757 Crew Rest

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 777 and 767 have large areas next to 4L/R. I guess IMA does it differently than JFK, IDF, and IOR because I've never seen the carts parked next to the 4L/R doors for the entire flight on the 767 or 777. I've also never seen filled garbage bags blocking the way because the galleys I work with are good at garbage control and put them away. I guess your idea of space is different than other people's because the 777 door area is bigger than a lot of studio apartments in Manhattan.

My point is that there is somewhere for them to go on a 777 and 767 whereas on the 757 there is only the aisle.

Well I took a poll in another forum to see what people think about the 757 going to Europe and this is quoted from a trip report on Airliners.Net. Also anyone who has flown them on the DFW-MCO turn or DFW-JFK has also had the same reaction. So I guess you skymess and your buddie are in a miniority. Our 767's and 777's at CO, have generous leg room and less seats then most and there is no room to run around and stretch without being intrusive.

"Not only was it a 757, which AA doesn't send to PHX currently, it was the only one with the new subfleet configuration, ship 5ET. Right now it does a daily Florida turn from DFW and the DFW JFK turn. It has 16 lie-flat seats up front with personal video players. The normal 757s have 22 domestic first seats and TV's overhead. This 757 has new seats throughout. One friend has flown on it and said the coach seats have thick cushioning and are comfortable. Plus there's more legroom."

However, there is only 1 or 2 reconfigured a/c right now (more are in the works), and it has not yet been used on a TA flight--just domestic. Spending 3-4 hours on a 75 is one thing. Spending 7-8 hours is quite another. We'll see what the reaction is once it is used TA.

Everyone seems to like them on the domestic flights, but I think it's more the novelty of the configuration than the comfort or the working conditions so far. I know one SLT crew that has worked it on a single leg. The #1 and #3 REALLY liked it, but then they had 6 fewer passengers in F/C than normal. And, those kept playing with the lie flat seats most of the trip; so, they didn't ring their call buttons. :lol:

The #1 and #3 REALLY liked it
Speaking of #3, what are the duties on the new configuration? Is #3 really expected to assist in FC and then pick up a bag or two in coach? It seems to me much more efficient (and fair as far as workload is concerned) to have #3 work a beverage cart front to back and converge with the #2 and #4, then go back up front to assist the #1, who should just about be into the meal service by that time. Same with the new 737.

MK

Speaking of #3, what are the duties on the new configuration? Is #3 really expected to assist in FC and then pick up a bag or two in coach? It seems to me much more efficient (and fair as far as workload is concerned) to have #3 work a beverage cart front to back and converge with the #2 and #4, then go back up front to assist the #1, who should just about be into the meal service by that time. Same with the new 737.

MK
I think it will be staffed with 6 F/As so 1 and 3 up front and 2,4,5 and 6 in the back. Or 3 will remain in F/C if the load is 8 or more...

Status
Not open for further replies.