Who's gonna pay?

Geo, just wanted to tell you what a wonderful post that was, made me feel better and i'm not being layed off yet, as far as i know....but i worry about it many times.............I am not sure what department n56 works in, but if it is customer service, not sure of your situation, but company isn't telling to many people but sju has very junior full time agents and they have received notice they could be bumped......the company is allowing agents who do not speak spanish to transfer down there now.......there are parts of the island that you can find homes that cost in the area the same as state size....they have all of the stores sams, walmart and ect ect just like state side.....also since their local laws supersede (sic) state laws, you receive double time for any overtime you work....also every year you receive a Christmas bonus no matter if the company doesn't make any money,,,,i think they have to give you two hundred dollars.....there are parts of the island that is out of this world to see.....so maybe some folks out there, might give it a thought.....also no night shifts for full timers.....very junior station, so you probably would pull a good shift......hope this might help some folks out there....

MIGHT NOT BE ABLE TO GO INTO WORK MONDAY.HURT MY ARM WHEN I FELL OFF MY COMPUTER CHAIR AFTER READING HOW OUR BANKRUPT AIRLINE IS SITTING ON 1.33 BILL-YOUNZ OF DOLLARS RESTRICTED AND UNRESTRICTED.DUH?

MIGHT NOT BE ABLE TO GO INTO WORK MONDAY.HURT MY ARM WHEN I FELL OFF MY COMPUTER CHAIR AFTER READING HOW OUR BANKRUPT AIRLINE IS SITTING ON 1.33 BILL-YOUNZ OF DOLLARS RESTRICTED AND UNRESTRICTED.DUH?

hopethingswillbeOK: No, my response was to DELLDUDE (still not sure if that was humor on his/her part or not?).

The simple statement that US Airways has 100's of millions in its pockets does not address the fact that the HUGE majority of that money is already spoken for (aircraft leases, pension payments, payroll, etc.).

News Flash: Any attempt to summarize the plight of 1,000's of airline employees with trite, non-specific statements will be (and has already has been) ignored.

Geo was your last post, a reply to my post......i was very happy to read the nice post that you had posted......also maybe not for everyone but they could try and keep their job, like many of us who has so much time invested, that sometimes you have to move to another location.....the post about sju is very true, the weather doesn't suck, and if the company makes a turn around like we all Pray it will, it wouldn't be that bad of a place......to hang out for a couple of years......

Geo Thanks for the reply, I think a few of these people that post, build model airplanes, in a very small room and sniff the glue to much.....

N513AU,

From a fellow tail number, my prayers are with you. As AOG-N-IT stated, I am about in the same boat. The crooks calling themselves the IAM accreded our department into the union without us having a choice, then ramrodded a contract down our throats that lumped us in with maintenance planners, which we are most definitely not. As a result, I should find out this week I am getting bumped to furlough. I was hired as MSP, and that is what I wanted. I wanted my job based on my performance, which I am sure is much like yours, PRETTY DARN GOOD!!! I too have always gone the extra mile, worked OT whenever coverage was needed, and did everything humanly possible to support our fleet logistically to keep revenues up and costs down. Instead someone else is going to come into my job with little or no experience doind this. I hope those M-F 9-5 types that bump me out enjoy working 3rd shift weekends and holidays. I just feel sorry for our passengers who are not going to get the same quality when there is just a warm body in here.

Take my advice on this, do what I am doing and be proactive in finding something. While I most definitely feel angry and betrayed, I will not let that deter me from finding something new. Who knows, this could be the best thing that ever happens to me. I have already gotten the ball rolling on finding something, and believe me, there is work out there, it just goes to those who hunt it down instead of letting fall into their laps. Just think, if we go to war with Iraq, and oil prices spike higher, and people really stop flying, you may be better to have gotten something in the job market before an additional 30,000 hit the street.

This has been a good thread with a number of humanistic posts.

There is no doubt this whole situation sucks big time.

N513AU, even though you and I have sparred on these boards, I wish you the best and it's my sincere hope we can rebuild this ship and US can offer meaningful employment to you and our other furloughed colleagues in the not-so-distant future.

Chip

[P]I haven't posted half as much as I used to on this page but feel I should do so now. It has bothered me since retiring that the federal government is doing nothing for the employees who are losing their jobs and everything for the airline itself. I was basically ready to retire and come home to Reno, but would have stuck it out for a little while longer had the situation been different. I took my 401k out because I saw it fading fast, and needed money to pay bills and get home. I am now making $12.00 per hour and it's okay but when I see how much the agency is making in fees and commissions it is making me go it alone and work from home. That is in the near future but that is to be my decision. [/P]
[P]What I think should have been done is the federal government give those of us who have lost our jobs in the airline industry a tax break at the very least. Don't give us a penalty for taking out our 401k's that were going faster than we cared to imagine. Give us back our pensions as were promised us when we hired on and then help bail out the airlines. Yes, there are jobs out here but not near enough to support all of us.[/P]
[P]We had great luck in writing our Senators and Representatives in the past why not now? We should all be asking for a tax break for this year.[/P]
[P] [/P]
15.gif']