Still Want To Vote No?

Pretty much sums it up from where I sit, although you left out the part where everything AA has offered is labeled as worse than the non-binding offer presented by a competitor who is already seeking even deeper cuts in pay & benefits than what the Ask is seeking...

We've seen time and time again how both the TWU rulers (sorry, can't call them leaders) and even the membership has allowed testosterone, emotion, and short-term gain win out over reason, logic, and now apparently, the advice of experienced legal counsel....

Vote however you wish, but basing a decision primarily on emotion and the face value of an issue usually ends badly.

Its easy to recommend something you dont have to live under
HELL NO

Pretty much sums it up from where I sit, although you left out the part where everything AA has offered is labeled as worse than the non-binding offer presented by a competitor who is already seeking even deeper cuts in pay & benefits than what the Ask is seeking...

We've seen time and time again how both the TWU rulers (sorry, can't call them leaders) and even the membership has allowed testosterone, emotion, and short-term gain win out over reason, logic, and now apparently, the advice of experienced legal counsel....

Vote however you wish, but basing a decision primarily on emotion and the face value of an issue usually ends badly.

E, the days of the TWU getting whatever they want in exchange for bad contracts are over. There is no more horse trading. Now, the international has to do whatever it can to save jobs..Jobs equal union dues. At the end of the day, jobs will be lost and the TWU is at the greates risk of being replaced.
If a NO vote prevails and negotiations start anew, i believe the TWU will be gone before a new contract can be negotiated.

if a NO vote prevails and negotiations start anew, i believe the TWU will be gone before a new contract can be negotiated.

Regardless of the vote, you guys need to do something about the TWU.

Contrary to what most of you believe, I'm not anti-union. I fully support non-compulsory union membership -- the only way to keep a union honest is to be able to fire them without jeopardizing your continued employment.

I got called out for showing preference to AMFA when moderating the debate between Dave and CIO (who no-showed), and I still support the move towards AMP.

For the money you're paying, you deserve much better than that. APFA and APA may be dysfunctional at times, but at least the membership has control when elections come around.

I probably have more faith in the voting system on the forums than I do in the TWU's electoral process.

Regardless of the vote, you guys need to do something about the TWU.

Contrary to what you might think, I'm not anti-union. I got called out nine years ago for moderating the debate between Dave and CIO (who no-showed), and I still support the move towards AMP.

For the money you're paying, you deserve much better than that. APFA and APA may be dysfunctional at times, but at least the membership has control when elections come around.

I probably have more faith in the voting system on the forums than I do in the TWU's electoral process.

I hope that people will finally see what TWU's relationship with the company was all about. But now the party is over.
Now that they have essentially told the TWU there is no more special relationship between them anymore, the TWU is petrified of the outcome. They cannot stop AA from doing what it wants, so now they are supporting any jobs saved. But the jobs saved, in my opinion, will be shortlived.
They threw themselves in the arms of Parker and US, but will be crying foul should a merger happen and US reneges on its promises.

I hope that people will finally see what TWU's relationship with the company was all about. But now the party is over.
Now that they have essentially told the TWU there is no more special relationship between them anymore, the TWU is petrified of the outcome. They cannot stop AA from doing what it wants, so now they are supporting any jobs saved. But the jobs saved, in my opinion, will be shortlived.
They threw themselves in the arms of Parker and US, but will be crying foul should a merger happen and US reneges on its promises.
You mean those non-binding promises Dougie Parker made? Isn't this the same Dougie that was referred to as one of the "Three Musketeers" when working at AA years ago - the other two of the trio being Arpey and Horton?

This isn't to say the twu is some manner of angel - far from it. What goes around comes around, though - they shouldn't be surprised that, given the opportunity, their business "partner" is now planning to make them the main course at a dinner in their "honor".

The twu now wants to throw their weight behind a merger that is probably like that of DL and NW - arranged.

The workforce is showing it's displeasure apparently.

"AMR’s new statement also takes aim at US Airways’ use of performance records as a reason to support its takeover bid, noting that American’s first-quarter maintenance delays and cancellations were at their lowest levels in five years, that on-time performance was the highest in 10 years and that its unit revenue grew 10.3% year-on-year."

http://www.aviationw...1-01-455633.xml