Sleep in heavenly peace

Silent night, holy night
Shepherds quake at the sight
Glories stream from Heaven afar
Heav'nly hosts sing Alleluia
Christ the Saviour is born
Christ the Saviour is born

Trivia

The song was sung simultaneously in English and German by troops during the Christmas truce of 1914, as it was one of the few carols that soldiers on both sides of the frontline knew.

and nycdelta please do not fall into the trap . you are about a few of the delta posters that i respect . happy holidays.

Thanks etops1. You're right, I generally try to ignore people that spew only hateful things. I'm usually pretty level-headed-unless I'm dealing with Rico. He knows what buttons to push (I hate being called sweetie!) :angry:
Merry Christmas!

The more DL and their management team piss of Dougie...the more I would like to see us take over DL. Then let go all of their workforce and offer them to interview for their job at starting wages and a starting hire date! Then give them First come first serve non rev policy, and see how it feels to throw rocks at glass houses! JMHO

I'm sorry to hear you feel that way. I hope all airline employees get back all that they've given up over the years. We've all worked very hard to get where we are and deserve some good times, for a change. I hope the rich stop getting richer, and the poor are able to find enough food to feed their families. On a personal note, I hope my sister can finish her chemo and radiation and kill that stage 4 lung cancer that courses through her lympahtic system.
Lastly, I hope the year 2007 is a successful one for all of us. Happy Holidays.

This merger is not what Delta or US Airways bring to the merger alone, it is what two excellent companies would bring to the merger together.

US Airways has done its homework and this merger works because it brings the greatest synergistic financial gain out of all combinations, according to US Airways’ “executive suiteâ€. $1.65 billion is a huge number for an industry/companies that operate with high fixed costs and cash flow challenges. Because Delta is in bankruptcy the debtor has a lot of flexibility to reject contracts and leases that would be excess to the combined business enterprise. This flexibility permits the two companies to take out hundreds of millions of dollars of costs that cannot be extracted from combining carrier’s who are solvent.

I believe US Airways made a strong case during its December 21 conference call on why the merger should proceed, which I believe will solidify its supporters and other interested parties. In my opinion, the creditors committee’s desire to hire Gordon Bethune as their advisor and US Airways’ presentation last week will cause the creditors to force Delta to open its books to US Airways to begin the “due diligence†process.

The “due diligence†process and resultant merger “financial sunshineâ€; coupled with the growing belief that Delta management is misrepresenting information, could cause a corporate transaction that Delta employees would truly dislike, which I believe may not be in the best interest of US Airways and Delta’s stakeholders.

Why? As I indicated, I believe Delta’s creditors will force management to open the books to US Airways, which could ignite a bidding war for Delta by Northwest and/or United, along with US Airways.

I think it’s pretty clear most of Wall Street does not think much of Delta’s inflated standalone plan and the Atlanta-based company’s executive suite. Why? Many people believe Delta is misrepresenting information and the company, along the bankruptcy judge, are required to focus on their fiduciary responsibility to maximize the value to creditors, not their desire to obtain “golden parachutesâ€.

Meanwhile, a potential United-Continental merger is apparently fraught with ambivalence and “social issues†of “who would run the new airline, along with structural complications of the Northwest “golden share†provision. But, United has made its position well known about its desire to merge and both United and Northwest have hired M&A advisors.

Thus, I believe a bidding war could erupt for Delta and/or its assets, which could lead to the Atlanta-based carrier being fragmented. Will this happen? Maybe, maybe not, but I would be very concerned about this scenario unfolding if I was a Delta employee, because my could be worse, much worse, than merging with US Airways, who will be one of the most profitable U.S. airlines in 2006.

US Airways and Delta’s employees can create a great airline and a great team. Instead of throwing barbs at one another why not talk about how the two companies can come together to create a supreme product for our customers and greater job security, pay, and benefits for its employees.

Best regards,

USA320Pilot

Just go away. You bore us. And it's US AirWAYS.
We'd be happy to accommodate you, but it is you who refuse to go away.

This proposed merger is not about what US has to bring to Delta, but more about what Delta has that US wants. If it were the way that you suggest in your post, Delta would have to be going after US instead.
It has everything to do with what US can bring.
The DAL/C&S merger was a good one because each airline brought strengths that complemented the other, resulting in a combined company that was stronger and better than just the sum of the two. The same is true for the DL/NE merger and the DL/WA merger. There are parings out there that make good sense, but DL/US isn't one of them. There is no benefit to Delta or Delta people there.

:D
I'm sorry to hear you feel that way. I hope all airline employees get back all that they've given up over the years. We've all worked very hard to get where we are and deserve some good times, for a change. I hope the rich stop getting richer, and the poor are able to find enough food to feed their families. On a personal note, I hope my sister can finish her chemo and radiation and kill that stage 4 lung cancer that courses through her lympahtic system.
Lastly, I hope the year 2007 is a successful one for all of us. Happy Holidays.
Wish u and your sister THE VERY BEST OF LUCK on the cancer, my dad is battling b cell lymphoma. God Bless you and your sister NYCDELTA :up: "KEEP DELTA MY DELTA" :up:

On a personal note, I hope my sister can finish her chemo and radiation and kill that stage 4 lung cancer that courses through her lympahtic system.
I missed this part. Sorry to hear about this. There are a lot of long term cancer survivors out there. Several of them are in my family. Good luck to your sister.

MMB:

In my opinion, the best merger's are the ones that provide a quality product to its customers and provides the best job security, pay, and benfits to its employees.

From what I have seen at the new US Airways, this could happen between Delta and US Airways.

Why do you believe "here are parings out there that make good sense, but DL/US isn't one of them. There is no benefit to Delta or Delta people there?"

Regards,

USA320Pilot

MMB:

In my opinion, the best merger's are the ones that provide a quality product to its customers and provides the best job security, pay, and benfits to its employees.

From what I have seen at the new US Airways, this could happen between Delta and US Airways.

Why do you believe "here are parings out there that make good sense, but DL/US isn't one of them. There is no benefit to Delta or Delta people there?"

Regards,

USA320Pilot

320 As you say with all due respect, What are you on ? We don't have our own house together yet.

Latest posts

Back