:

KCFLYER: Now you are an expert on what happened at Eastern Airlines? The next thing you'll be saying is that Frank Lorenzo really meant well and just wanted to make EAL profitable and the unions thwarted his efforts. How silly of me!

Nope - never said I was an expert in anything. Just pointing out that those other airlines had managment who was "overstating" their losses in order to get a leg up on labor. Seeing the same thing with your posts about AA.

Did you ever think that maybe American isn't really losing millions a day, but rather just not making millions a day according to projections?

Doesn't really matter what I think. If I believe management, then I am either on their PR team or drinking the kool aid. They say they are losing millions a day. I'd tend to believe them, because ever since a little thing called "Enron", shareholders are expecting the truth to come from the lips of management. FWIW - a dollar not earned is a dollar lost.

And also KCFLYER, I do not recall mentioning that EAL and Braniff managements lied to make their situations worse. I mentioned EAL and Braniff in a response to Xsqeeze's post. The fact is that American Airlines is not immune to going out of business. No airline is. And if American Airlines ceases to exist, which bulletin board will you load up with your opinions especially since you are not an airline employee?

You don't have to mention that EAL and BN management "lied"...you could have read it in the papers, or God forbid, reading books about the companies. There are a lot out there. Some pro labor, some pro company. Read both and form an opinion (as I have done). As for as my not being an airline employee to post on the boards - a couple of things...I see the title of this board as "USAviation Forums"....I didn't see anywhere in the title "US Aviation Industy Employees Forum". Nor did I see anywhere in the users agreement that one had to be an airline employee to post opinions. Talk about the kool aid my friend...without opposing viewpoints, these might as well be the "Rush Limbaugh" boards...you know "Management sucks".. Dittoes Rush...mega dittoes Rush. Those might make those holding your opinion feel good, but there really are two sides to every story.

Besides, while I'm not an airline employee, I am a consumer of the services provided by airline employees. YOu don't have to agree with my opinion...but one does not have to be employeed in a certain area in order to become informed and hold an opinon on a topic. ANd hey, if AA goes into bankruptcy, your future most likely will be determined by a guy (BK judge) who also does not work for an airline.

---------------
[/blockquote]

It is important to note that AA will likely seek CH11 protection BEFORE its financial position approaches UAL or US. Those two carriers waited too long and their cash positions put them on the edge of CH7. AA management will likely seek to maintain the firm as a going concern. So, don't expect things to get as bad as UAL before the CH11 rumours hit.

[blockquote]
----------------

----------------
[/blockquote]

Try and get some free Twinkies out of the lunch machine...

Tilting is now legal!

[blockquote]
----------------

----------------
[/blockquote]

Wonder how I am going to get to my toolbox.....

[blockquote]
----------------
On 1/19/2003 5:48:35 PM will fix for food wrote:

[blockquote]
----------------

----------------
[/blockquote]

Wonder how I am going to get to my toolbox.....

----------------
[/blockquote]

DFWCC:[BR]I thought I had lightened up when I started this topic! Just a little attempt at levity pondering what one might do after their company was to close its doors! The irony of my reply to KCflyer was that I am still in the airlines after working for two failed carriers. . Kcflyer repsonded out of context. I was merely looking for either humorous responses or serious ones. thats all.

Enjoy life outside of the airline industry. No way I'm ever going to start over at another carrier.