Why I Voted Yes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strake

Senior
Jun 17, 2004
This is why. Makes more sense than anything any of the naysayers have come up with.

"The theory that there will be either expeditious negotiations or a quick release in the wake of the rejection of our contract by the Bankruptcy Court is, at best, pure speculation. What is not speculation is that, while this process is playing out over the course of years the membership will be unneccessarily fuloughed or downgraded. The bottom line is that no work group has ever fared better after having its contract rejected in bankruptcy and those advocating such strategy will be unable to point to a single instance in which it worked."

So get to pointing all you industry sages out there!

grrrrrr

Reactions: 5 people
This is why. Makes more sense than anything any of the naysayers have come up with.

"The theory that there will be either expeditious negotiations or a quick release in the wake of the rejection of our contract by the Bankruptcy Court is, at best, pure speculation. What is not speculation is that, while this process is playing out over the course of years the membership will be unneccessarily fuloughed or downgraded. The bottom line is that no work group has ever fared better after having its contract rejected in bankruptcy and those advocating such strategy will be unable to point to a single instance in which it worked."

grrrrrr

This is an excerpt from the piece of trash Drummond wrote and placed with the voting instructions.

Very weak to say the least. TWU fighting to give your job away.

Reactions: 4 people
Everyone is entitled to their vote and opinion.

I will not be able to volunteer to give up my pension, my retirement medical, my job security, while allowing a ballooning of the outsourcing, extreme work rule changes, week of vacation that was I just about to obtain, no more 5 PV days, many "to be negotiated" later letters, and still 1000's of RIF's.

Sorry this is just too far reaching and TWU Fear has proven to be a lie in the past.

NO WAY, CAN'T DO IT!

I will have to be forced to eat this crap burger. I will get some good photographs as the barn burns down though.
Anybody want to buy some 8 x 10 prints of an awesome but sad barn fire that could have been avoided?
I will make all still images of the barn burning down in High Dynamic Range photos and digitally enahanced for your viewing pleasure. I will also make a time lapsed video of the destruction of the barn.

Those of you that think you are saving something, have no idea that there will be little but ashes left.

grrrrrr
Voting how you want is your prerogative of course. I would just like to know when you are planning to help stop the downward spiral of our compensation?

Reactions: 4 people
It is very easy for Mr. Drummond to recommend that you vote yes since he doesn't have to live under the crap he is telling you to vote for. can you say HYPOCRITE?

Reactions: 3 people
TWU/M&R and AA 1113 Contract Ratification
Welcome to the TWU/M&R and American Airlines 1113 Contract Ratification ballot.
You may review the full text language of the proposed contract at http://www.twubkfacts.org.
I vote as indicated on the proposed Contract between TWU/M&R and American Airlines.
YES, I vote for the proposed July 2012 Contract YES, I vote for the proposed July 2012 Contract
NO, I vote against the proposed July 2012 Contract NO, I vote against the proposed July 2012 Contract

VOTE NO. I DID!!!!!

Reactions: 2 people

grrrrrr

I am willing to bet you have voted yes every time there has been an agreement with AA.

I too voted Yes. Too many unknowns if I were to turn it down and face abrogation of my contract. I think based off of my opinion I would have launched myself off into the abyss for 6 long years from what I have read a researched. I suspected, and had found through the U.S.C Section 1113 that abrogation would mean no timeline to establish a new status quo or (contract) and felt I would have to bear the burden of the companies terms of employment without raises, Industry average after 36mos, early Section 6 opener after 48mos, profit sharing, gain sharing plan, matching 401k, Frozen Pension, and etc....best of luck to all, and at least participate and vote....

Reactions: 3 people
I too voted Yes. Too many unknowns if I were to turn it down and face abrogation of my contract. I think based off of my opinion I would have launched myself off into the abyss for 6 long years from what I have read a researched. I suspected, and had found through the U.S.C Section 1113 that abrogation would mean no timeline to establish a new status quo or (contract) and felt I would have to bear the burden of the companies terms of employment without raises, Industry average after 36mos, early Section 6 opener after 48mos, profit sharing, gain sharing plan, matching 401k, Frozen Pension, and etc....best of luck to all, and at least participate and vote....

And you also said we could not improve from the last offer and look at this, you are looking at a better deal today.

Reactions: 1 person

Now that is a shocker! Have you ever voted NO?

Vote Receipt

Confirmation Number:

I vote as indicated on the proposed Contract between TWU/M&R and American Airlines.

[ X ] YES, I vote for the proposed July 2012 Contract
[ ] NO, I vote against the proposed July 2012 Contract
Receipt generated: 07/23/2012 17:52:17 (Central)

Unless you select a menu item, this page will clear in 111 seconds.

Or, Click Here to logout now.

Vote Receipt

Confirmation Number:

[ X ] YES, I vote for the proposed July 2012 Contract
[ ] NO, I vote against the proposed July 2012 Contract
Receipt generated: 07/23/2012 17:52:17 (Central)

Unless you select a menu item, this page will clear in 111 seconds.

Or, Click Here to logout now.

You need a toothpick, there is a piece of turd lodged between your front teeth.

Voting how you want is your prerogative of course. I would just like to know when you are planning to help stop the downward spiral of our compensation?

When you quit voting Republican. It was just a guess. Am I right?

Reactions: 1 person
Status
Not open for further replies.