What's Arpey's Next Move?

I didn't mean this thread to turn into a union b*tch-fest. How about some ideas more along the lines of the strategic direction of the company and not who gets what parking space.

Strategic direction?

AA is probably too big to be successful aiming at the top of the market, and poorly engineered to be successful aiming at the bottom.

Because of this, I think the path to success is aiming squarely at the middle. JetBlue has been doing an adequate job in that regard, but imagine if AA undertook it with a vengeance! Here's what I'd expect it to look like:

Point-to-point domestic flights, with the 80s covering the mid-length routes and the 737s taking on the long routes...

But to be successful in that market, you have to compete on service as well as price. We keep hearing that the hot meals cost on the order of $5-7. If you're offering them consistently, people in this mid-range market would easily pay an extra $10-15...provided we're not playing the "bistro" game.

Bring back MRTC, but kill FC. FC is useful for bringing those business travelers, but not for the middle class. Perhaps you could keep business class (albeit with a different name) for the overwater widebodies, but nobody gets there without paying the extra...and the extra would be about 50% over the coach counterpart.

Reduce the fleet complexity as rapidly as possible. Ideally, AA should have only 737/757/767/777, with a future reduction to 7E7/777.

At next contract negotiations, push hard for a low base pay with large performance bonuses...for everyone. Make sure that everyone's individual success is tied directly to the company's success.

Anyone else?