What's Wrong With This Merger?

Fast Mover

Dec 23, 2006
This is simple stuff that no amount of cut and pasting by a guy with no life can change. First, a combination of USAir/DAL is a waste for DAL. USAir brings nothing of value to the table. No international to speak of, no heavy metal unless you count a handful of old, short 76's and a route system that mainly overlaps DAL's much more extensive domestic system. If DAL needs a partner then DAL/NWA or DAL/United make some sense in that DAL has Europe sewn up tight and is number two in Latin America while the partners have a lock on Asia. Even Continental/DAL makes more sense just for the complementry routes as well as similar Boeing fleets.

Number two, IF USAir/DAL went through other mergers would follow and the USAir/DAL combination would be the smallest and weakest, with no presense to speak of in Asia, not good.

Number three, the AWA/USAir merger is still a mess and will continue to be for the forseeable future. It has made money for a few quarters due soley to the employees having the worst pay and benefits in the industry. I don't think a smooth merger will result from one set of employees still having pensions and one set of pilots and f/a's still having decent work rules, while the other two do not. In addition, the DAL pilot's contract was negotiated in BK, approved by the judge and may well be pretty ironclad in a change of control situation like this.

While the USAir employees were facing liquidation, DAL is not. There is a future for them that does not include liquidation, which would be the result in a couple years if this combo actually happened. And it would surely be the result unless you want to keep taking pay cuts to try and compete with much stronger combos that would arise. If a combo is needed eventually for DAL, it won't be a doomed one like this. Both sides need to bring something of value and USAir does not, unless you include low pay, no benefits and no work rules.

Reading these boards it seems a lot of f/a's and pilots here dream of someday getting on a piece of heavy metal over the ocean and see this as their only hope. It's just a fantasy though, this combination is doomed and no amount of dreaming can change that. It will either be stillborn or will spawn a rash of combinations that will easily overpower this three way combo from hell.

Another newbie fly by night know it all that knows nothing. I guess those 9 A330's flying around are invisible. Hum, between 15 and 20 European cities that we serve (many seasonal) are invisible and I guess the close to 30 Caribbean/Mexican/central American destinations just don't exist in my pairings.

As far as US/AWA merger, you don't know WHAT you're talking about!! It is NOT a mess. The contracts are not as one but that has had nothing to do with performance...which check the DOT stats for the year....DAL falls BELOW US Airways in almost all categories. When the computer system becomes one, the problems that you and others like to overexaggerate will be taken care of. The DAL management has blown the AWA/US merger way out of proportion and like a typical DAL employee/supporter, you believe everything told without any self educating.

While not perfect, we DO have a leader and he is NOT a Carl Icchan or Frank Lorenzo like MANY at the DAL "family' that idiots like you would like to portray. If we have made profits because we pay less, the same will happen when the employees of DAL leave ch 11. Hum, they're now at 30% cuts and not even out of ch 11. Perhaps DAL's small profits have been BECAUSE they sacrificed??? And what the hell does "on the brink of liguidation have to do with a damn thing. Funny you are hiring Gordin Bethune who brought CAL from the brink of liquidation after two trips to chapter 11 to show DAL can go at it alone. Oh, but it's different with him. Got it! ;)

Asia :lol: :lol: Yeah it's really helped UAL and NWA. Sure kept them out of ch 11....NOT!!

As far as OLD aircraft, the 767 is not a young ac and guess who has PLENTY of them? Yup, DAL!! And those "new" 757's you own? :lol: And lest we forget the piece of shiitt md80's still flying around the DAL system. :eek:

I am TOTALLY against this merger for many reasons, but the main one NOW being because of your management team and their happy brainwashed employees who have decided to paint US as the devil. Your people have insulted, lied, and exaggerated so much that ANY respect I ever had in DAL is gone. And I have and will contend that US Airways should spend money on itself and silence the lies of a certain CEO and his koolaid drinkers.

It amazes me that you all are in a fit because US may want to buy DAL. The only good thing out of this would be the revenge for attempting to put US out of business. You people didn't think we would make its and comair/asa'ed to crap out of the US system. It didn't work. DAL is in CH 11 and only have themselves to blame for that. The only non-union (besides alpa) airline and it still cant make money? :lol: And how much money lost in the last 6 yrs? :lol: 10 BILLION with a B!! Oh yeah, the evil US Airways is the cause. Before you prople start painting US as evil, look in the mirror and look at your own management team that PUT you there. Now who's the joke? :mf_boff:

..which check the DOT stats for the year....DAL falls BELOW US Airways in almost all categories.

So what...DL was above US in almost every category for JD Powers, has that helped employees at either airline get our pay back?

...the DAL "family' that idiots like you would like to portray.

LCC, you sound just like the DL "idots" when you retaliate this way

Hum, they're now at 30% cuts and not even out of ch 11.

Take your own advice...and check the facts. We haven't taken 30% pay cuts;although it may not be out of the realm of possibilities.

Funny you are hiring Gordin Bethune ...

No, the creditors committee is hiring him as an advisor, not DL.

As far as OLD aircraft, the 767 is not a young ac and guess who has PLENTY of them? Yup, DAL!!

