Word is Jan 1st MCIE is closing entire base from a very reliable source.

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a great point. It's easy to forget when you're in the midst of cuts and uncertainty, but AA is the only US-based airline that hasn't farmed most of its maintenance work offshore.

As for the rumors, I get that a big part of this board is the rumor mill but until we hear something officially I would take it with a grain of salt.
Other than JetBlue which US Based airline does most of its maintenance work offshore?

Other than JetBlue which US Based airline does most of its maintenance work offshore?

Aside from AA, I'm pretty certain just about all of the widebody overhaul is offshore. US might be keeping the 330's with STA in Alabama.

DL was sending widebodies to Canada, which counts to some and not to others. They're now sending those same widebodies to HAECO in HKG...

NWA is sending widebodies to ST Aerospace & HAECO.

CO uses HAECO for their 75/76/77 fleets, and also has fleetwide component overhaul contracts for avionics, engines, and landing gear are outsourced to Rockwell, GE, & Goodrich respectively. Don't know where they're doing the 737 fleet.

"What would the Ten Commandments be if Moses had run them through Congress?" -- Ronald Reagan

Delay's Congress?

I digress...no intent to hijack...LOL

Am I the only one that chuckles when the "very reliable source" wording pops up?

This thread has run its course, and will be closed. No hard facts have been produced, and the topic has wandered from the fate of F100s to who does United's widebody maintenance. If anything concrete is announced regarding the topic, a new thread can be opened.

Status
Not open for further replies.