Why This F/a Supports The Iam

Hey folks,

Watch how this is working for management.

I would venture and bet that this management is not working with the IAM at all.

They are hoping that the members get so upset with the IAM leaders that their focus will not be on the "out sourcing" but on their anger and the struggle between AMFA and IAM. BIG MISTAKE FOLKS.

A VOTE FOR AMFA is a vote for Jerry. HE is watching and betting on this show down. He is the WIZARD IN CCY.

I do not want any flight attendants to fly back vacation! NONE. Mangement knows there is going to be a show down with the mechanics and that crews may go illegal.

So, they are offering vacation fly back on the bet that we as flight attendants need the cash. Don't do this!

Our union may be next. This Management is not focused on operating an airline, but decreasing the ranks and looking to terminate and violate contract langauge so that you, the members are mad at who you think you can control and that is the union leadership. AGAIN, BIG MISTAKE!

Don't forget, AFA is in dire financial straights, and they know this. WE are next.

LET'S FOCUS ON PROTECTING ALL THE EMPLOYEES ON THE PROPERTY AND ALL CONTRACT LANGUAGE.

Remember ITS ABOUT YOUR JOB PROTECTION AND NOT ABOUT UNIONS.

AMFA :up:

4thofjuly-1_e0.gif

LavMan said:
There will be a show of stregth against the robber barrons this week, just sit back and watch :up:
What the heck is this supposed to mean? There is nothing you can do. Sick out? Work to rule? If it is any of these, Glass will be in court so quick it will make your head spin.

Folks,

"flyonthe "wonderful" wall" is out and management has just stated "AMFA UP"!

My point has been made. You guys either get it or not. Look beyond your hate with your present situation and your leadership. Unions are NOT ABOUT 10 OR 20 leaders!

PUT YOUR FOCUS ON YOUR WORK. DON'T LET MANAGEMENT WIN THIS! GO BEYOND YOUR ANGER, THERE IS A GREATER ISSUE HERE.

HOPE YOU ALL CAN SEE THROUGH THE OBVIOUS!

Dave, you can do better then that, don't have time or good internet from SXM?

Attachments

• TLA.jpg
    TLA.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 170
Bob,

Bid to do the work for less? Really.

We have Mid-ATlantic was already thought of for that purpose.

You people amaze me, you immediatly thing a show of solidarity will be a sick out or a work by rule, you people need to think out of the box. What will happen will be nothing Dave and his robber barons can do anything about.

Bob there is nothing to bid on, the work is ours plain and simple, can you not understand that?

Unions are NOT ABOUT 10 OR 20 leaders!

Can I ask your opinion? I know what unions are about but what is the IAM about?
strength in numbers? or as unit4clt states " It was shameful how the IAM tried to push workers into voting for the contract.
The negotiating team brings back INDUSTRY LEADING CONCESSIONS, then compares Walmart and Home Depot wages and benefits from day one to what they have negotiated for topped out workers. We know what the IAM fought for. THE DUES."

Some think that their term as our representation is about to end with this AMFA push
do you blame them for thinking for themselves for once

IAM1776,

Our AFA members believe and still believe that the AFA International was all about dues during that time. I can tell you the arguments I got into with the AFA International President over these consessions. I threatened to "Decertify AFA" myself and start my own drive to get them off the property I was so angry. I wanted the Leaders to see what I saw. I tried to convince my own MEC who were in "shell shock" over the whole ordeal and really didn't know how to respond TO UNION BUSTERS ON OUR PROPERTY. We were all at the table so distraut. The LEC Presidents for AFA that were against ALL CONCESSIONS were Council 70 PHL and 40 PIT. And with all the correspondences given to the members in the summer, they (members) still voted it in, regardless of the AFA International endorsement and the majority of my MEC, the members in PIT and PHL would NOT listen to their local leadership these two bases. Only in the WINTER, was the PIT AFA President finally able to penetrate the membership with 5 correspondences stuffed in mailboxes, and they chose to vote NO. Only one base out of 6. With two LEC Leaders of the big bases voiceferously against! Regardless of what the AFA International President said or the majority of the MEC. These two presidents went against thier own union leadership's recommendation. Members had their own minds and voted according to the threat of liquidation. Nothing else was in their minds.

I watched the IAM leadership, just as I did all the leaders at the table and in the coalition meetings. They didn't know what was the right thing or not. IAM leaders were told that unless the IAM vote in the summer concession the second time, they would take their "scope" language in BK. Remeber, we were already in BK. Didn't take the members too much time to think that through. Now management may TAKE your scope and work and you guys are what? Focusing on AMFA? As if they will be your savior with this work? Did anyone pose the question to AMFA about what action they will take if they are voted on the property in October? And did they give you a "plan of action"? Did they do that at UAL? Talk to the mechanics who have AMFA on the property. How do they feel? Ask the question of what happens to your contracts? Who will adminster it and how? What is their structure to vote FOLKS OUT?

MANAGEMENT IS BETTING ON DIVISIVENESS. Will management win in totaling busting IAM from here to "kindom come". Go ahead, make their day.

Bob the company may attempt to farm it out, it will end up in the courts or with an arbitrator, with the final outcome unknown, but there will be a high price for the comapny to pay for a blatant violation of our contract. Plus Bob, you do not have the information that the IAM has, all the notes and proposals from the company during negotiations, just more evidence for our case. They have lawyers and we have lawyers too.

at the amfa meeting in CLT yesterday they said the will inherite the IAM contract and nothing can be changed until 2008

Lav,

And how will they handle the issue of "outs ourcing" that THEY will also inherit? Was the question posed?

Latest posts

Back