Will Tilton listen?

[blockquote]
----------------
On 11/29/2002 11:03:58 PM Busdrvr wrote:

That's like a surgeon walking into a room with a guy bleeding to death on a table in front of him and insisting that the room be repainted, the driveway repaved and a Chili's be built where the cafeteria is before he'll lay one finger on the patient, and oh buy the way, the guy bleeding to death is the guy who signs his paycheck. If enough is enough QUIT!!! Tilton is the right man, but he can't fix everything that hurts your poor fragile little feelings overnight. GROW UP! You think greedy immature employees who have temper tantrums as the company is on the verge of BK could be part of the problem? Do you think having more mechanics per jet than any other airline in america, who are also the highest paid in the industry, could be part of the problem and part of the reason we're in this mess? be careful what you wish for, if we go to Chap 11, you will get it, and them some

"Uh Oh, Better Get TRAMCO"
----------------
[/blockquote]

No its a little more like the Surgeon walking in and saying he is bleeding from the stomach, so lets cut off his leg, charge him amputation of right leg, hmm that didnt fix it so lets cut off his other leg, charge him for amputation of left leg, hmm, that didnt fix it so lets cut off his,,,, then the patient sits up and says "enough, youve taken enough already but you still have not come near to fixing the problem".

If UAL has an overstaffing problem how will paycuts fix that? After the paycuts, the layoffs will come, just look at USAIR. The mechanics were right to say NO to the paycuts.

****Well you would have to be Stevie Wonder to not know why I've been posting since I've been honest and up front since the beginning.****

Yeah Bob. You've been honest and up front from the beginning. You're telling mechanics for a company that you don't even work for to make, what is in my opinion, an irrational decision that will almost certainly lead to a bankruptcy for United Airlines and a worsening of their already poorly perceived working conditions. Yet nowhere in your numerous diatribes where you're being "honest and up front" do you post that you don't even work for this airline, and that there is a conflict of interest between your stated opinions and your position with American Airlines, where you will more than likely benefit from a weakened United Airlines as a competitor.

And for the record, Bob, since I came up the civilian route to the major airlines, I made salaries far, far less than 60K a year for many years. So to answer your question, if my pay was cut to 60K or less tomorrow, I will be honest and say that it would hurt a bit, but I could EASILY support my family on that figure. But what pay has to do with your clear confict of interest is beyond me. Oh wait. I get it now. I'm an overpaid pilot who walked into my 325K/yr. salary and I just don't understand how hard it is to make 60K a year. The old overpaid pilot/underpaid mechanic divide and conquer argument. That's both clever and original, Bob.

So like I said before, and I will likely say again, if you're going to read Bob Owen's posts, be sure to understand that he is an AA employee and stands to gain from the failure of United Airlines.

Bob Owens:

You sir are more propaganda than fact.

UAL has $1 B in cash, but there is a $375 M debt payment due TODAY. That leaves $625 M in cash. UA is burning through $7 M a day. So they would be out of cash in 90 days.

Of course they cannot allow their cash to dip below $1B before filing.

I'm actually heading over to the AA board later today to start pointing out the many flaws over at AA. How's that TWA acquisition look now?

[blockquote]
----------------
On 12/2/2002 12:48:52 PM ualdriver wrote:

As you read the above posts, keep in mind that Bob Owens is an AA employee and has a vested interest in the failure of United Airlines.
----------------
[/blockquote]

What do you base your statement on? I will say for the record that I do not want to see UAL fail. 13000 extra mechanics in the market will not enhance my bargaining position in 2004.
UALdriver are you a mechanic who will have to support a family on $60k or less or will you still be earning six figures even with the cuts?

BobOwens,

For a company of UA's size, $1 Billion in cash on hand is near the absolute minimum with which to have to keep operations ongoing in the event of bankruptcy. The object of bankruptcy is to have as much cash going in. The more cash you have, the smoother the process. The less cash you have, the closer you are to being liquidated. It's quite obvious where your agenda lies. The larger question I have is: Is AA paying you to spread disinformation/propaganda? You seem to have vehement opinions and recommendations for someone who doesn't have a stake in the outcome.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 12/2/2002 12:26:40 PM UnitedChicago wrote:

Bob Owens:

You sir are more propaganda than fact.

UAL has $1 B in cash, but there is a $375 M debt payment due TODAY. That leaves $625 M in cash. UA is burning through $7 M a day. So they would be out of cash in 90 days.

Of course they cannot allow their cash to dip below $1B before filing.

I'm actually heading over to the AA board later today to start pointing out the many flaws over at AA. How's that TWA acquisition look now?
----------------
[/blockquote]

Why cant they wait until they have 100milllion or less to file? Are you saying that if they dont have $1 billion in cash they dont have any money? How many years has UAL had such reserves? Did UAL lose $7million/day this last week? Well now they have 97 days. And now that there will be more holiday traffic we could see that extened another month or so.

Was your statement about going over to the AA board supposed to be a threat? Go right ahead.

As you read the above posts, keep in mind that Bob Owens is an AA employee and has a vested interest in the failure of United Airlines.

You have no concept of finance do you....

Well, my finances are in order. And I dont even have an MBA!

Bob:

So if UAL waits until they have $100 Million to file, how do you suggest they fund operations while in CH11?

YOU CANNOT EXPECT TO SUCCESSFULLY EMERGE FROM CH11 if you only have $100 million in the bank. Period.

This just again illustrates your ability to make broad arguments and statements without the ability to back them up with details.

Latest posts