When did DCA-IAH and DCA-CLE end?

sfb

Veteran
Aug 21, 2002
www.usaviation.com
So I was flying out of IAH this morning and noticed that the departures board for US no longer included flights to Washington/DCA. Checking the timetable this afternoon, it appears that DCA-CLE has also been discontinued. But the flights to DFW, ATL, DTW, and ORD from DCA still appear to be in the schedules.

Thats interesting. It also seems to me that additional flights from PHL-IAH have been added on E-170's. Seems like a long flight for an E-170...

Thats interesting. It also seems to me that additional flights from PHL-IAH have been added on E-170's. Seems like a long flight for an E-170...

Actually, I much rather fly an E170 instead of a 733, especially if it is full. Have you ever been in a 170? It is really comfortable.

IAH-PHL is the longest route we use the 170s on. It's a very comforable ride. The aircraft has a range on about 2100 miles.

The E170s are in limbo. While the mainline-MDA employees are furloughed and the airplanes transfer to Republic, they simply cannot staff the planes. MDA pilots are not biting in the amount they need to keep the planes flying. Pilots take a long time to train but the MDA pilots could have a shorter training. Republic thought mainline 170 pilots would be desperate enough to start over on thier own plane under kiddie Chataqa pilots.

As for F/As, no one wants to work there... they have a high turnover rate between people getting fired and now that the real airlines are hiring again, why would you want to work there? You could be a real US Airways f/a (west) so why be a replacement F/A? Only a couple MDA F/As have gone because they can have a PIT base.

The 170s Republic has now they seem to be broken all the time or a F/A has blown the slide. They have planes all over the place broken and half the time they ferry them. US Air has had to send out 737s, the 170s still at mda and PSA jets to reposition people that have been stranded due to Republics ineptness. The need to buy thier way out of that horrible deal, get US its planes back so the customers can get the service they deserve.

There will probably be more E170 routes cut, downgraded, or reduced because of the decision to outsource mainline planes to a start-up commuter airline that simply can't handle the schedule, longer routes, or an aircraft of that size. Messy contracted regional airlines have probably been US Airways worst service problem, now they are being used on mainline routes and directly replacing mainline employees and the old term "you get what you pay for" is being shown all over the system.

Looks like the Republic deal was a "#### you very much" parting gift from US execs on the way out the door with their golden parachutes to the new management :down:

Remember what Doug said when they announced the 190s... "We're happy to have these operated by mainline employees." Now we're seeing why. What a cluster.

Looks like management found what they were looking for. The level of indifference.

The E170s are in limbo. While the mainline-MDA employees are furloughed and the airplanes transfer to Republic, they simply cannot staff the planes. MDA pilots are not biting in the amount they need to keep the planes flying. Pilots take a long time to train but the MDA pilots could have a shorter training. Republic thought mainline 170 pilots would be desperate enough to start over on thier own plane under kiddie Chataqa pilots.

As for F/As, no one wants to work there... they have a high turnover rate between people getting fired and now that the real airlines are hiring again, why would you want to work there? You could be a real US Airways f/a (west) so why be a replacement F/A? Only a couple MDA F/As have gone because they can have a PIT base.

The 170s Republic has now they seem to be broken all the time or a F/A has blown the slide. They have planes all over the place broken and half the time they ferry them. US Air has had to send out 737s, the 170s still at mda and PSA jets to reposition people that have been stranded due to Republics ineptness. The need to buy thier way out of that horrible deal, get US its planes back so the customers can get the service they deserve.

There will probably be more E170 routes cut, downgraded, or reduced because of the decision to outsource mainline planes to a start-up commuter airline that simply can't handle the schedule, longer routes, or an aircraft of that size. Messy contracted regional airlines have probably been US Airways worst service problem, now they are being used on mainline routes and directly replacing mainline employees and the old term "you get what you pay for" is being shown all over the system.

I can't speak for the DCA CLE route but I know that the DCA IAH route was full or oversold a lot! I really hope they bring that route back. It is a shame that it was cut. It was doing very well. Anyone know about the DCA CLE route?

I was told by an agent in DCA that Continental has increased their flights from DCA-IAH to 9 per day, 8 flights on 737's and 1 on an E145. Also with the warmer weather and those "full" flights, Republic can't carry the load on the 170 like MDA did because their company can not do flaps 4 takeoffs to take off at the higher gross weights, therefore leaving Passengers and/or bags behind.

I can't speak for the DCA CLE route but I know that the DCA IAH route was full or oversold a lot! I really hope they bring that route back. It is a shame that it was cut. It was doing very well. Anyone know about the DCA CLE route?
dcacle and cledca discontinued this past december...not sure why...especially since flyi quit flyin outta cle

dcacle and cledca discontinued this past december...not sure why...especially since flyi quit flyin outta cle
Just to let you know the 4th largest city in America, HOUSTON, currently has "0" as in none...main line flights. This will work real well this summer. We will have bags that started their journey in June get there in August. Also no First Class service to Houston...great marketing department!

I have no problem flying on the E-170, but I'm confused that Houston (yes, the 4th largest city and very large business district) carries no mainline flights on US. Very interesting.

Yes that is correct.
CleDcaCle flts discontinued early December 2005.
God only knows, those dcacle trips were full and oversold
out of DCA.
Cle loads were not bad either.
I'll never understand after 22 yrs of working.