Which 757-ETOPS was I just on?

ok, once again the 757's will be redone for next summer. i was now informed that new overhead bins will not be installed . it was yes before now it's a no. go figure ^_^

Didn't all of the ex-EA birds originally come with the lav set-up similar to the ex-ATA configuration. I seem to remember a row or 2 of coach on the left side only in front of 2L for about a year when they first arrived.
Yes, and the WEST EA's (913, 914, 915) are very old Easterns. West did not change anything about them except maybe the upholstery on the seats. Same EA galleys too.

ok, once again the 757's will be redone for next summer. i was now informed that new overhead bins will not be installed . it was yes before now it's a no. go figure ^_^

What will be redone to them? 16 Envoy seats instead of 12 so that all of Envoy is in front of the boarding door and there is no awkward row 4? Please oh please! Any details?!

ENTER DEBBIE DOWNER....
Anyone that is seriously anticipating the revamp of the ETOPS 757's are in for a let down. Do you seriously THINK they are going to tear those galleys completely OUT and refit them with new ones? HUH.....NEVER HAPPEN. They will re laminate them and add the new counter in the back to house the airbus type carts. THAT will be about it besides the extra galley extension by the 4R door. If they make that new section house full size carts they will fit that there HOW without taking more than 1row? The seating is the exact same on original US birds to the ATA birds in the C zone minus the three seats where the galley extension is. NEVER HAPPEN. This I guarantee will be a jackass attempt to remedy a horrid situation. Tempe surely didn't have an epiphany overnight and decided to realize passenger/flight attendant comforts.

They will be removing one row when they add that galley at 4R. Apparently Dining and Cabin had quite a time convincing the company to do so, but they finally agreed.

What I was saying though is the C zone on the 757's from ATA and our original 757's being converted are the same seating except for the last row where the ATA planes have the galley by the 4R door. They are saying that the NEW galley extension on the original 757's will be able to house full size carts side by side. Just don't see how without taking two rows. If the galley unit isn't capable on the ATA planes how could it be on the US planes? Just don't see it happening. That being said, I had mentioned earlier why they don't use that horrible row 4,ABC for carts side by side and a counter with some ATLAS carriers above. It could be a dry galley to house 4 carts such as a trash cart, beverage/support cart,water and juice cart and a duty free cart. A nice area on both ends of the coach cabin to work from possibly instead of all of us falling over each other in back.

ENTER DEBBIE DOWNER....
Anyone that is seriously anticipating the revamp of the ETOPS 757's are in for a let down. Do you seriously THINK they are going to tear those galleys completely OUT and refit them with new ones? HUH.....NEVER HAPPEN. They will re laminate them and add the new counter in the back to house the airbus type carts. THAT will be about it besides the extra galley extension by the 4R door. If they make that new section house full size carts they will fit that there HOW without taking more than 1row? The seating is the exact same on original US birds to the ATA birds in the C zone minus the three seats where the galley extension is. NEVER HAPPEN. This I guarantee will be a jackass attempt to remedy a horrid situation. Tempe surely didn't have an epiphany overnight and decided to realize passenger/flight attendant comforts.
travelpro. this is excactly what they will be doing. they will take out the old galleys and put a new one ovens and all. the board already approved it. and yes as surprisingly as it may seem dining and cabin convinced management to take out a row of seats to put a full size galley by the 4Rdoor. the only thing they will not install is chillers. i know it's hard to fathm but they are doing this. from whati understand the usair birds will have the same rear galleys the ata birds do.

Ok well hopefully they do it. Now again, if they are installing a full sized galley to house full size carts by the 4Rdoor they will have to take out the last row and then some. The last row a/c right on the ata birds has the unit in place of three seats. All I'm saying is you can't park full size carts fwd to aft in that area. The little galley unit on the ata planes goes right up to the second to last row of seats def a/c right correct?

Ok well hopefully they do it. Now again, if they are installing a full sized galley to house full size carts by the 4Rdoor they will have to take out the last row and then some. The last row a/c right on the ata birds has the unit in place of three seats. All I'm saying is you can't park full size carts fwd to aft in that area. The little galley unit on the ata planes goes right up to the second to last row of seats def a/c right correct?
you are correct they will remove 1 row of seats on the ata birds and 2 on the usair birds . surprisingly enough .

Well Etops I have to say I'm stunned. REMOVING seats from revenue? Well, oh forget it I'm speechless. :lol: Thanks for the info.