Where is The APFA T/A?

AAStew

Veteran
Feb 24, 2003
I have been trying to pull up the APFA website to look at the T/A.
To no avail. I have already received my ballot. Does anyone know what goes? Thanks.....

----------------
On 4/2/2003 6:35:02 PM AAStew wrote:

I have been trying to pull up the APFA website to look at the T/A.
To no avail. I have already received my ballot. Does anyone know what goes? Thanks.....

----------------​

have you tried looking in your toilet bowl, right before you flush? it''s about the same thing that''s in there....

I am assuming you did not mean to be rude towards me......but I am asking a serious question.
Again if you do not like it, use your vote and say no, but please stop the whining!

The offical language is not out yet. Please wait and get all the info before you vote. There is alot of emotion out there and some is true and some is just rumor. I suggest you add it all up after you get OFFICIAL numbers and make your decision from that.

Thanks Miaami, Yes I do plan to look it over.
I understand there is alot of emotion out there, but you know what, this is my fifth airline, If you have been around the business long enough you know you have to take the good with the bad. American has pulled crap on us before, but my gosh compare Carty to Frank Lorenzo and CArty starts looking pretty good....

----------------
On 4/2/2003 6:50:31 PM AAStew wrote:

I am assuming you did not mean to be rude towards me......but I am asking a serious question.
Again if you do not like it, use your vote and say no, but please stop the whining!

----------------​

no I was not being rude to you nor am I whining. I was just stating a fact, as you have in another post in this thread... "American has pulled crap on us before". Therefore, where do you find crap? unless you step on it in a cow pasture, look in your toilet bowl before you flush.

I know nerves are frayed these past few days, but sheesh, does everything have to be so serious that we can''t allow a little bit of humor, any kind whether appropriate or not, in it? gosh, stop and take a deep breath and then maybe our heads can clear up a bit. It''s not the end of the world because in the end at least we still have our health, spouses, children, and friends to be thankful for. Life may change a bit but if we dwell on the bad things that befall us always, then i suggest a quiet room, a bottle of jack, some prozac, and a gun.

still undecided on how to vote, and will probably vote on it as soon as I calm down and clear my head, and I hope most of you will do the same thing.

You just don''t get it. Look at the industry. The airlines are crying to the government for help. they are lobbying the Congress to take away the right to strike. They are asking the bankruptcy Judge (ala UAL) to abbrogate all labor agreements. How much are you willing to have shoved up your wazoo until you realize you have some self respect. The airlines have seized this opportunity to essentially break the unions. And you yes voters are holding the door open for them,!

The F/A group have really amazed me. you were the one union who had the BALLS to tell Crandall to ef himself when you went on strike, You had more balls than the TWU and APA put together. And now in your ranks you have pacifist members who are willing to buy into this crap! I expect the TWU leadership to fold but not the Flight Attendants Group. This is indeed a dark day at AA.

----------------
On 4/3/2003 10:07:28 AM Hopeful wrote:

You just don''t get it. Look at the industry. The airlines are crying to the government for help. they are lobbying the Congress to take away the right to strike. They are asking the bankruptcy Judge (ala UAL) to abbrogate all labor agreements. How much are you willing to have shoved up your wazoo until you realize you have some self respect. The airlines have seized this opportunity to essentially break the unions. And you yes voters are holding the door open for them,!

----------------​
Having your contract ripped up in BK court is the foolish way to do it. Vote yes to safe your contract, preserve the basic quality of life. APFA see the future. We will live to fight another day. We bide our time and see what compensation DC and the rest get through the length of our new agreement. Then we bargain hard for parity or an equal share. If it means the three groups align and fight AA head on we do it. If you guys dont have the balls or the stomach for it. This group of flight attendants will get there fair share in the end. BK is the loser choice. APFA will live and fight for better another day.

SO let the airlines lobby, we can do the same. In the end we represent more real votes to congress than the companies and managers. If need be we can put forth as much money. Stop complaining and make the tough choice and fight and negotiate for your just rewards, next round.

Use this opportunity to align yourselves with AMFA or your own independent mechanics union. Make the best of what we have here and now. Then take it back when the company is back on its feet.

Hopeful, a couple of points. APA stuck AA. Clinton sent us back to work. APA staged a sick out. I agree, the TWU is ball-less. I can only hope that Little and company can save you from yourselves.

On the industry, what are you looking at? I''m seeing Southwest continuing to grow. I''m seeing Southwest entering the transcon arena with success. I''m seeing LCC market share continuing its growth, and not reteating in good times. I''m seeing a general population that now has an appetite for LOW fares. AA is losing money. They are not.