Votes: 0 0.0%
  • AirTran Airways

• Hawaiian Air

• Chalk's Ocean Airways

• Total voters
How about if we do an un-merge with HP and start over with another carrier.

What a truly beautifull thought...sigh :lol: Hmmm..there really hasn't been much "merged" as of yet. All we'd need do is kick SHARES to the curb, and find a "proper marriage". Heavy Sigh at such a wonderfull fantasy :up:

Ok, are you talking about BASES or HUBS? It seems like alot of folks on here don't get the difference. Bases can be anywhere, but as far as hubs and focus cities:

DCA, LGA, BOS ops, the preferred Shuttle, all very valuable as seen time and time again. Keep in mind US shuttered BWI so Washington antitrust concerns may not be as big. The New York and Boston ops complement any other carriers presence in those cities (except Delta).

PIT- toast, regardless. Only a matter of time.

PHX- depends on the merger, probably reasonably safe. Might be in a fairly reduced state in certain pair-ups.

PHL- Safe as either major hub, or focus city/gateway dependent on merger. Again, could be significantly reduced in some link-ups.

CLT- Unless Delta, safe. Only other southeast hub, fills hole in most carriers networks.

LAS- Probably smaller focus city.

US and HP would remain most intact in a merger with NW. PIT and MEM would be sacrificed. With UA some of the US network would be trimmed, some would probably have more emphasis (CLT).

"Base closures"? We're talking about MAJOR capacity reductions, which I actually agree with Chug Parker that the industry needs. Entire hub operations and thier support will be dismantled, major furloughs in all areas, maintenance, training, res centers, headquarters, administration facilities closed. Express carriers discontinued in favor of larger aircraft, less flights. Huge fleets parked.

The next round of consolidation will be the real deal- the equivalent of, or at least the effect of one or two of the current majors shutting down. We're talking major industry reshaping, not hokey-poke America West hooking up with an already gutted, emaciated version of US Airways. The key word is consolidation.

:shock: :lol:

Pull a "Runaway Bride"!

runaway28.jpg

tdy_couric_wilbanks_050617.jpg

"It wasn't until we moved in together that I realized how classless and cheap he was! I thought, am I this desperate? I can't go through with this!"

I just hope we don't merge with those kiddiegarteners in Tempe.

Those snotnose bastards can't even drive yet. The cops pull them over every time.

Its a close race! :p

united_wade.jpg

prop37.jpg

Love the amphibian. I'm good for that (throws in a month's supply of Jimmy Buffett songs :lol:

2clippedwings said:
"So we call a "do-over"?

I can go for that."

Good Lead..."Two's in!!" :up:

Seriously, you can put me in the lower deck galley of a widebody, or have me crouched in the back of a water prop with a liter of Coke and a bag of pretzels, long as you pay me human being wages and give me a god damm schedule. I'm tired of this ####... merge away.

Seriously, you can put me in the lower deck galley of a widebody, or have me crouched in the back of a water prop with a liter of Coke and a bag of pretzels, long as you pay me human being wages and give me a god damm schedule. I'm tired of this ####... merge away.

Roger All Milady :lol:

I say we vote for the amphib and the Jimmy Buffett approach...ANYTHING that allows for enjoyable flight in any form, would likely be better than this toxic waste dump :up:

What a truly beautifull thought...sigh :lol: Hmmm..there really hasn't been much "merged" as of yet. All we'd need do is kick SHARES to the curb, and find a "proper marriage". Heavy Sigh at such a wonderfull fantasy :up:

Another ex-PSAer bites the dust and succumbs to the average Joe USAir pilots all-about me persona. Looks like you let them succeed in "wiping the smile off your face" Sad. You let them beat you.