Still Want To Vote No?

The work has to be done. Why do you think they backed off on the number? Because they knew they could not dump 4500 workers and still run their operation. This is not 2005. There is not excess capacity anymore, not in seats, not in workers who posess the skills or willingness to work in this industry, not in places to send the work, It will take time, thats our advantage, by giving thgem six years to do it we are signing our own death warrants.

What the company would do while negotiations are ongoing is anyones guess, but look at the past. I've asked the lawyers, after they gave all their doom and gloom,several questions and was told each time "Good question, I dont know, I'll get back to you". Well they havent. Did NWA go wild on their FAs? Did they ever impose new terms at all? Was the deal they eventually settled on better or worse than what was imposed and where were they in the industry and where did they end up? No answer, but according to Sharon Levines article the NWA AFA did reach a deal where the FAs got some form of equity in exchange for their concessions, they fell short around $7 million IIRC. There is ZERO equity in the companys LBO. We are dead last, by a wide margin. While USAIR, which is in mediation so its not really a valid comparasion, only has a slightly larger hourly wage they have much better benefits and working conditions. They get much more than twice what we get as far as Compensation for working Holidays, more vacation and more sick time.

Some are running around saying "they can fire anyone they want, this started with the Internationals lawyer, well they can do that now, then say 'arbitrate it'. Will they? Perhaps, but I'm probably up there on their list and I'm not that concerned, most states have laws and we do still have a Union, maybe we will have to act like it like we did during Hard Copy and not wait for the International to make a move.

Obviously, I am no expert in labor law, let alone BK law..But I would have to say that there still has to be certain rights protected even if contracts abrogated.
What concerns me personally is that lawyers can't give a definitive yes or no on the answer.
Back to the judge to render a verdict.

Obviously, I am no expert in labor law, let alone BK law..But I would have to say that there still has to be certain rights protected even if contracts abrogated.
What concerns me personally is that lawyers can't give a definitive yes or no on the answer.

Lawyers rarely give Yes or No answers. Like we were told the Courtroom is theater. Thats why I say its important that the Judge be concerned by how we will react. He may have the power of the court but the only signatures that will get a plane off the ground are those of A&Ps. He cant change an IDG, a tire or an engine or make us show up to do it either. If you look at labor history what we see in front of us is not new, the courts were always on their side, when we would no longer obey them they changed their ways, well that time has come again.

Reactions: 1 person
I really don't believe they can't.I believe they won't.They work for the TWU international, not the membership.I do NOT believe our interests are being properly represented.
This LBO will be catastrophic to our careers if passed.It should never have been brought back for a vote that can be manipulated through a campaign of fear.

I also think we need to find a better way to communicate,to get all the locals together and on the same page.We find that 1 local is being told different things then others.FEAR cannot work against us if we are all together.

I also think we need to find a better way to communicate,to get all the locals together and on the same page.We find that 1 local is being told different things then others.FEAR cannot work against us if we are all together.

This is what happens when we are not smart enough to be on the same page and rid ourselves of the self serving TWU. Past failed attempts have led us to this point with the TWU in charge. Not saying any other union would not have put us in BK but with a more democratic union we might have had a better chance in holding our union leaders accountable in order to do a better job.
And with that note I am still voting NO on the last day of the voting to minimize my vote from being hacked.

This is what happens when we are not smart enough to be on the same page and rid ourselves of the self serving TWU. Past failed attempts have led us to this point with the TWU in charge. Not saying any other union would not have put us in BK but with a more democratic union we might have had a better chance in holding our union leaders accountable in order to do a better job.
And with that note I am still voting NO on the last day of the voting to minimize my vote from being hacked.

I dont know how many times everyone must be told that we had enough cards. The NMB shafted us. The TWU does not have enough political influence to correct anti-worker Bankruptcy Laws, or balance the playing field between us and foreign MRO's. But they did manage to spend millions of your hard earned money to buy enough influence to prevent you from having a ballot to vote the TWU out. That said, it was not we the membership, or the organizers that failed to do anything.

Reactions: 2 people
Ok for the sake of argument, even if his math was wrong and your was right 2.4 Bil? still pretty extreme considering a 1.25 bil demand from labor.I still say No, Fight this and take it to the judge.
Bob Owens clarified his math in a subsequent post; and following his reasoning from that clarified post, it's not a $1.25 billion demand "from labor," it's a $990 million demand from represented labor. The other $260 million comes from unrepresented agents, management and support staff.

As for how you vote - vote the way your conscience guides you - I would never be so presumptuous as to tell anyone how to vote. I merely want to see facts posted - and never made-up numbers masquerading as facts.

The abrogation is not a true abrogation, the term sheet modifies your CBA, watch and see.