What's Your Self Worth?

Are you full of it or what? Get what you pay for is right, remember that, so don't expect us wage slaves to be exactly killing ourselves "saving the airline" when the management I know didn't up anywhere close to what the twu agreed to. (don't tell me we voted for it, the twu vote was a sham). AA Management still have the pay they had, no 17.5% cut, the vacation, the "comp time" or sick time, the holidays, and a laundry list of perks that goes on and on.

No, not full of it, but I did live it for nearly 20 years. From 2000 to 2005 I took a 7.5% cut and received a 1% raise (the same as everyone else). In that time my peers at other companies were receiving regular merit increases. In those five years I probably left the same money on the table that you did, maybe more. Management, like every other workgroup, voted on what benefits to give up. Since most management doesn't have the opportunity to CS, we voted to keep our VC and holidays but gave up our retirement health benefits. Comp time is a fallacy -- I probably worked an average of 45-50 hours a week for 20 years (some weeks 60-80 hours) and can count the comp days I took on one hand. I'll trade you comp time for OT any day. I'd even trade you comp time for 1/2 (maybe even less) of OT. Sick time? A sick day to most management people means that they have to work twice as hard when they get back. It's no bargain.

Say what you will, and you will, but you're blaming the wrong people. Most (and I stress most) management folks want to do a good job and want to succeed and want the airline to succeed. Are there losers? Sure, I worked with many. But there are slackers in every workgroup.

The thing is, I don't have a dog in this hunt anymore. I left AA voluntarily in 2005 for a job outside the industry that pays me 105% more than what I got at AA and a true "laundry list of perks", none of which existed at AA. And I landed this job in this stinking economy. I couldn't justify staying anymore. It makes me sick to think what I would have gotten in 2000-2001 before the stock market tanked.

The real question is, if it's so awful (and obviously I agree that it is), why do you stick around? Leave, get paid commensurate to your experience on the open market.

If I can do it, you can, right?

Wretched Wrench said:
Hmmmm.................gone, but still here.

Sounds familiar.

[post="288938"][/post]​

I guess if you are not a current AA employee you have no right to post your opinions on this blog :down: If you want union propaganda visit U.S. aviation boards..I don't think so.

Imagolfer said:
I guess if you are not a current AA employee you have no right to post your opinions on this blog :down: If you want union propaganda visit U.S. aviation boards..I don't think so.
[post="288942"][/post]​
Also, if your into the twisted management union haters club, were anyone in a union today is unproductive, selfish, out of touch, and should, "just quit if you don't like it", hop on the US Aviation BB....Touche' :huh:

Oh excuse me Mr. Harvard MBA bossman, is that better sir? You would think being in a union I would know how to spell "sellfish" or "quite".

I be workin' real good for ya boss, see, I be going a fas' as I can boss, please don't whip me no mo' boss, I be good..... :rolleyes:

Hackman said:
Also, if your into the twisted management union haters club, were anyone in a union today is unproductive, sellfish, out of touch, and should, "just quite if you don't like it", hop on the US Aviation BB....Touche' :huh:
[post="288962"][/post]​

You may want to go back to school to learn how to spell :D

Imagolfer said:
You may want to go back to school to learn how to spell :D
[post="288963"][/post]​
I guess I should have put this here.

Oh excuse me Mr. Harvard MBA bossman, is that better sir? You would think being in a union I would know how to spell "sellfish".

I be workin' real good for ya boss, see, I be going a fas' as I can boss, please don't whip me no mo' boss, I be good..... rolleyes.gif

Imagolfer said:

Golly, is your new life so uninteresting that you still have the need to repeatedly vent your anti-union bile here?

Or is there another factor at work?