What would happend if we merge again?

Not to merge with US for sure. But if US had been allowed to liquidate there'd have been a line for assets - just look at the line for the 24 slot pairs at LGA/DCA and only carriers with little or no presence are eligible. Image if 50% of all slot pairs at each of those airports had been available for purchase...

Jim
As you said before, they definitely bought something to the table.

Reactions: 1 person
US definitely had assets, primarily the slots (but even they were collateral for the ATSB-backed loan). But that's US, not any employee group. And assets need to provide sufficient revenue to at least cover expenses, and US' assets didn't. Which is why there were effectively back to back bankruptcies and approaching liquidation.

Jim

Reactions: 3 people
US definitely had assets, primarily the slots (but even they were collateral for the ATSB-backed loan). But that's US, not any employee group. And assets need to provide sufficient revenue to at least cover expenses, and US' assets didn't. Which is why there were effectively back to back bankruptcies and approaching liquidation.

Jim
Thank you again.

I think Doug is speaking to AMR about a deal. The following information is more of the rumor type with comments and speculation, but here's my take.

1. There are message board reports on USaviation.com's website that APA President Dave Bates briefed the MIA Domicile late last month that he was recently at an industry conference, he personally talked to Scott Kirby, and Bates indicated US Airways was targeting AMR.

2. DFW station personnel are telling crews that Doug Parker, Scott Kirby, Robert Isom, and Derek Kerr have been regularly flying in and out of DFW.

3. A colleague of ours I spoke with recently spoke with a Virgin America crew. The Virgin Crew said Parker recently flew between LAX and DFW (to hide his whereabouts?) on Virgin.

4. In last month's PHX F/A Crew News (I believe the F/A session - may have been one of the other 3 sessions) when the AMR merger question was asked, Parker confirmed he's been going to DFW on business.

5. I believe the slot transaction may no longer be desirable if a deal proceeds with AMR. in fact, at last week's Annual US Airways Management Conference in PHX the "executive suite" was not in attendance, which is unusual. Where were all of the Officers?

6. Yesterday US Airways' Market Capitalization was $810.41 million. American's Market Capitalization was even less at $801.14 million, which makes an out of bankruptcy stock swap attractive, but still leaves the combined company with too high of costs.

This is all rumor type information, although I believe all of the five points above to be true. Here's where I'm going with this:

Fall Quarter - LOA 93 decision goes against USAPA and union neutered by Preliminary Injunction court order.

December 2011 - Slot Transaction decision

March 2012 - Bid to acquire AMR, pre-packaged bankruptcy to preserve cash, agreements with AMR unions to freeze pension/create a DC Plan, promise to APA/USAPA of DAL +1%, agreements with Boeing/Airbus and other creditors to keep aircraft, engine, and other deliveries intact.

December 2012 - DJ lawsuit decision, federal government does not oppose merger and US Airways-AMR file Hart-Scott-Rodino notice.

US Airways surviving entity, which bypasses East COC provision. Combined business entity called American Airlines. Pilot's offered DAL + 1 percent to support deal. Assuming the District Court rules the Nicolau Award is the list then this would be USAPA's list when we enter into the MacCaskill-Bond federal law seniority integration.

The NMB holds a representation election. APA becomes our union and Cleary & Co. is removed from office. Parker does not have to deal with USAPA ever again, USAPA folds, and Parker gets what he wants.

As a colleague of ours said, "(Parkers) got a court's decision that US Airways' pilots even so much as calling in fatigued may be in violation of the RLA. What more could the CEO of a LCC want? Checkmate."
Can you tell us more about this Virgin America crew referenced in item 3?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :D

AMERICAN Executives have been @ Corporate Head-Quarters in PHX AZ. This Week. :lol:

Yes, and Doug showed them that he has eliminated the scope protection for all the FAs at USAir, in the event of the merger they were discussing. They were delighted to see that Doug was willing to furlough the USAir FAs in order to make a deal more palatable to AA.

I think Doug is speaking to AMR about a deal. The following information is more of the rumor type with comments and speculation, but here's my take.

1. There are message board reports on USaviation.com's website ..

2. DFW station personnel ...

3. A colleague of ours I spoke with recently spoke with a Virgin America crew. The Virgin Crew said Parker recently flew between LAX and ...

4. In last month's PHX F/A Crew News (I believe the F/A session - may have been one of the other 3 sessions) ...

5. I believe the slot transaction may no longer be desirable if a deal proceeds with AMR. ...

6. Yesterday US Airways' Market Capitalization was $810.41 million. ...

This is all rumor type information, although I believe all of the five points above to be true. Here's where I'm going with this:

You would get a lot more credibility for your analysis of your six numbered points if you could remember how many you wrote.

AMR in Bankruptcy to Pare New York Flights in Peak Travel Season

“They’re stopping losses by making cuts like these, and American’s near-term charge is to stop the bleeding,” Keay said. “American is losing a lot of money in the first quarter and jet fuel is over $3.20 a gallon and that’s burning more money. Applying the tourniquet is what should be happening.”

Click here to read the story.

hp management might get a wakeup call and start treating experienced airline agents like experienced airline agents, and not like hp kids! Just about anyone with common sense would know that if someone has been working for an airline before hp came into existance, that they might have a little bit more experience than anyone from hp. You would think that management would try to use that experience to their advantage. But not here. Mistake, after mistake, after mistake! Money being wasted in so many ways, and management could care less. Does anyone have any ideas how to fix these problems?

Rogue.....

Latest posts