Who wants a merger with AA?

Do US employees want to merge with American Airlines?

• Yes

Votes: 82 66.1%
  • No

Votes: 40 32.3%
  • I'd consider a merger if it did not involve American Airlines.

Votes: 2 1.6%

• Total voters
Ya, almost 4400+s - really bad. <_<

The only ones that think I have a "bad reputation" are the easties. Seems they hate it when facts are thrown at them.
Wasnt talking about you, geez, its not all about you.

It was about joshie.

Or I can just reference one of your posts.

"And I am not AA, I have much more experience in this airline game than you seem to have, and have gained a lot of insight over my decades. I hope as many AA and US jobs can be saved as possible. Unlike a US pilot, I take no joy in another's misery or loss of job."

And you're not US.

So which side do you work for?
The almighty pilot is wrong, I bet :p

Ya, almost 4400+s - really bad. <_<

The only ones that think I have a "bad reputation" are the easties. Seems they hate it when facts are thrown at them.
Keep blowin' your + horn, Horatio! The only facts you throw are the ones that pollute your west fence :p

Apologies.

Adding "Joshie" to your post now clarifies it.
Hey, blind mouse, I even saw it in post #25. He had to add it because Westies only see what they want. That's why you're wrong 99.999999% of the time.

Prove all us easties wrong, PompoUS Pilot. Judge yourself because your West BS on US is shining for all to see...whether we work for the airlines or not :p

And EMOTICONS are not punctuations :p

But they sure stand out!

Beep-beep ya @$$!

You are right, there should be a combined thread to discuss AA/US jointly. The flight attendants have started a discussion group on FB yesterday called AA/USAir and the membership has reached almost 9000 within 24 hours! Lots to to about.

https://www.facebook.com/messages/1294476158#!/groups/323721051027355/324598637606263/?notif_t=group_activity

There's one for Pax Svc employees on Facebook as well:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/390102764362817/

There's one for Pax Svc employees on Facebook as well:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/390102764362817/
Problem is that it is closed, you need to have someone on there invite you in.
AA Logo.jpg

Your union going to negotiate that ?
SA10
SA11
SA12

First off, I am an AA f/a who supports a merger with US Airways. I figure if we merge and DP is unable to deliver on his agreement with APFA, we may get screwed. If we support AMR management, we are guaranteed to be screwed.

Note about non-rev travel. I believe that at US Airways, when there are more non-revs than seats available on a flight, boarding passes are issued based on company seniority. Correct?

Not so at AA. Issuance of boarding passes is strictly first come-first served by listing priority (D1 vs D2) based upon check-in time. As an employee with 5+ years, I get unlimited D2 travel, space available. I also get 4 D1 passes per year which are a higher priority. However, if I list as a D1, and there is no space available, I get a jumpseat (assuming one available), but I still burn one of my D1s. The jumpseat privilege goes away when I retire.

People commuting to work on a D1 or D2 do NOT get preference over D1/D2 retirees or active employee leisure travelers who checked in ahead of them; so, it behooves the commuter to be sitting at their computer 24 hours prior to departure at the second that check-in is allowed. (I have heard, but can not confirm, that pilots commuting to work can call their crew scheduling and get listed as an A1D--pos space employee traveling on company business. Even revenue passengers must be bumped to accomodate an A1.)

One exception is non-rev through passengers, and this does not mean on a through flight. A non-rev D1T goes above originating D1s and D2T goes above any D2s on the standby list. Say someone is non-revving BNA-DFW-LAX, the company does not want non-revs stuck in an intermediate station; so, that person goes on the standby list for the LAX flight before the originating D2s.

I don't know if non-rev travel is covered in your contracts, but it is not at AA--as far as issues such as, commuters go ahead of leisure travelers, etc. At AA, non-rev travel is considered a company benefit controlled strictly by the company. The only contractual issues covered are the flight attendants (via the union) control the available jumpseats on the a/c. Currently, only AA and AE flight attendants are allowed to occupy a cabin jumpseat.

Also, if you are a commuter, and you have allowed yourself 3 flights that would get you to base in time for sign-in--i.e., sign-in at 12 noon. it is a one hour flight to base. There is a flight from your home station to base every hour on the hour starting at 8am. If you list for the 8am flight (the 11am will not get you to base in time to get off the a/c and get signed-in), and it, the 9am and the 10am are delayed or cancelled due to mechanical/weather issues, you do not get a missed trip or a late sign-in (if you should make it onto the 11am and you notify crew scheduling). Note: the flights being oversold does not excuse you from missing the trip. The company's philosophy is "you choose to live somewhere other than your base. It is your responsibility to get to base in time for sign-in even if that means commuting in the day before."

Just another item that will need to be worked out.

Back