Whatsup With All The FA Postings?

They probably have to post the positions even though they have been filled already by furloughees and internal transfers that were already waiting from the last cxled class. We are far from short on the west side! We were very fat for the month of feb. You guys crack me up on how you read so much into something so little.

Your own union put out a memo saying that March is going to be rough. Only an excess of 8 reserves. So, that would mean short.

Your own union put out a memo saying that March is going to be rough. Only an excess of 8 reserves. So, that would mean short.

They probably have to post the positions even though they have been filled already by furloughees and internal transfers that were already waiting from the last cxled class. We are far from short on the west side! We were very fat for the month of feb. You guys crack me up on how you read so much into something so little.
Well, staffing could still be heavy for February, even if it's short for March. We probably operate more flights in March due to spring breaks starting.

They wouldn't "have to" post anything unless there are openings!

For the invols going to west they are stuck for 365 days. If there is an east recall during that time they would still have to stay at West but are considered recalled so that after integration they go back to where they belong on the seniority list.

So what happens if the 365 days are up and the two are finally intergrated and they never got to recalling the most junior f/a at East and they took the AWA "new hire recall" , do they get their U seniority date or do they stay at the bottom until U recalls them? Because they may take a long time to get to the last U f/a on the list since they go back to the top of the seniority list everytime they recall..which sucks because if someone passes that should be their own fault for doing so and they should wait until they get through the list to get another chance. So now when they recall they gotta go back to sept 99 class again...uugghh!!

So what happens if the 365 days are up and the two are finally intergrated and they never got to recalling the most junior f/a at East and they took the AWA "new hire recall" , do they get their U seniority date or do they stay at the bottom until U recalls them? Because they may take a long time to get to the last U f/a on the list since they go back to the top of the seniority list everytime they recall..which sucks because if someone passes that should be their own fault for doing so and they should wait until they get through the list to get another chance. So now when they recall they gotta go back to sept 99 class again...uugghh!!
Yes, they will be at the bottom until "recalled by East". But after 365 days and integration they could probably transfer back to an East coast base and be where they would've been in the grand scheme anyway. Some of the most junior people were only active for 6 months or less and not even off of probation. What would be the big deal with being at the bottom? they were there anyway and will have the new hires under them and of course be EMPLOYED. After all we still have people with 6 1/2 years on furlough that have served their time. Let's just be thankful that we are in some sort of growth, adding cities and aircraft and starting to recall people. I'm sure that they will get to them sooner than people think. Also be thankful that there is unlimited recall, as I understand it AWA only has a 5 year recall as do many others such as AA. Most of the TWA people will probably never get to come back now because of that. People that were hired at AA and were only active for 2 years when 9/11 happened are still there while 40 year TWA folks are SOL. May not be the best situation but certainly not the worst.

Thanks USstew23,that is how I thought it was gonna be..too confusing!! I was only furloughed for a short time before going to MAA. I think the AWA thing is a joke. Unless you live or commute from out there or want to move there..it makes no sense. Mainline will call back before the 365 days are up..and when they are up..who is to say the bid will be open for PHL or CLT(most of the places where people want to be)and what if there are like 10 openings in say CLT and they all go to senior people..who knows how long one could be there in PHX for? I am sure some of the senior f/a's in PHX would like to do some International out of PHL. It just all seems to much. I will be furloughed again soon and I think I will wait it out or find another carreer.

Thanks USstew23,that is how I thought it was gonna be..too confusing!! I was only furloughed for a short time before going to MAA. I think the AWA thing is a joke. Unless you live or commute from out there or want to move there..it makes no sense. Mainline will call back before the 365 days are up..and when they are up..who is to say the bid will be open for PHL or CLT(most of the places where people want to be)and what if there are like 10 openings in say CLT and they all go to senior people..who knows how long one could be there in PHX for? I am sure some of the senior f/a's in PHX would like to do some International out of PHL. It just all seems to much. I will be furloughed again soon and I think I will wait it out or find another carreer.
Yeah I feel your pain. Really haven't been one to complain about the transition agreement or the AWA deal (everybody has their thing) because for some it will work and some it will not. The one thing I would like to see is for the MAA folks to get their time there credited for longevity. I only stayed at MAA for 5 months so no biggy for me but for those of you who stayed and endured deserve that much!!