Why do the rabbis even care?

Not worried if I am wrong. I have lead a good life and that’s all that counts (that’s my faith). If that is not good enough, I’m not interested. I’ll have plenty of company where ever I end up.

I am probably as jewish light as it gets but I am pretty sure the jews do not believe in an after life.
Some do and some don't. Here are a couple of quick primers:

Judaism 101 - Olam Ha-Ba: The Afterlife:
Traditional Judaism firmly believes that death is not the end of human existence. However, because Judaism is primarily focused on life here and now rather than on the afterlife, Judaism does not have much dogma about the afterlife, and leaves a great deal of room for personal opinion. It is possible for an Orthodox Jew to believe that the souls of the righteous dead go to a place similar to the Christian heaven, or that they are reincarnated through many lifetimes, or that they simply wait until the coming of the messiah, when they will be resurrected. Likewise, Orthodox Jews can believe that the souls of the wicked are tormented by demons of their own creation, or that wicked souls are simply destroyed at death, ceasing to exist.
---------------

Do non-Jews have a place in Olam Ha-Ba? Although there are a few statements to the contrary in the Talmud, the predominant view of Judaism is that the righteous of all nations have a share in the Olam Ha-Ba.

ReligionFacts - Jewish Beliefs on the Afterlife:
General Jewish belief is that one need not be Jewish to enjoy Heaven. "Moses Maimonides, echoing the Tosefta to Sanhedrin, maintained that the pious of all the nations of the world have a portion in the world-to-come [Mishneh Torah, Repentance 3:5]."

Not only that, but since most Christians believe that Christ died for EVERYONE's sins, then Signals', Delldude's and my sins were the figurative hammer that dealt the final blow of the nails in his hands.

We killed him Delldude.

I totally agree with you on that one...yes it was ALL of humanity that proverbially crucified Christ. Not the Jews or the Romans, BUT EVERYONE!!! The Jews and Romans were just the administrators of the time. I accept full responsibility!

Really, you have the hard facts to back that statement?

I find the most delusional people I've heard of think PIT is a viable airline hub, and started the aids outbreak by having sex with monkeys.

I'm willing to bet that your parents were Catholics! I'm also willing to bet that you're an atheist/agnostic, brainiac!

Yeah, I'm wrong...so prove it!

You're wrong there. You assume that Catholics are "Mary Worshippers"...why not take an hour and go to a Catholic Mass...do a word count between "Mary" and "Jesus". You might be surprised.

Which is why I am fallen away. It doesn't mean that they weren't "Christian enough" for me.

Sorry, dude, but I went to Catholic schools for most of my life. I've been to Vatican City. I've seen your pagan worships as you believe that Mother Mary is in heaven when in actuality she is dead. Bible says that ONLY Jesus defeated DEATH. Praying Hail Marys is talking to a dead mythical religious figure.

You can count the times Jesus appears in Catholicism, but the saints and the 'VIRGIN' Mary are all dead and serve no purpose in true Christianity. I have been educated in the Catholic belief in over 20 years and find that they give ALL Christians a bad name!

You 'fell away' because religion is not your thing. Don't shoot the messanger because the TRUTH hurts!!! :shock:

veritas.

Quote:....."General Jewish Belief is that one need not be Jewish to enjoy Heaven".....................

Thank You for that Information.

Knowing that Judaism is going on 6000 years old, lends even MORE credence to the thinks they say/believe.

Staying on topic, though a little political for a moment, the LARGEST criticism/skepticism that I heard expressed about Mitt Romneys (almost) 200 year old Morman religion, came from people who believe in the.......... SECOND YOUNGEST religion around :down: :down: :down:

Hypocracy with a CAPITAL........" H " !!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats OK bears, im not ashamed to admit Im a 'JESUS' follower and Im not on here knocking anyones beliefs, just pointing out the facts as they are to me. If in the end Im wrong then I will be quite content with taking an eternal dirt nap.....no harm, no foul!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

"12",

Thats a Good + Honest Statement :up:

Sorry, dude, but I went to Catholic schools for most of my life. I've been to Vatican City. I've seen your pagan worships as you believe that Mother Mary is in heaven when in actuality she is dead. Bible says that ONLY Jesus defeated DEATH. Praying Hail Marys is talking to a dead mythical religious figure.

You can count the times Jesus appears in Catholicism, but the saints and the 'VIRGIN' Mary are all dead and serve no purpose in true Christianity. I have been educated in the Catholic belief in over 20 years and find that they give ALL Christians a bad name!

You 'fell away' because religion is not your thing. Don't shoot the messanger because the TRUTH hurts!!! :shock:
YOu still haven't pointed out what was in error in the post I made...you know - the beliefs. As for giving all Christians a bad name, I think the fundamentalists did a grand job with that. I remember a "Christian" kids show..."Gospel Bill". They had a little game where a cowboy like fellow asked the kids about the fifth commandment. A little girl raised her hand and said "honor your mother and father"...to which our Christian cowboy coot roared "NOOOO". Then he gave the question to a little boy, who by this time had a most puzzled look on his face and he meekly replied "Honor your father and mother"...To which Hop-a-long Christian said "Yes...in the bible - THE MAN IS FIRST". I have an idea that at that moment in that young girls life, she thought about becoming a Catholic - where a woman is shown love versus being a secondary player.

I fell away for a number of reasons. The faith I seem closest to right now is Unitarian - which I can bet is not "christian" enough for your tastes either.

