Why does usairways.com suck so badly???

lindy

Advanced
Sep 11, 2002
Thanks for your patience. It is truly appreciated.

Have a Happy and Safe Easter..

Linda

I have had an untold number of errors when attempting to book a $652.00 fare today. Three times I got through the process, got to the seat mapper, entered in my seats, and hit the Reserve button only to have the thing time out on me and spit out an error code.

Others report similar errors throughout the process.

Be very lucky that I am patient as I could have easily booked the same fare on Air Canada - non stop.

Why didnt you book on air canada??? Why take a nother moment to bash US? Nothing is perfect and I have used the .com site numerous times with no probs. Instead of making a fuss with people on here who cant do a thing take it to someone who cares.

----------------
On 4/18/2003 2:47:04 PM usfliboi wrote:

Why didnt you book on air canada??? Why take a nother moment to bash US? Nothing is perfect and I have used the .com site numerous times with no probs. Instead of making a fuss with people on here who cant do a thing take it to someone who cares.

----------------​
Oh, but there most certainly are people on here who care. You''d be surprised how often the Crystal Palace monitors this and other boards.

BOb im assuming you have no choice at all but to fly US??????????????? Its amazing only 4 or 5 people on this board (usually the ones who constantly post) are the ones constantly complaning. FYI my litter box over flowed years ago ! Why dont you try another airline? The beauty of this industry is that you do have the choice of who you choose. No body has tied your hands behind anyones back and said fly US! Try the others out and see what they have to offer. Youll find THE SAME EXACT PROMBLEMS country wide! The difference is I feel this employee group by in large cares and under the circumstances in the past 13 years, our group has come out ok with just a little bitterness to boot. I in vite you and others who cant get satisfaction, try out our comp.! See what they have to offer (the whole Picture) Instead of constanly pointing out things that NO ON ON THIS BOARD CAN CONtROL, take it to someone who can!

----------------
On 4/18/2003 6:50:15 PM usfliboi wrote:

BOb im assuming you have no choice at all but to fly US??????????????? Its amazing only 4 or 5 people on this board (usually the ones who constantly post) are the ones constantly complaning. FYI my litter box over flowed years ago ! Why dont you try another airline?

Because he''d rather fly U. If it weren''t for people like him, you''d be closed.

The beauty of this industry is that you do have the choice of who you choose. No body has tied your hands behind anyones back and said fly US! Try the others out and see what they have to offer. Youll find THE SAME EXACT PROMBLEMS country wide!

Sorry...their websites are far easier to use. People most likely won''t experience so many problems, just by trying to give you some money for a ticket

The difference is I feel this employee group by in large cares and under the circumstances in the past 13 years, our group has come out ok with just a little bitterness to boot. I in vite you and others who cant get satisfaction, try out our comp.!

That''s a great idea. Why not offer to have them try out www.usairways.com to get a taste of that hi tech satisfaction.

See what they have to offer (the whole Picture) Instead of constanly pointing out things that NO ON ON THIS BOARD CAN CONtROL, take it to someone who can!

The posters I''ve seen complain in this thread (Bob and Itrade) are usually very complimentary to US Airways employees. But I invite Art in ISP to offer his two cents on the ease of use of the USAirways website...He''s booked himself on some pretty hellish routings - just to stay on USAirways. Tell us Art - how''s the web site for booking these days.

----------------​

----------------
On 4/18/2003 11:40:54 AM ITRADE wrote:

I have had an untold number of errors when attempting to book a $652.00 fare today.  Three times I got through the process, got to the seat mapper, entered in my seats, and hit the "Reserve" button only to have the thing time out on me and spit out an error code.

Be very lucky that I am patient as I could have easily booked the same fare on Air Canada - non stop.

----------------​

Itrade,

I could not agree more. When a man has his wallet out you better @##@$%#$ well be prepared to accommodate him without delay.

Soutwest.com is sooooooo easy to use. CCY should pull their head out of the sand and do some plagiarizing.

And while they are at it they should give Southwest a call on the telley and see what customer service is like. It would be such a unique experience, they might even find it so easy that they would buy a ticket before they realized what they were doing.

usfliboi,
Take it easy.There are a number of people who visit these boards just to complain or to try to bait people but PineyBob is probably one of the most even-handed people here.He calls it like he sees it.I don''t think we''re in much of a position to be telling our customers "If you don''t like it,take your business somewhere else." They''re doing that already.

The website chomps, to put it mildly. Don't utilize the back button, ever! I've called and commented/lodged formal complaints regarding its deficiencies and glitches several times.

stewart--Some passengers prefer to fly U because that's a choice provided us in a free market system. Others have ties that go back a few hundred years and want to see the airline survive, therefore when flying, their choice is U. We're all here at USAviation to make comments regarding the positive and negative experiences and to voice our individual frustrations. You've used this forum to vent on quite a few occasions and certainly there were readers here that could do nothing more than absorb and empathize. It's odd that you should be recommending we fly elsewhere. Maybe someone needs a hug? Perhaps the next time you vent we should respond the way you have in some of your other posts, i.e., "yawn"????

2.gif

It really is all about the "Back" button. Hit it, and like an errant schoolchild, you are sent to the back of the room. The site appears to be loaded with cookies, so the cache takes over, and just keeps telling you that you can''t complete the booking. Conventional wisdom says, "don''t hit the back button", but with such complex, date and time sensitive fares, which appear to change by the minute, it is virtually impossible not to have to look at alternatives. In the NYC area alone, you are talking 3 to 6 airport options, depending on how aggressive you feel about finding the lowest fare.

I use the site all the time and find it one of the worst around. To put it mildly it''s not very fluid, and yes never press the back button. They really should make that site a little more user friendly, not so much for people like me but for the more casual flyer.

As an employee who's used USairways.com and WN, AA, NW, DL websites for various friends and family members bookings, I can honestly say US.com is woefully lacking (to put it mildly) when compared to some of the others. It's not just the "passengers" who have a problem with it, its the employee passengers as well. And, as a CSR at the airport, I can tell you the other end of the spectrum isnt much better when having to straighten out all of the screwups from the site. If the company is going to try to force passengers away from rez to this site, they need to be sure to spend the money on it to make it user friendly and make sure it works like a charm. We spend way too much time and money cleaning up the mess that is made that should have just been put into a decent site in the first place.

Ok, Ok, I get it!

I guess I''ve just been lucky. In fact, when USAirways.com screwed up with my itinerary, it was in my favor: a envoy ticket across the Atlantic for a coach fare!

Sorry to seem so challenging.... .I HATE it when things don''t work, especially when a business won''t take my money or bill me correctly.... dont'' get me started on StarPower or Verizon!!! Or any HMO! Good luck, everyone.

----------------
On 4/18/2003 11:40:54 AM ITRADE wrote:

I have had an untold number of errors when attempting to book a $652.00 fare today.  Three times I got through the process, got to the seat mapper, entered in my seats, and hit the "Reserve" button only to have the thing time out on me and spit out an error code.

----------------​
You''ll probably end up with 1 reservation and 3 tickets. Some time back a passenger had 2 E-tickets paid for under 1 reservation. He said he got an error response the first time and did it again. Didn''t realize until he tried to use kiosk and it failed. Checked with agent and low and behold....2 paid tkts. Course I refunded one of them and apologized.....but it has happened.