Why the pilots lose at the table

If the company made a proposal and the union negotiators try to improve the original proposal and company come back offers were subsequent worse and worse that is because you had no solitary, no strike vote, and no plan. MANAGEMENT knew THIS.

This is true with every employee group

“We have pilots who have committed suicide, who have gotten divorced, have filed for bankruptcy, emotional breakdowns, or had liens placed on their assets by the IRS. We have pilots working/commuting 23/24 days per month, they have constant and excessive fatigue, and even more disheartening they are not able to see their children grow up. And, as you know Aviation Safety experts would tell you this is a recipe for disaster.â€￾

The last thing the unions on the property need is management involvement with seniority integration. THIS IS AN ALPA MESS AND ALPA NEEDS TO STRAIGHTEN IT OUT………….
YOUR LETTER IS “BRINKMANSHIPâ€￾ YOUR WORDS NOT MINE without solitary.

There will be no separate operations/contracts.

Have you (the east) investigated the negotiating tactic of lying on the floor on your back shrieking at the top of your lungs? A 3 year old successfully employed such a tactic at Costco yesterday. Maybe if you're good, Doug will take you to Chuckee Cheese's and give you parity in tokens.

Have you (the east) investigated the negotiating tactic of lying on the floor on your back shrieking at the top of your lungs? A 3 year old successfully employed such a tactic at Costco yesterday. Maybe if you're good, Doug will take you to Chuckee Cheese's and give you parity in tokens.

We shall see, either way you will not be flying east metal anytime soon. :up:

Maybe if you're good, Doug will take you to Chuckee Cheese's and give you parity in tokens.

Oh Cool, I love that game where you hit the mole with the mallet. Hopefully Doug has a pocket full of tokens so we can to play Wack the Mac.

So wrong on so many points.

Actually, ALPA Natl would dispute your numbers. Even the east negotiating committee disputes your numbers. What is wrong with you?
ussnark,

We have our differences of opinion, but one thing I think we agree on is that this person has something very wrong with him.

Who on Earth writes letters to management like this, and almost threatens that there will be a mass loss of life if they don't come to his rescue and agree with his position?? This is so far off the reservation and beyond the debate of what's right or wrong, I don't even know where to start. IMO someone should be calling the FAA, or at the very least Professional Standards, and have them intervene.

I've talked to so many US pilots who can only roll their eyes when they hear his name. I can only hope that you guys do something about him... seriously. He is a serious liability to your group.

Peace,
767jetz

Oh Cool, I love that game where you hit the mole with the mallet. Hopefully Doug has a pocket full of tokens so we can to play Wack the Mac.

I suppose you are referring to John MacIlvenna, the guy that lead to the whacking Stephan and his bumbling union leadership got in the arbitration process (Nicolau) for exercising their rights to be morons. LOL!!! I love America! How many beatings can you clowns take in a career???

I've talked to so many US pilots who can only roll their eyes when they hear his name. I can only hope that you guys do something about him... seriously. He is a serious liability to your group.

Peace,
767jetz

Any group of humans will have someone who pushes the boundaries of what the group considers normal behavior. i could mention names but the UAL group has real problems in this area.

This guy happens to be on the leading edge of what will happen at US. I agree with some of his rants.

HP pilots are in imminent danger of being stapled to the bottom of any list. I do not want that, but their extreme vocal membership argues themselves into that void. They will bring about that which they never considered, bottom reserve for the rest of their lives.

Talk about whipsaw. HP dudes have never seen whipsaw like it will be applied to them. They are babies in the negotiating game.

We have our differences of opinion, but one thing I think we agree on is that this person has something very wrong with him.

I am afraid you are correct, something is not right with him. Hopefully you can meet him someday. He is truly a living parody. So incredibly stupid and uneducated, yet somehow strangely entertaining.

You should have seen him during the one LOA 93 MEC meeting at which he held an ill-considered proxy. It was so sad, it was embarrassing. At the end of his weakly-worded speech, he put his head in his hands, mumbling, "Armegeddon, Armegeddon, Armegeddon, Armegeddon..." as the tears rolled down his cheeks.

It was so strange, you almost felt bad for the poor guy, but that feeling disappeared quickly as an uncontrollable snickering spread through the crowd of about a hundred pilots. Weren't you there, ussnark and PIT Bull?

Let's all have a beer sometime, I've got a hundred more stories. Maybe he'll offer me some dough to keep quiet.

Now, back to the East vs. West show. I hope someday this will all be behind us.

It was so sad, it was embarrassing. At the end of his weakly-worded speech, he put his head in his hands, mumbling, "Armegeddon, Armegeddon, Armegeddon, Armegeddon..." as the tears rolled down his cheeks.

It was so strange, you almost felt bad for the poor guy, but that feeling disappeared quickly as an uncontrollable snickering spread through the crowd of about a hundred pilots.

Let's all have a beer sometime, I've got a hundred more stories.
OH MY GOD! You've got to be kidding! :lol:

This is great stuff! Sad, but great! I can almost picture it. I'd love to be around for those stories. Heck, I'll buy the beer!

At the end of his weakly-worded speech, he put his head in his hands, mumbling, "Armegeddon, Armegeddon, Armegeddon, Armegeddon..." as the tears rolled down his cheeks.

It was so strange, you almost felt bad for the poor guy, but that feeling disappeared quickly as an uncontrollable snickering spread through the crowd of about a hundred pilots.

Wow...Armageddon, Armageddon, Armageddon, Armageddon? :shock:

Oh, and I'll buy the first round! :up:

Wow...Armageddon, Armageddon, Armageddon, Armageddon?

I hope the Westies can see the fear, stupidity, and treason they'll have to fight every day of their professional lives if we ever do merge the lists.

Captain Armageddon, you make me embarrassed to say I have US Airways pilot's wings.

HP pilots are in imminent danger of being stapled to the bottom of any list. I do not want that, but their extreme vocal membership argues themselves into that void. They will bring about that which they never considered, bottom reserve for the rest of their lives.

I want some of what you are drinking. Better than Dougwieser or Scotch.

I hope the Westies can see the fear, stupidity, and treason they'll have to fight every day of their professional lives if we ever do merge the lists.

Captain Armageddon, you make me embarrassed to say I have US Airways pilot's wings.

But in the battle of Armageddon, Good triumphs over Evil. That must be what the east is worried about!

Latest posts