Why The 407 Is The Superior Aircraft

Im not sure about your company Firehawk but $1800 an hour for a 212 is a long way from a reasonable rate. I can understand the whole cash flow thing but thats cutting it a little close.

Have to agree pitchlink $1800.00 for a 212 is a shame, I heard about this one last week , I think it was the contract Venture used to do? Hopefully Harry C was to busy in the afterlife to see what happened to his company in the last 5 years since he passed.

Venture flew with Purcell HeliSki in Golden for the last 2 years.
You're hinting that the new bidder is only getting $1,800 ?
They will only average 0.6/day over the 180 days (Dec 1 to May 1) that PHS wants you there. :down: and PHS has not ever paid flight minimums.

Fill your boots on that one, bring some warm gear and a good book ( an english to Japanese or German translation one perhaps?).

Who's the lucky company to WIN that lucrative winter work? :blink:

Good deal....so rates are climbing then I see? How about $1,450/hr for a 212 on a guaranteed 85 hr contract over 2 1/2 months........... pilot and engineer averaging $350-$400/day each. Try that for "cash flow". :D

A little Birdy tells me Tasman is doing the flying. I wonder where they make thier money. The rap contract in the summer was a disgrace. The closest bidder was twice the price and still not the price they should be getting.

I leave the part out of my speech about the no clothes in the hot tub as 99% of the guests are male :angry:

Pitchlink I agree shame on Tasman for being lowballers ( and they aren't even from Quebec) but also too shame on BCFS for accepting such a ridiculous bid and expecting that 212 to be of the same calibre of the other ships on contract to them.

The 212 I was speaking of was not from Quebec or the West coast. There is an equal supply of "brain cramps" from coast to coast. The 212 even beat out a plain old -11 204 to get that contract. :lol:

As to the original topic that the 407 is a superior machine to an Astar... there are many arguments in favour of either that have already been listed here. Some have clearly listed their reasons for choosing either... such as 407D's irrefutable argument that the 407 is the one for what they're doing... it's simple dollars and cents... nothing personal.

I have over 3000 hours in 350's and really can't find fault with them outside of the little "nit-picky" things. I only have a little time in 407's and my feeling is "great drive train... too bad it's that same sh$%tty airframe".

This is based on no flat floor, very cramped quarters (I'm 240 lbs and comfortably over 6 feet), and people having to face backwards.

I couldn't agree more than with Matador, who stated that whatever machine you're handed will end up being the best machine for the job...

As for Sisyphus' comments about the 350 being a cow, well I'd like to know how much time he has in each type... 'cause this is clearly out to lunch... where's Theseus when you need him?

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=sisyphus

HV

Good post HV. Personally, I have about 2,500 on the 350, and only 1,500 on the 407.
As you mention, the type works for us, we move a lot of people short distances, and the 407 can do it fast. Sitting rearward is not an issue, one-time riders for 5-10 minutes don't complain, The gear room is not an issue (although we have a huge ski basket), the fuel range is not an issue in this country (everything is close, it's all vertical distances, and a 407 can climb like a home-sick Angel).
We are a Bell-only company, and have tremendous factory support. VR is a breeze, with a huge VR bubble window, plus I'm only a svelte 5'-8" :shock:

MAG knows my biggest beef with 350's, RA, GH, SH,

see on the other forum that bell's high altitude landing record was beaten by an Indian helicopter , I am sure 407d will accuse them of being cheetahs :rolleyes:

Latest posts