Who handles ramp in CLT for Express

EN now requires all full time employees to work a minimum of 32 hrs a week or they drop you from their medical insurance. So that means you can only lose one shift on a swap per week. Part-time employees are sometimes scheduled for 7.0 hours a day. Will that mean also part-time employees will have to work a minimum number per week to keep medical bennies?

Could be an attitude problem. Or maybe you lacked influence.

Have you considered joining Shannon's cult?

Not an attitude problem, perhaps your the one with the problem. As far as lacking influence, what does that really have to do with anything concering FMLA laws and the way EN thinks they can trample all over them? Seriously, I am not sure what your deal is but chill.

. I have heard everything from different hours from day to day, as well as hiring and upgrading people without reguard to seniority. :

And seniority should not be considered when upgrading a person to another position. I have seen way to many people in positions that they are not qualified to be in and when I asked about it the response I got was welcome to the east thats how things are done out here since they are union. They got the position because of their seniority.

And that is just one of the reasons that I believe unions are not good.

EN now requires all full time employees to work a minimum of 32 hrs a week or they drop you from their medical insurance. So that means you can only lose one shift on a swap per week. Part-time employees are sometimes scheduled for 7.0 hours a day. Will that mean also part-time employees will have to work a minimum number per week to keep medical bennies?

What's the MINIMUM hours required to work for flying benefits???

Not an attitude problem, perhaps your the one with the problem. As far as lacking influence, what does that really have to do with anything concering FMLA laws and the way EN thinks they can trample all over them? Seriously, I am not sure what your deal is but chill.

Dude:

Not sure why you had problems with EN. If you are willing to follow the appropriate directions and be tenacious enough to talk to the right people, EN management can be very accommodating. As a matter of fact, when I worked for them in PHL several years ago, they went out of their way to help me when a payroll error occurred. The station manager dipped into petty cash to front me 1 week of pay when I was shorted due to an error by MDT. Of course, I had to do a lot of leg work, and I had to follow through.

Dude:

Not sure why you had problems with EN.
If you work in a small or medium station and you get “EXPRESSEDâ€￾ it is your worst nightmare. I know I know you’re lucky to have a job martyr. This is what makes corporate America run and doesn’t apply to the talent senior executives they can find high paying good jobs anywhere. RIGHT!

you get flying benes the day you start. it is true that the health benes suck as does they way EN treats their employees. For instantances you have to work 36 hrs to be full time and if you go below it in a quarter then you will be dropped to part time with their even worse benes. the BLUE BOOK is also known as MGMT DISCREATION. MGMT does whatever they want without regard to seniority. At M/L Seniority is a good thing to have. I can honestly say I am very happy to be back at ML and in a union no matter how bad or how good a union is, it is just great knowing I have that protection

Dude:

Not sure why you had problems with EN. If you are willing to follow the appropriate directions and be tenacious enough to talk to the right people, EN management can be very accommodating. As a matter of fact, when I worked for them in PHL several years ago, they went out of their way to help me when a payroll error occurred. The station manager dipped into petty cash to front me 1 week of pay when I was shorted due to an error by MDT. Of course, I had to do a lot of leg work, and I had to follow through.

After, I called HR in SBY, the problem was solved. Not saying that all of management at EN are idiots but the ones in CLT that I dealt with were. They though I was lying to them about the issue at hand.

I didnt get nor will I get the 50 buck bonus payout for OCT which was paid out in DEC. I had called EN HR numerous times and finally talked to a mgmt personel and she told me that I wont get it due to EN guidelines are that I would have to stayed with them thru DEC to receive the payout for Oct even though I was employed by them in OCT :angry: So to a degree they will work with you but it depends on who is there and so on

If you are willing to follow the appropriate directions and be tenacious enough to talk to the right people...I had to do a lot of leg work, and I had to follow through.

This is going to instantly veer off topic because I'm going to make a commentary about people in general, not just US or EN.

Nobody in this country wants to have the tenacity to get anything done. And nobody wants to do any leg work. All they want to do is sit on their respective sofas, clickers firmly in hand, and have stuff spoon fed to them without any effort whatsoever. It, unfortunately, is the new "American Way."

Latest posts