Working for SW

Status
Not open for further replies.

alonso66

Oct 7, 2006
Hello everyone, new to the site and the board.

Just wanted to hear from the SW employees on the site about working for SW as I have just applied for a job as a ramper .

Studied the history of the company quite a bit and have spoken to many SW employees through work. I currently work for one of the Legacy carriers but will be relocating soon and there are no open positions for me to transfer to with my current employer.

Would appreciate any and all comments from employees.

Thnaks in advance.

Hello everyone, new to the site and the board.

Just wanted to hear from the SW employees on the site about working for SW as I have just applied for a job as a ramper .

Studied the history of the company quite a bit and have spoken to many SW employees through work. I currently work for one of the Legacy carriers but will be relocating soon and there are no open positions for me to transfer to with my current employer.

Would appreciate any and all comments from employees.

Thnaks in advance.

Alonso,

Where are you transferring to? I can probably tell you about the station where you would be working, as I know quite a few people throughout the system. Time will tell if you have what it takes to be a WN’r.

We have hired a lot of people from the failing legacy carriers doing nothing but prolonging the inevitable. I wish all of them would just file Chapter 7 and get it over with.

Quite a few of the people that we have hired from the legacies have the legacy “stankâ€￾ on them, and aren’t working out very well. I think that the good folks in our People Dept. are wise to it now and are a lot more careful about hiring anyone from a legacy carrier.

I wouldn’t get your hopes up if I were you.

Alonso,
We have hired a lot of people from the failing legacy carriers doing nothing but prolonging the inevitable. I wish all of them would just file Chapter 7 and get it over with.

I wouldn’t get your hopes up if I were you.

sky high states: Those legacy people. Would they be the same people who....uhh: Got naked in the cockpit of SOUTHWEST aircraft? Or the SOUTHWEST Co-pilot who got arrested over being under the influence? Or the SOUTHWEST mechanic who got arrested for stealing medical bags? Or the SOUTHWEST employee who got arrested for a SOUTHWEST ticketing scam? Sexually harassed SOUTHWEST co-workers?

Or PATHETIC Southwest employee like you, who would WISH other people outta of a job? :down: :down: :down:

sky high states: Those legacy people. Would they be the same people who....uhh: Got naked in the cockpit of SOUTHWEST aircraft? Or the SOUTHWEST Co-pilot who got arrested over being under the influence? Or the SOUTHWEST mechanic who got arrested for stealing medical bags? Or the SOUTHWEST employee who got arrested for a SOUTHWEST ticketing scam? Sexually harassed SOUTHWEST co-workers?

Or PATHETIC Southwest employee like you, who would WISH other people outta of a job? :down: :down: :down:

We all are subject to the same problems within our industry. Though I understand where wn for life is coming from I do not fully agree with him. Being part of the hiring team here in LAS there are some bad apples that get through the hiring process. They are not limited to just the legacy carriers. Like I said before we all have the same problem. I would say that we give everyone the same chance to shine in their interviews and just because you work for another airline does not automatically omit your chances of getting hired on. I would say for the interview process bring your best smile, dress sharp, and show some enthusiasm about the prospects of getting hired on. Once hired on I would suggest coming with an attitude of wanting to learn about the WN operation...

At lease were profitable. Maybe if you would lay off the mary-jane, you wouldn't be "Sky High"

ROTFLMAO :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :up: :up:

We all are subject to the same problems within our industry. Though I understand where wn for life is coming from I do not fully agree with him. Being part of the hiring team here in LAS there are some bad apples that get through the hiring process. They are not limited to just the legacy carriers. Like I said before we all have the same problem. I would say that we give everyone the same chance to shine in their interviews and just because you work for another airline does not automatically omit your chances of getting hired on. I would say for the interview process bring your best smile, dress sharp, and show some enthusiasm about the prospects of getting hired on. Once hired on I would suggest coming with an attitude of wanting to learn about the WN operation...

Ramper, Good Post.

Also, alonso66 remember the sky's the limit here. You can go just about anywhere you want. Opportunity is here if you work hard and have a good attitude.

ramper, wnbubble.

Thanks for your replies gents , I appreciate it.

Rather than this thread turning in to a flame fest from the non luv fans, please feel free to private message me .

Thanks again.

ramper, wnbubble.

Thanks for your replies gents , I appreciate it.

Rather than this thread turning in to a flame fest from the non luv fans, please feel free to private message me .

Thanks again.

No problem-o, glad we could help with your decision.

alonso66,

I was going to reply to your post last night but for whatever reasons didnt but after reading some of the negative reply's I decided to add my .02.

I worked at a legacy for 17 years and after the second time they filed for bk and I took another pay cut I finally had enough and applied at Southwest.

When I went to training in Dallas I was voted president of my class by my peers. After 8 months of working on the ramp I was honored with being chosen Ramp Agent of the quarter which is no small feat when you consider I was working with 300 other rampers and now because of my hard work and determination I've been promoted and make more money now than I ever did with my old employer. Which goes to prove that not everyone that comes from a legacy has 'stank" on them.

If you get the job keep your nose clean, don't call in sick and go to work with a good attitude. Southwest isn't like the legacy's, they reward individuals that go the extra mile... trust me I know.

Also, listen to everything wnbubbleboy and ramper_in_las tell you, their both model employees. They'll definitely steer you in the right direction.

Best of luck,

Tug

Tug slug, thanks for your response, greatly appreciate it , how long is the training in Dallas ?

Thanks again.

alonso66,

I was going to reply to your post last night but for whatever reasons didnt but after reading some of the negative reply's I decided to add my .02.

I worked at a legacy for 17 years and after the second time they filed for bk and I took another pay cut I finally had enough and applied at Southwest.

When I went to training in Dallas I was voted president of my class by my peers. After 8 months of working on the ramp I was honored with being chosen Ramp Agent of the quarter which is no small feat when you consider I was working with 300 other rampers and now because of my hard work and determination I've been promoted and make more money now than I ever did with my old employer. Which goes to prove that not everyone that comes from a legacy has 'stank" on them.

If you get the job keep your nose clean, don't call in sick and go to work with a good attitude. Southwest isn't like the legacy's, they reward individuals that go the extra mile... trust me I know.

Also, listen to everything wnbubbleboy and ramper_in_las tell you, their both model employees. They'll definitely steer you in the right direction.

Best of luck,

Tug

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back