East and West pilots flying together

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry you wrong again, my job was not farmed out, I was a stock clerk, and utility wasnt farmed out overnight.

How can you be wrong once again?

In the end, the flight did end up cancelling and stranding 150 pax because a replacement crew could not be utilised because of east crews not being able to fly west metal
I had one friend who flew an empty 321 from Clt to Phx, and he said there was one other doing the same, if not that day at least within a day or two. I'm guessing that wouldn't have happened with a combined workforce.

I personally think we could fly together under normal operations just fine. Any outliers would be dealt with appropriately, and the rest would make it work. Face it, no one wants to hurt anyone, bend an airplane, or be in any trouble.

Reactions: 3 people
So the bottom line is Parker has still not completed the merger he started in 2005. He is incapable of merging again. Unbelievable this is held up as a great thing, when it is a testimony to the un merge. Good job by individuals. Extremely telling of the larger situation. Parker cannot be allowed to buy AA.
I disagree. Seniority issues have nothing to do with management. But you guys know that already. Not taking sides East or West.

Reactions: 2 people
700, you are a UNION BOY, you know WHY this union was created !
Apparently he is attempting to be know as "used to be" a union boy... he seems to be buying the company line that nary a single contract item can be negotiated without the seniority dispute being first completely resolved.

Ha! Just think Doug cannot even negotiate a tiny, teeny little MOU that permits for emergency substitutions in order to alleviate stranded aircraft in circumstances such as this.... after all Doug can't negotiate jacksqwat until (let's all say it together) the seniority dispute is resolved....

Never mind that he negotiated three contract term sheets with unions at another freaking company. :lol:

Doug finds a way to insert himself into all kinds of places he probably doesn't really belong in order to negotiate when he wants to, and finds any excuse not to when he should.

Reactions: 1 person
So the bottom line is Parker has still not completed the merger he started in 2005. He is incapable of merging again. Unbelievable this is held up as a great thing, when it is a testimony to the un merge. Good job by individuals. Extremely telling of the larger situation. Parker cannot be allowed to buy AA.

Not Parker's fault that the easties had to form a sham union to get out of their agreements they signed. All Parker did is return your corpse of an airline back to profitablity...damn him!

You'd be selling 2x4's at Home Depot if US wasn't acquired by AWA.

I disagree. Seniority issues have nothing to do with management. But you guys know that already. Not taking sides East or West.
Personally I think that the internal union dispute about seniority is a skinny tree for Parker and his crowds of experts to hide behind.

If management wanted a contract (or was competent) they would have one with the FAs, who have no seniority dispute.

And besides that we now have on record all of one canceled flight due to inability to merger the two pilot groups... not too much of a failure I'd say.

Not Parker's fault.....

I think we're done right there. Nothing whatsoever is EVER the fault of management, at least to "some". Spin the truly brilliant success shown by having, 7 years later, no merged crews and planes available for normal or even irregular operations....? I've some doubt that a great many people would find that truly indicative of brilliant management....but then, there's always your sort to come to the rescue there. ;)

"You'd be selling 2x4's at Home Depot if US wasn't acquired by AWA. " Hardly, but in any case; that would be a fate far superior to being cursed with the intelligence of said 2x4's methinks ;)

No matter. Have another quart or twelve of the Kompany Koolaide ;)

Funny dispatch, the ramp, csa and m&r have all negotiated post-merger CBAs.

And Fleet and M&R are in section 6 negotiations

Not Parker's fault that the easties had to form a sham union to get out of their agreements they signed. All Parker did is return your corpse of an airline back to profitablity...damn him!

You'd be selling 2x4's at Home Depot if US wasn't acquired by AWA.

And you'd be hawking the sawdust from those 2x4s if the merger weren't consummated. Child please!

How many easties have said that it's impossible for east and west pilots to share the same cockpit??? Seems that they may be wrong...as usual...

Jim
======================================
Ahh, Jim, leave it to you to throw a bump in the road....

They were referencing CRM, "crew resource management",... not familiar to you I assume, but to a crewmwmber in todays environment, a non event. suprisingly, ( at least to your generation) a crew can mobilize on a moments notice.... utilizing the same or similar procedures etc. and surmount any and all tasks.

You should be proud, after the (#### for procedures) "Im the King, Ive got it ".... you left us with....we have evolved...

And the west, as well, if not better....so, be proud and be strong, and gently fade away..... so as not to embarrasse anyone who has associated themselves with you....plz,,,,,

I hear the cruise lines are hiring.....cabin boys......

I think we're done right there. Nothing whatsoever is EVER the fault of management, at least to "some". Spin the truly brilliant success shown by having, 7 years later, no merged crews and planes available for normal or even irregular operations....? I've some doubt that a great many people would find that truly indicative of brilliant management....but then, there's always your sort to come to the rescue there. ;)

Excellent observation above...

"Ladies and gentlemen,

We are truly sorry that we had to divert this aircraft due to crew member illness.

Although we do have an extra pilot that is qualified to fly this aircraft - the one that assisted us with this landing in this city, we are sorry to inform you that the rest of your trip is cancelled, because from this point on, this pilot is not allowed (contractually) to touch the controls of this aircraft again.

Please head to the ticket counter to obtain your hotel voucher from our ground staff.

Once again we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.

Thank you for choosing US Airways"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts