Wildman At Awa Shareholder Meeting

UseYourHead

Veteran
Apr 1, 2003
I was listening to the AWA shareholder meeting, and Doug Parker was being verbaly abused by a shareholder (I believe he was a doctor who owned 60K shares). It was pretty ugly.

I went to answer my doorbell and when I reurned the call was off, did they terminate the call becuase of a roit?

I heard that too. Not sure what happened but I'll say this..... Parker did an awesome job shutting him down... said something along the lines of don't tell my employees they're going to lose their jobs.... if that message is ever delivered, I'll tell them myself.... something like that. Anyway, the webcase abruptly ended at that point with applause for Parker in the background....

No there was no riot. In fact Mr. Parker handled the "wildman" quite well. He said that he had been patient while he(WM) ranted and raved but he(WM) was not going to tell his employees the things he was implying(he brought TWA into his rant). Mr. Parker got a nice applause as he ended the statement and the meeting.
UseYourHead said:
I was listening to the AWA shareholder meeting, and Doug Parker was being verbaly abused by a shareholder (I believe he was a doctor who owned 60K shares). It was pretty ugly.

I went to answer my doorbell and when I reurned the call was off, did they terminate the call becuase of a roit?
[post="270379"][/post]​

Thanks for the intel!

I was sad listening to that abuse; afterall, it is the SEC that prevents him from talking at this time.

I wish all employees would be open to see the good that will come from a merger of these two airlines. US Airways as well as AWA have tons of awesome employees who will embrace each other and together provide awesome service for our customers.

Also, BOTH airlines bring a myraid of great things into the union forming a strong airline network. BOTH airlines have big challenges ahead as well...US Airways with continued reorganization & America West faces a liquidity crisis later in the year, so BOTH airlines are in need of this strategic move. BOTH employee groups will greatly benefit from this. Fear and greed was alive and well there today, and it is ugly to see.

This can the best thing that has happened in the history of both airlines, getting behind this merger is a good thing, IMHO.

I have been through 4 mergers (Piedmont pilot /USAir/PSA/TrumpShuttle) and they do not have to be the stress event many are making this into. There is a process, mechanisims for protections, and in the end everyone will be happy (except those who were not happy prior to the merger).

Good luck to us all, and in the event there is a merger I look forward to working with all of you.

:)

FLYAWAY said:
No there was no riot. In fact Mr. Parker handled the "wildman" quite well. He said that he had been patient while he(WM) ranted and raved but he(WM) was not going to tell his employees the things he was implying(he brought TWA into his rant). Mr. Parker got a nice applause as he ended the statement and the meeting.
[post="270381"][/post]​

UseYourHead said:
Thanks for the intel!

I was sad listening to that abuse; afterall, it is the SEC that prevents him from talking at this time.

I wish all employees would be open to see the good that will come from a merger of these two airlines. US Airways as well as AWA have tons of awesome employees who will embrace each other and together provide awesome service for our customers.

Also, BOTH airlines bring a myraid of great things into the union forming a strong airline network. BOTH airlines have big challenges ahead as well...US Airways with continued reorganization & America West faces a liquidity crisis later in the year, so BOTH airlines are in need of this strategic move. BOTH employee groups will greatly benefit from this. Fear and greed was alive and well there today, and it is ugly to see.

This can the best thing that has happened in the history of both airlines, getting behind this merger is a good thing, IMHO.

I have been through 4 mergers (Piedmont pilot /USAir/PSA/TrumpShuttle) and they do not have to be the stress event many are making this into. There is a process, mechanisims for protections, and in the end everyone will be happy (except those who were not happy prior to the merger).

Good luck to us all, and in the event there is a merger I look forward to working with all of you.

:)
[post="270387"][/post]​
i couldn't agree more.

I just heard the rebroadcast, and yes, Doug did handle the guy quite well. The shareholder was very much out-of-line to make some of the statements he did and Doug sticking up for both employees and America West was a job well done!

Kudos

FLYAWAY said:
[post="270381"][/post]​

Back