We have no 767-200's, only 767-300 and 767-400's

And lest we forget the piece of shiitt md80's still flying around the DAL system. :eek:

I would venture to say they're not much older than the 737-300 and 400's.

Your people have insulted, lied, and exaggerated so much that ANY respect I ever had in DAL is gone.

As have you...if you don't believe me, go back and read your posts.

The only good thing out of this would be the revenge for attempting to put US out of business.

Revenge, I promise you, won't make you sleep better at night. Try being nice, instead. "Good Goes Around".

You reply as if we as employees ever thought one way or another about USAir. What revenge are you babbling about? We, as employees were glad you didn't liquidate, there is enough bad news every day in this industry without that and many of us flew with pilots in the military that made the choice to go with USAir. Most are still not in a cockpit even after all these years and you think we want any part of results like that?! But this merger crap is just more of that kind of bad news, no way do we want to play that game. In the end, most employees would not know a USAir person if they tripped over one. Where would we see one? Europe, not very likely, Latin America, slim chance. You sound as if we spent our time focused on you. Not true, we had our own problems and they are being addressed I think, no need for the USAir savior, thanks anyway. We will take our chances without you any day of the week because in spite of your silly ranting you never addressed the fundamental issue which is you bring NOTHING to the table but a bunch of fast talking money men who stand to make a buck at other people's expense. You have already paid once, why would you want to pay again? I'm sure you are a nice domestic airline with a couple of different work groups vying for advantage and that's ok. Be satisfied and spend your time figuring out how to become one big happy family. Oh and about those couple of 330's, sorry to hear it. At least they are cheap. If it ain't Boeing, I'm not going, as they say. On a side note, our junior international widebody captain is 16 years, what is it again over in your neck of the woods? Again, thanks for thinking of us but no thanks.

This proposed merger is not about what US has to bring to Delta, but more about what Delta has that US wants. If it were the way that you suggest in your post, Delta would have to be going after US instead. I wouldn't exactly call the entire NE corridor "Nothing". Delta did enter into many NE markets years ago, but have since converted most of the routes to RJ's.
As far as the liquidation comment, all of us that lived thru it knew that it was pretty much all an intimidation tactic, but nobody was willing to find out for sure. Whenver the company and the unions were at a standstill, the "L" word started flying around... :unsure:

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:
You reply as if we as employees ever thought one way or another about USAir. What revenge are you babbling about? We, as employees were glad you didn't liquidate, there is enough bad news every day in this industry without that and many of us flew with pilots in the military that made the choice to go with USAir. Most are still not in a cockpit even after all these years and you think we want any part of results like that?! But this merger crap is just more of that kind of bad news, no way do we want to play that game. In the end, most employees would not know a USAir person if they tripped over one. Where would we see one? Europe, not very likely, Latin America, slim chance. You sound as if we spent our time focused on you. Not true, we had our own problems and they are being addressed I think, no need for the USAir savior, thanks anyway. We will take our chances without you any day of the week because in spite of your silly ranting you never addressed the fundamental issue which is you bring NOTHING to the table but a bunch of fast talking money men who stand to make a buck at other people's expense. You have already paid once, why would you want to pay again? I'm sure you are a nice domestic airline with a couple of different work groups vying for advantage and that's ok. Be satisfied and spend your time figuring out how to become one big happy family. Oh and about those couple of 330's, sorry to hear it. At least they are cheap. If it ain't Boeing, I'm not going, as they say. On a side note, our junior international widebody captain is 16 years, what is it again over in your neck of the woods? Again, thanks for thinking of us but no thanks.

Thats right, "no thanks". I would rather merge with a better airline like CO. Besides, how long does it take to learn to walk around like a peacock like you. You guys really think you are all that, dont you? Well time will tell. Trust me, we dont want you either pal. Even in BK you think your better than everyone. If you dont get saved by US you will be broken up in little pieces. But you dont have anything to worry about your a Delta Pilot the best of the best. Well, in your mind at least.

Your posts are just another example of what the rank and file USAirways employees perceive as the personification of a Delta Pilot. Arrogant, self serving, and completely out of touch with the reality of the airline industry.

Check your six, because little old USAirways is coming your way whether you like it or not. Even if you are not acquired by USAirways, think about how much extra time and money Grinny and the boys have to devote to warding off the evil USAirways spirit. All the way around a brilliant strategy by the "money men" that run USAirways.

You wouldn't be so senior if hundreds of senior Delta pilots hadn't taken their lump sums and run when they saw the Bankruptcy handwriting on the wall.

Most USAirways pilots I know don't give a rats ass about flying a Delta Widebody (well maybe one). Welcome to the game. You are in play and Your Delta is not Your Delta any longer.

And one more thing, "Fast Mover?" Fighter pilot? Need I say more?

You wouldn't be so senior if hundreds of senior Delta pilots hadn't taken their lump sums and run when they saw the Bankruptcy handwriting on the wall.

Why did the company ever agree to such a thing? Do other companies offer a "lump sum" offer? I think that's ridiculous. What incentive would you have to stay with the company? Then again, I'm just a lowly flight attendant-so what do I know.