I.A.M VS I.B.T

I'm not saying the AMT gets fined or time off if the card is wrong but, the FEDS will still put him on the "hot seat" and call him to the office for a chat. Even if he follows all procedures. Again it depends on the location and what FAA office is involved. :)
U/IAM/FAA has a program where the mech can admit his wrong doing and educate the mech force usually with little or no action against the mechanic.

of course the severity has bearing also....before someone jumps off the bridge here. :shock:

U/IAM/FAA has a program where the mech can admit his wrong doing and educate the mech force usually with little or no action against the mechanic.

of course the severity has bearing also....before someone jumps off the bridge here. :shock:

ASAP program? It is still in the "test" stages. :)

funny....IAM flight safety has saved many a mech from fines and time off due to tech writer boo boo's in manuals and/or procedure cards.
the mech signs the cards as per the approved data,but if that data is wrong,the mech is off the hook ;)

Not true, it depends on the circumstances. If the FAA feels that the error was obvious then they may still levy a fine or isssue a letter.

I know two mechs who got a letter after following the manual exeactly after a crew reported an "Engine Fail" light on a DC 10. The FAA admitted that they did follow the proceedures correctly but claimed that they should have done more than the manual said.

ASAP is an industrywide program so if you go to the IBT you will not lose it.

we are in the ASAP program too. Your are Right Bob - that is a industry program - has almost nothing to do with the unions. They have one of the three positions but it is a FAA program.

The ibt is known for raiding, in fact the IAM just beat back a raid at ATT from them.

The IAM does not raid, I don't have to provide factual proof as the only proof would be a filed with the NMB and since they don't raid, no need to file.

The IAM has over 500,000 active and retired members, a bunch of 25 renegades does not show the stupid decision they made came from the anyone else except them.

Well back in 1999 they had 729,986 members.

At this rate they will be down to 250,000 by 2010 and 0 by 2015.

The fact is the IAM is dying, their leaders dont know when to throw in the towel and merge with a better run organization-IBT?

The IBT on the other hand is just as big as it was in 1999.

700UW, why fight it? Why would you try and keep your coworkers in a union that clearly is dying, you could always run for office in the IBT.

Not true, it depends on the circumstances. If the FAA feels that the error was obvious then they may still levy a fine or isssue a letter.

I know two mechs who got a letter after following the manual exeactly after a crew reported an "Engine Fail" light on a DC 10. The FAA admitted that they did follow the proceedures correctly but claimed that they should have done more than the manual said.

ASAP is an industrywide program so if you go to the IBT you will not lose it.
you apparently missed a subsequent post on this subject.

and i don't care what anyone says...we've had a program in use for some 4 years through IAM FLIGHT SAFETY.

I was laid off with 250 other utes in philly about this time last year(I'm now back as a mech) and all my friends that got laid off signed teamster and amfa cards. They would sign a girl scouts union card just to F__k the IAM back for what they did to them. I know it was forced upon us and the IAM had little control over it but thats just how they think. They all call me and ask when they can vote for the teamsters and I keep telling them SOON!
Hopefully soon

GET OUT OF THE QUICK SAND AND VOTE IBT

Another point to ponder.............reviewing the IAM contract for wages, benefits, etc., I wonder how many people that are in the west, can actually afford to live with that contract?? I can't say for sure, but from the research I've done, the cost of living overall, is less at the east bases than it is at the west bases. Please, don't slam me too hard, but I will assume that those on the east have adjusted their lifestyle to compensate for what's been taken away by the company and the judge. I'm quite positive that it hasn't been an easy adjustment for many and quite possibly, damn near impossible for others.
So imagine, with the high cost of housing and general cost of living in the west, how those on this side would have to try and adjust, just as you have, but most likely, on a larger scale. Those on the west, non management, union and non-union, are stretched thin as it is. And as those from the east are always throwing in our faces, we are the lowest paid and the model for lesser pay throughout the industry.

Valley sees nation's biggest housing price hike
Prices jumped by more than 48 percent in the last quarter of 2005 - a new record.

Phoenix-Mesa-Scottsdale 48.9% increase

Taken from bankrate.com

Philadelphia-Camden-Wilmington, Pa. 13.7% increase.

Pittsburgh 6.2% increase

Charleston-North Charleston 10.0% increase

I guess that's why we are seeing only, so far, upper management relocate to the west. Most of the others cannot afford to or don't want. And that goes both ways. :unsure:

Latest posts