Be Aware Of What's To Come..cwa And Iam Members

Robc98

Advanced
Aug 20, 2002
Keep in mind everyone, that the downsizing of mainline to express or MDA is far from over, and any cuts imposed whatsoever within the express/MDA contracts, or the seniority integration disaster that mgmt is trying to impose on MDA is a NO GO...... every agent ,who works in every city, is going to ultimately be affected by these scenarios ,should be prepared to vote AGAINST any proposal that involves any cutting or restructuring of express/MDA wages , seniority, etc.......everyone who is currently working as an express agent knows the severity of the hit we've taken and how our lives have changed immensely....sure we took this road by our own decision BUT....there are thousands more that will be forced to take this road before this is over....so Im telling everyone to stay together on this because the numbers will be changing and the majority will be express/MDA agents in due time with this airline....if we dont try and improve these 2 divisions of Usairways and move them back upward then there will be a MAJOR fallout within the ranks and believe me you had to have gone thru what we did in the last year as express to only understand what Im saying.....the mainline jobs are going to shrink away whether you like it or not,and these express/MDA contracts are what people will be living off of ....so stay focused on what they plan to do to these areas and fight to keep them where there at and down the road to improve them........keep on top of your union leaders to not bend in these areas....and your ultimate vote opportunity will give you a chance to show them that we're at rock bottom..... this is the future of this airline, being regional ,and if you lose focus on these areas of the contracts then your sure to lose big time down the road.......stay informed ......vote smart...

He!! I tried to explain this before the last vote. Thats why 3641 president said he couldn't votes yes last time, But all the hubs folks thought they were safe, who cares about the RIC, ORF, SYR's out there. :D Dave has all he needs now to distroy CWA, small, mid-size, and hubs cities....

DW,

You are correct. dave does not need further concessions from agents (although he will ask for them); he got them the last -go around.

U has unlimited ability to spread express wages across the system.

The hubs were foolish enough to think they were throwing the small cities overboard to save themselves.

I pointed out then, who's going to work express in the hubs? How many mainline employees are in E-con in CLT?

Now let's look forward.

Concessions will be asked of agents. Assume a paycut down to $15. Who's that going to affect? THERE AREN'T ENOUGH MAINLINE AGENTS IN CLASS II STATIONS TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE! (and for the few that are left, the axe is on the backswing) Any paycut is targeting class I stations.

Another thought. Why would a class II vote for a paycut - one is coming in the form of express. If a class II agent wants to chase this job to a hub, all he's doing is voting for a paycut when he gets there.

Paycuts also reduce severance (yes, I'm aware the palace gnomes are dreaming up ways to screw agents out of that) and unemployment benefits.

Perhaps a 'no' vote is not as irrational as some would have you believe.

Why pour money down a rathole?

i am a no vote on this just like the last ones as far as im concerned i have given enough when will they tak a real paycut say down to 13.01 an hr

I agree, that CWA members have given all they can give. The contract as now agreed to, gives the company built in paycuts everytime a city becomes Mainline/express. Our vacations are paid at only 75%. I think that every CWA member wants the airline to survive, buut i think our major contribution at that survival was given last time. It seems evident to me that Daves goal for CWA is to deplete our numbers to such an extent, that it won't matter how our wage/benefit package is structured. My last thought would be to tell management that CWA will not open up our contract, until the company has implemented an early out program for our members.. CWA has already proposed one that is cost neutral to the company..

There will be further pay and productivity give backs across the board. Well either vote for them if given the opportunity, or they will be taking again in BK. Its plain and simple.

usfliboi said:
There will be further pay and productivity give backs across the board. Well either vote for them if given the opportunity, or they will be taking again in BK. Its plain and simple.
Whatever you say,,,,, ;)

It may be plain to you....but not simple at all.....unless your wages are 13.01 hr right now you don't have a clue.....and Im willing to take the chance in BK court....which I dont see the company doing again anyway.......just my opinion.....

usfliboi said:
you are correct...its that simple..... and of course it out of my control..yours too for that matter... What the Dave's do I cannot contol,,, I control my vote only, and as CWA member... i can state with a firm conviction...I will vote a big fat NO if anything is presented to me with a paycut... Once again it will be a NO...\

The concession stand is closed....

BY the way I guess I should mention that I do have 19yrs with this company and I do know what the severity will be if Siegal does not get his way.... but so be it....Let the chips fall where they fall, and you sir can go mind your own vote and stop telling people what how they should vote....

Have a great day

yeah pennies pennies...... I have as much time as you my friend and unless your college educated, your headed where this country is headed as far as paying hired help. Leave in disgust and yell on the way out to your new executive job making double what u make. Heck they may pay your moving expenses.

usflyman said:
I agree, that CWA members have given all they can give. The contract as now agreed to, gives the company built in paycuts everytime a city becomes Mainline/express. Our vacations are paid at only 75%. I think that every CWA member wants the airline to survive, buut i think our major contribution at that survival was given last time. It seems evident to me that Daves goal for CWA is to deplete our numbers to such an extent, that it won't matter how our wage/benefit package is structured. My last thought would be to tell management that CWA will not open up our contract, until the company has implemented an early out program for our members.. CWA has already proposed one that is cost neutral to the company..
When will it be understood that management is NOT going to offer EARLY OUTS when they are about to go under!!!!!!!! WAKE-UP and smell the jet fuel!!

It may be true that the company will not offer an early out program for CWA members, but i would suggest that by doing so, it would cut the companies costs, allowing the senior people to leave... and keeping a more junior workforce. CWA has proposed an early out program that is almost identical to the one the company has accepted for the F/A's. It has been suggested by Dave that their would be furloughs in every department, this early out program is cost neutral for the company(as required by the company), and again would allow the company to lower labor costs in a more humane way... Just my thoughts, but as i stated before.. we as CWA members have given already... no more

usflyman said:
CWA will not open up our contract, until the company has implemented an early out program for our members.. CWA has already proposed one that is cost neutral to the company..
OK....so what are the details of this proposal? Could the CWA be kind enough to

fill us all in on the specifics of any proposal? Or, does my $43.00 a month in dues

not cover this option. Maybe if I were a Gold Preferred union member I might be

privvy to this info. Personally I don't think that the union has even talked to the

company about this. Why would they? Do you think the union wants to get rid of

the dues from a top salaried agent in exchange for the dues of a new hire? Just

follow the money amigos, just follow the money........ :angry:

your headed where this country is headed as far as paying hired help
Than it appears that you and I headed in the same direction as the rest of the country... that is of course you are actually one of the "hired help" :shock:

There have been no negotiations with CWA over this....we're waiting for them to contact us about a meeting.....But in Dave's video he said EVERYONE will participate in cost cuts....well we're not everyone at express...we've become 3rd class citezins making under 30,000 yr.....the same group that Seigel was not going to touch during last go around.....