Letter to Doug Parker & Scott Kirby

For cripes sake, gloat all you want but East did not ask for DOH, it was mostly about LOS (length of service).

Let's see here, where do I begin?

From Nicolau's opinion:

The US Airways Proposal

"The US Airways initial proposal was grounded on a pilot's Date of
Hire adjusted for Length of Service. That proposal placed the most
senior America West pilot below some 900 US Airways pilots and
integrated a number of furloughed US Airways pilots with active
America West pilots. This was justified, according to the US Airways
representatives, by the much greater length of service (LOS) of US
Airways pilots..."

From the West's Merger Committee Report:

"First, the Award rejects the East Committee’s strongly advanced assertion that
date of hire or length of service should control the list integration process.
Second, the Award adopts the position that the West Committee consistently
advanced from the beginning of the hearings; namely that furloughed East pilots should
be placed below all West pilots on the seniority list. The East position (DOH adjusted by
LOS), had it been adopted, would have placed nearly two thousand furloughed East pilots ahead of Dave Odell (our junior pilot) and many other West pilots."

A petition by a group of your own pilots. That website is still up:

"By signing this petition I am directing the AAA MEC Chairmen,MEC membership and Merger Committee Members to accept nothing less than Date of Hire with fences during any and all discussions relating in any way to the merger between US Airways (AAA) and America West (AWA). The purpose of this petition is to demand the AAA MEC proceed toward an agreement between the Master Executive Councils of US Airways and America West that INCLUDES NOTHING LESS than Date of Hire with Fences. I consider anything other than Date of Hire with fences to be unfair, unjust and a failure of the MEC in their duty to fairly represent the membership."

And just as an aside; your MC mentioned that DOH was not a guarantee under ALPA Merger Policy. Your MC broached the topic only once because of the blowback they got on that and they never brought it up again.

I also think there is a resolution on file in your MEC dictating the MC to seek nothing less than DOH. You can call your MEC office and ask for a copy.

So please. Spare me the "we didn't even want DOH" BS. You did and got burned.

Oh ya. I was happy to see that all in not lost over there. This is a pilot from YOUR webboards responding to one of his own:

"Is he suppose to give you his job because we worked for a stagnant, poorly run company? We did this to ourselves because we based our argument on something that was never going to happen. DOH violated 4 of the 5 goals of the merger policy."

Good to see some of you guys get it. :up:

Reactions: 1 person
For cripes sake, gloat all you want but East did not ask for DOH, it was mostly about LOS (length of service). That may be the same thing to you, but it certainly is not for the East pilots that would have lost alot under our own proposal. Enjoy your windfall, but in the meantime let the East lick their wounds without people rubbing salt in it. You never know how soon you might appreciate the same courtesy

I really do apologize if I did offend anyone, that was not my intent. The point of my post was the fact that the East had the opportunity to advance ideas such as this over the past year, and decided instead to "go for broke" with the DOH/LOS proposal and lost.

Game over, case closed, ship has sailed, closing the barn door after the horses ran away, whatever metaphor suits you best.

As to wondering when I may appreciate the same courtesy, please look at my screen name and pic. I HAVE been in a situation much worse than this before, and this time things went exactly per ALPA merger policy. There are rules and procedures to follow, and that is exactly what happened.

Regardless of any outcome, we TWA'ers could only have dreamed of such a process back in 2000.

Reactions: 1 person
N905TW said:
I guess we are supposed to be impressed that you are on a first name basis with Doug and Scott...

Don't be impressed.  Doug is always telling every employee that calls him "Mr. Parker" to please "Just call me Doug."

I imagine Scott Kirby plays the same game.

(That sounds a bit jaded...they may be sincere.)

prechilill said:
Ladies and gentlemen, this is an example of a person anesthetized with emotion- lacking any reason or judgement in posting this personal admission...truly astonishing and it speaks volumes about his state of mind. Reading posts this whole week collectively would make a wonderful case study in human behavior and the subjects of denial and self preservation at all costs.

You're truly clueless.  USA320driver is now one of your (i.e. westholes) biggest cheerleaders.

FWAAA said:
What I can't figure out is why a promising young pilot like USA320Pilot sitting in the right seat wouldn't be applying at WN or B6 or another growing airline that's hiring.

He isn't sitting in the right seat, nor was he at the time of that post.  He was already in the left seat of the A320 when I first encountered his prolific bloviations in 2001.

nycbusdriver said:
Don't be impressed.  Doug is always telling every employee that calls him "Mr. Parker" to please "Just call me Doug."

I imagine Scott Kirby plays the same game.

(That sounds a bit jaded...they may be sincere.)

You're truly clueless.  USA320driver is now one of your (i.e. westholes) biggest cheerleaders.

He isn't sitting in the right seat, nor was he at the time of that post.  He was already in the left seat of the A320 when I first encountered his prolific bloviations in 2001.
Uhh, that's USA320Pilot... NOT driver.

swamt said:
I was thinking the exact same thing...

Don't see where the hate came in for this to be posted...

swamt said:
I was thinking the exact same thing...

Don't see where the hate came in for this to be posted...
Old Old story... IIRC post UA/US merger talks.
nothing to see here... move along... :p