YOu still haven't pointed out what was in error in the post I made...you know - the beliefs. As for giving all Christians a bad name, I think the fundamentalists did a grand job with that. I remember a "Christian" kids show..."Gospel Bill". They had a little game where a cowboy like fellow asked the kids about the fifth commandment. A little girl raised her hand and said "honor your mother and father"...to which our Christian cowboy coot roared "NOOOO". Then he gave the question to a little boy, who by this time had a most puzzled look on his face and he meekly replied "Honor your father and mother"...To which Hop-a-long Christian said "Yes...in the bible - THE MAN IS FIRST". I have an idea that at that moment in that young girls life, she thought about becoming a Catholic - where a woman is shown love versus being a secondary player.

I fell away for a number of reasons. The faith I seem closest to right now is Unitarian - which I can bet is not "christian" enough for your tastes either.

I never heard of Gospel Bill, he might have been a local 'personality'. I'll let you discuss the secondary player with my father and my 24/7 church going mother! In the original Cathlic-ism, the woman had to cover her head...Not The MAN...when in church. Women, as far as I remember, STILL can't become priests.

I think you were never a Catholic and have a short memory. I still remember Latin Mass and the priest with his back to you...but who cares.

You claim the closest faith(I assume for your beliefs) to your taste is Unitarian. Then you seem to want ME to pass judgement to you about this. Sorry, but it isn't my job to JUDGE...see not all Christians follow a pattern. It's your FREEWILL and you can do what you want. Right or wrong, you are ultimately the one responsible for your own fate. I don't try to reform or recruit members nor do I flock with birds of a feather.

Most people try to say Christians don't practice what they preach, unlike them I realize that I am not perfect. I am not Jesus Christ.

I think you were never a Catholic and have a short memory. I still remember Latin Mass and the priest with his back to you...but who cares.
I've only been a Catholic for 50 years. I still have a pretty good memory. I remember Latin Mass, kneeling for communion, and confession behind a curtain. I am glad to see that you aren't passing judgement on Unitarians - but you have pretty much passed judgement on Catholics. Yep...there are no women priests....but there are a lot of religions out there where the woman is subservient to the man. FWIW, I never viewed the Virgin Mary as a false idol. But without her, Jesus would never have lived life among men. I guess she plays a kind of important role in that case.

I've only been a Catholic for 50 years. I still have a pretty good memory. I remember Latin Mass, kneeling for communion, and confession behind a curtain. I am glad to see that you aren't passing judgement on Unitarians - but you have pretty much passed judgement on Catholics. Yep...there are no women priests....but there are a lot of religions out there where the woman is subservient to the man. FWIW, I never viewed the Virgin Mary as a false idol. But without her, Jesus would never have lived life among men. I guess she plays a kind of important role in that case.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

KCF,

I can't PROVE that MARY was a virgin(or not), but WHO CARES !

As you say KCF, Mary OBVIOUSLY was needed for jesus to be here, AND for him to speak of the MANY GOOD things that people could do for the betterment of Mankind.

I ABSOLUTELY believe he walked the Earth,..AND..(double) ABSOLUTELY agree with his Many Many positive "suggestions"

Just Imagine the state of this ol' world today, If everyone listened and acted upon....the vast Majority of his beliefs !!!!!!!!!!!

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning. Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made". Jon 1:1-3.

"For by him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things were created by him and for him. He is before all things, and in him all things hold together". Col.1:16-17.

"In the beginning, O Lord, you laid the foundations of the earth, and the heavens are the work of your hands. They will perish, but you remain; they will all wear out like a garment. You will roll them up like a robe; like a garment they will be changed. But you remain the same, and your years will never end." Heb.1:10-12.

"He was in the world, and though the world was made through him, the world did not recognize him". Jn.1:10

"Yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we live; and there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we live". 1Cor.8:6.
======================================================================
==================

People live and die for their belief. The Jews are God’s chosen people. It doesn’t matter what anyone thinks about the Jews , nada. God will make sure they abide like they have since the very beginning when he created man in his own image.

Mocking and knocking the Jew is like playing with fire, hell fire no less. Look at history, look at the Bible.

But not to worry (GAR) you are an Atheist which translated means--Wicked. “The fool has said in his heart, There is no Godâ€￾ (Ps. 14:1)

Albert Einstein felt he had to believe in a cosmic power. He was convinced that a man who did not believe in a cosmic power as the source of all things was a fool.

In order for the fool to say the word God, however, he must have a concept of God. And if he has a concept of God, that implies that God is. It is impossible to think of something that is not, therefore, he is trying to eliminate something that his very reasoning powers tell him exists. For the fool to work that hard to deny God’s existence is testimony that God must exist, or the fool wouldn’t have to worry about getting rid of him.

First, the Catholic church worships the Holy Trinity, the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost. So I don't know where your getting the Mary worship thing. She is important, just as the saints are, but she is not the top of the food chain. The Catholic church also doesn't allow women to enter the priesthood, and are notorious for their chauvinistic views. The Pope and his Cardinals are the grumpy old mens club.

I don't particulary care for our president, but I don't condem America for that.

In order for the fool to say the word God, however, he must have a concept of God. And if he has a concept of God, that implies that God is. It is impossible to think of something that is not, therefore, he is trying to eliminate something that his very reasoning powers tell him exists. For the fool to work that hard to deny God’s existence is testimony that God must exist, or the fool wouldn’t have to worry about getting rid of him.

I have a concept of Dwarfs, Hobbits, Dragons and Wizards too. Read about them in a book just like you read about your characters.