What would happend if we merge again?

AMR in Bankruptcy to Pare New York Flights in Peak Travel Season

“They’re stopping losses by making cuts like these, and American’s near-term charge is to stop the bleeding,” Keay said. “American is losing a lot of money in the first quarter and jet fuel is over $3.20 a gallon and that’s burning more money. Applying the tourniquet is what should be happening.”

Click here to read the story.
Sounds like the old "shrink to profitability" theory again. Watch out AA: mgmt will tell you they'll grow the airline again in the future, but it will be with fee-for-departure regional affiliates, not mainline jets.
Deja vu.....
Cheers.

That sound you hear is American Airlines tapping its foot as it looks at its watch

American Airlines rejects the idea of early-out bonuses for employees

The time on the watch is getting close to 1113, n'est pas?
Good luck guys, we know its difficult to negotiate with a gun to your head (figuratively).
Cheers.

Shares Hit Fuel Price Wall as Airlines Make Surprising Cuts

"Who would have ever thought that American Airlines would withdraw from JFK-Aruba, a market they have been serving for the last 40 or so years?" Linenberg wrote. "That plus St. Maarten, Turks and Caicos, San Jose, Costa Rica and Fort Lauderdale are some of the routes slated to be cut from NY's Kennedy Airport. Some of these cuts may be a function of AMR's bankruptcy restructuring and some may be due to anticipated losses from rising energy prices."

That's the most ignorant post or question I have ever read. I am an east FA and I am certain that any west pilot would have done what they needed to do if the same occurred to them .West or East they are all
Professional pilots . Just becaue they don't agree on certain issues does not mAke either side acbetter pilot than the other .
Not so certain, (well, since I know you, I am certain), you have any idea what you post.

This thread needs to be closed, who cares about AA and its bankruptcy on a US Airways thread, there pension and and labor issues dont belong here!

Reactions: 2 people
Analyst: AMR/US Airways Deal Makes Sense

American now looking to freeze - not kill - pensions

AMR May Seek Court Intervention In Labor Deals
Gosh, AA has fallen so far. Remember back in the early 70's when they had that fleet of space freighters?

vlcsnap-2009-08-25-13h51m54s181.jpg

Reactions: 2 people

Latest posts