I.A.M VS I.B.T

Well yes but it is better to have someone that has work the a/c than a person that last week was handing out rags or cleaning out seat backs.
but by your own favorite unions own admissions....they like non licensed stooges on the payroll...but at U its a no go?
some of our finest non licensed mechanics :lol: are on layoff....
where they belong?.....work aviation :lol:

wheres your green card jose?

but by your own favorite unions own admissions....they like non licensed stooges on the payroll...but at U its a no go?
some of our finest non licensed mechanics :lol: are on layoff....
where they belong?.....work aviation :lol:

wheres your green card jose?
not my union. Are u talking utility?

..the FAA screwed with this mech...but in the long run it was some tech screw who made the mistake... ;)
The mech signed the paper work as correct and complete. Ultimately it is his responsibility. You could have 50 mechs with licenses write the cards, but the one who is responsible is the one that puts their signature on it when the work is done. :)

what a squirreled away waste of talent...must be where the "too scared to sign " crowd resides.... :lol:

You can't have it both ways Dell. "Squirreled away waste of talent"? Writing maintenance technical data is serious business. Just ask the mechanic that installed the wrong part, or installed the right part the wrong way, or didn't perform a step in a task card because it wasn't there. I thought you had personal experience in this area? Technical Writers of Aircraft Maintenance Manuals and Task Cards must be aviation professionals who understand the impact of their actions and understand aircraft maintenance. Some airlines allow their engineering department to author technical data changes. Engineers who have no aircraft experience or experience with aircraft maintenance manuals. This is a path I hope we never go down. Nothing against engineers...they just often don't understand the maintenance mentality of how to get the information or language in a format that ensures the tech will have the information needed to exercise his/her job skills/knowledge to get the job done right.

A good example is the word "Replaces". In the Boeing world when part B "Replaces" part A both part B and part A are two-way interchangeable. In Airbus when part B "Replaces" part A, they are not two-way interchangeable. Part A is "one-way" forward interchangeable with part B. Meaning part B can replace part A, but part A can not replace part B with one expection. Part A may replace part B on aircraft delivered with part A. This may or may not have additional conditions before A can replace B. You wouldn't think that a simple word like "Replaces" would have such deep ramifications. There are others, but I've rambled on long enough.

Oh and by the way I believe almost all of our west tech-writers turned in cards. ;)

but the one who wrote the card srewed up...... :lol:

Yea....I know. The Feds have more control over an AMT with a license than a "tech writer" with or without a license. The degree or "scewing with" will depend on who the FAA inspector is also. They will put the fear of God into the AMT for a while. :)

Dell you don't have a clue the few unlicensed folks are some of the finest techs I have had the privilage of working with, just just did not have the means to attend the schools. Our progam also allows for the training of new A&P schools grads to move up to the floor. That way when they become a A&P techs they have some experience.

Oh and Eric don't let him get under your skin - Leads and normally the ones that were to lazy to do the job.

but the one who wrote the card srewed up...... :lol:
And that may be the truth BUT there are procedures, on the west side for sure, that allow the tech and the supervisor and inspectors to confirm and do a pen and ink change to a task card, if need be. Then a change request is submitted to the tech writing group to get the error corrected. And of course, all substantiating documentation/proof is provided and if there are still any questions, the tech writers will pay a personal visit to the tech or supervisor for clarification. All done per the procedures that are written.
Each and every one of these people are humans and you know what humans can do, don't you?

Where is your increase in your contract?

The IAM Advantage: Wage Increases

IAM members enjoy industry-leading wages in every sector where we represent workers.

Last year, the average IAM member received a general wage increase of 3.5%. That''s well above the average wage increases bargained in the manufacturing sector in either the U.S. or Canada
More LIES by the IAM?
The IAM Advantage: Paid Time Off
Beyond the financial benefits of better pay and fringe benefits, almost all IAM contracts provide other benefits, such as paid vacations, paid holidays and extra pay for overtime.

Moreover, IAM workers enjoy significantly more paid leave time than workers without a collective bargaining agreement. For example, the number of paid holidays in small firms is just 7.6 days, in large firms, the average is 9.3 days. But under IAM contracts, the average number of paid holidays is 11.2.

Unless you work under the IAM US AIRWAYS contract?
You get 5
GET ON THE BAND WAGON AND VOTE IBT

your union brother made a mistake and you flaunt it...
Thought you protected them... Like you do 700?
the card writer wasn't unionized dude.... :blink:

so awa says all west side leads are lazy?? :lol:

Dell you don't have a clue the few unlicensed folks are some of the finest techs I have had the privilage of working with, just just did not have the means to attend the schools. Our progam also allows for the training of new A&P schools grads to move up to the floor. That way when they become a A&P techs they have some experience.

U did away with that as i believe theres a certain element of liability as they were trained on property.... ;)

your union brother made a mistake and you flaunt it...
whole bunch out east made a loo loo and everyone and their mother are flaunting it.....

stock clerks and utility
443 votes against the IBT who would throw them under the bus :eek:

I was laid off with 250 other utes in philly about this time last year(I'm now back as a mech) and all my friends that got laid off signed teamster and amfa cards. They would sign a girl scouts union card just to F__k the IAM back for what they did to them. I know it was forced upon us and the IAM had little control over it but thats just how they think. They all call me and ask when they can vote for the teamsters and I keep telling them SOON!

The mech signed the paper work as correct and complete. Ultimately it is his responsibility. You could have 50 mechs with licenses write the cards, but the one who is responsible is the one that puts their signature on it when the work is done. :)
funny....IAM flight safety has saved many a mech from fines and time off due to tech writer boo boo's in manuals and/or procedure cards.
the mech signs the cards as per the approved data,but if that data is wrong,the mech is off the hook ;)

funny....IAM flight safety has saved many a mech from fines and time off due to tech writer boo boo's in manuals and/or procedure cards.
the mech signs the cards as per the approved data,but if that data is wrong,the mech is off the hook ;)

I'm not saying the AMT gets fined or time off if the card is wrong but, the FEDS will still put him on the "hot seat" and call him to the office for a chat. Even if he follows all procedures. Again it depends on the location and what FAA office is involved. :)

Latest posts