When Would Now Be A Good Time To Talk?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd love to hear the plan. Of course ive been laid off for 2 years so its not like it matters much to me. I'm just curious. But I dont really think there is a plan anyway.

Bob,

You are under some kind of presumption that I seek your support.....specifically with our internal plight.

Again you choose to fly USAirways, and I chose to work here and provide you a service. That is the only commonality we share. <_< Outside of that, I seek nothing from you.

In in case you have forgotten, we as employees help save this airline thus far with our sacrifices. Again, insulting to say the least.

On your "final thought" above....you sure make a hell of a lot of assumptions on these boards when it comes to me personally. And if you had even a "clue" about union leadership, they do not make decisions for the members, they are the voice of the collective members they represent. The members decide, the leaders express and represent those decision.

Robert Roach Jr., general vice president for transportation at the International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers, which represents airline mechanics, saw the action as an effort by the company to force the unions into granting more concessions, on top of two rounds agreed to in bankruptcy.

"There is not a set of circumstances that would allow us to go back in and reopen the collective-bargaining agreements," Mr. Roach said yesterday in an interview. "This is not going to work."

Union leaders said the airline, based in Arlington, Va., had presented them with the outline of a business plan at a December board meeting that called for cost cuts of $200 million to $300 million, in part through wage and benefit concessions.

Before they could participate, the union leaders said the carrier would have to streamline its operations further. A spokesman for the Air Line Pilots Association, Jack Steffan, said further cuts would do no good unless management changed the way the airline was run.

A spokesman for the Association of Flight Attendants, Jeff Zack, added that US Airways needed to revamp a wide range of practices including its schedules, the way it assigns employees and the prices it pays for fuel. "It's disingenuous of them to say they need cuts from workers to save the airline," Mr. Zack said.

Mr. Steffan, whose union has called for the ouster of US Airways' chief executive, David N. Siegel, said that "if throwing money at this management would solve the problem, we would do it in a heartbeat."

Status
Not open for further replies.