Working for SW

Status
Not open for further replies.
alonso66,

I was going to reply to your post last night but for whatever reasons didnt but after reading some of the negative reply's I decided to add my .02.

I worked at a legacy for 17 years and after the second time they filed for bk and I took another pay cut I finally had enough and applied at Southwest.

When I went to training in Dallas I was voted president of my class by my peers. After 8 months of working on the ramp I was honored with being chosen Ramp Agent of the quarter which is no small feat when you consider I was working with 300 other rampers and now because of my hard work and determination I've been promoted and make more money now than I ever did with my old employer. Which goes to prove that not everyone that comes from a legacy has 'stank" on them.

If you get the job keep your nose clean, don't call in sick and go to work with a good attitude. Southwest isn't like the legacy's, they reward individuals that go the extra mile... trust me I know.

Also, listen to everything wnbubbleboy and ramper_in_las tell you, their both model employees. They'll definitely steer you in the right direction.

Best of luck,

Tug

Stank, Stank, Stank, Stank, Stank, Stank, Stank, Stank, Stank, Stank, Stank, Stank, Stank, Stank, Stank, Stank, Stank, Stank, Stank, Stank, Stank, Stank, Stank, Stank, Stank, Stank, Stank, Stank, Stank, Stank, Stank, Stank, Stank, Stank, Stank, Stank, Stank, Stank, Stank, Stank, Stank - It's such a funny word. :p :p :p

Sometimes and i say sometimes- the legacy people that make the move have a better attitude knowing what hell it is at other so-called real airlines... they about fall over with just a thank you. not to mention a REAL paycheck and working for a REAL company that makes $$$$$$$$$$$$$....Southwest does a good job of weeding out the complaing whining ones from the likes of US, UA, DL, ect...a few slip through, but they don't make it. you can fake an interview, but you can't keep it up through your whole career. they get the boot and hard.

Southwest does a good job of weeding out the complaing whining ones from the likes of US, UA, DL, ect...a few slip through, but they don't make it. you can fake an interview, but you can't keep it up through your whole career. they get the boot and hard.

What are you talking about?

I worked at U for 5 years off and on the last furlough sent me here. I have been here for 13 years and some of the best people I know HERE worked for U, Delta, Airtran, and America West. I would say without a doubt I have made it and so have they.

Honestly, when things were good at U it was a sweet gig, but nothing is forever. Right now I am ensuring that I don't ever have to say that again.

What are you talking about?

I worked at U for 5 years off and on the last furlough sent me here. I have been here for 13 years and some of the best people I know HERE worked for U, Delta, Airtran, and America West. I would say without a doubt I have made it and so have they.

Honestly, when things were good at U it was a sweet gig, but nothing is forever. Right now I am ensuring that I don't ever have to say that again.

Yeah, uh huh.

as i stated they weed out the bad ones and keep the good ones from the other carriers...much like yourself and the others that you have proclaimed hard workers as well.

as i stated they weed out the bad ones and keep the good ones from the other carriers...much like yourself and the others that you have proclaimed hard workers as well.

I don't agree with you on two points.

First, the bad ones weed themselves out no matter what their background. Legacy people in fact are more humble coming from a bad situation they tend to put up with more sh*t since they appreciate the opportunity they have here.

Second, the percentage of prior airline experience here in MX is nearly 100% it has to be because experience is part of the job requirement. So with this kind of logic Aircraft Maintenance could not exist since just about everyone is X-legacy.

Also "Proclaimed" is used as if my statement is based on perception rather than fact. Although, it really requires no proof other than my word, which is based in fact.

Finally, Southwest Airlines has benifited from the legacys, since they have trained any employee here initally, only to cast them aside.

Perception is reality..ever hear that at SWA?
i quote my original statement:
"Sometimes and i say sometimes- the legacy people that make the move have a better attitude knowing what hell it is at other so-called real airlines... they about fall over with just a thank you. not to mention a REAL paycheck and working for a REAL company that makes $$$$$$$$$$$$$...."

where are we on opposite sides my friend? i mention that legacy people have a better attitude...people off the street have nothing to compare it to and it makes me sick that people who have never worked or been involved with another airline complain at SWA over the most petty crap....

Perception is reality..ever hear that at SWA?
i quote my original statement:
"Sometimes and i say sometimes- the legacy people that make the move have a better attitude knowing what hell it is at other so-called real airlines... they about fall over with just a thank you. not to mention a REAL paycheck and working for a REAL company that makes $$$$$$$$$$$$$...."

where are we on opposite sides my friend? i mention that legacy people have a better attitude...people off the street have nothing to compare it to and it makes me sick that people who have never worked or been involved with another airline complain at SWA over the most petty crap....
"Perception is reality" Oh yes, heard it a few times.

I read your posts one more time and we do share the same "preception" of this issue.

sky high states: Those legacy people. Would they be the same people who....uhh: Got naked in the cockpit of SOUTHWEST aircraft? Or the SOUTHWEST Co-pilot who got arrested over being under the influence? Or the SOUTHWEST mechanic who got arrested for stealing medical bags? Or the SOUTHWEST employee who got arrested for a SOUTHWEST ticketing scam? Sexually harassed SOUTHWEST co-workers?

Or PATHETIC Southwest employee like you, who would WISH other people outta of a job? :down: :down: :down:

Ok Mr. USAir, seeing how much you love coming over here and flamethrowing, think back to 1987 when USAir was in the process of integrating PSA into its fleet... does the name DAVID BURKE mean anything to you?

For all the SWA indiscrections you gleefully point out, let's just say none of them even come close to the heinous act Mr. Burke carried out on Dec. 7, 1987.

Ray,

I remember that name.

They asked for volunteers to clean up the accident site after the FAA and other law enforcement agencies finished their investigation.

When I transferred up to LAX I got to know his ex-girlfriend (as a co-worker of course) relatively well.

Tug

Ray,

I remember that name.

They asked for volunteers to clean up the accident site after the FAA and other law enforcement agencies finished their investigation.

When I transferred up to LAX I got to know his ex-girlfriend (as a co-worker of course) relatively well.

Tug

I still get shivers whenever I think of that incident. My hope is that once Sky High sees that post he'll think twice about coming over here and starting trouble.

David Burke and Flight 1771

A Call comes in to the San Luis Obispo County, California Sherrif's Office citing a small plane crash in the mountains of southern California. Detective Bill Wammock is the first to arrive on the scene. He recalls “nothing that resembled an airliner... we went on for hours, before we heard the news reports of a missing airliner, believing that we were dealing with a small airplane full of newspapers that had crashed. We saw no pieces of the aircraft that were larger than, maybe, a human hand. It did not look like a passenger aircraft.â€￾

sky high states: GET REAL. I pointed out how ignorant someone on this board's "statement" was from YOUR AIRLINE.
OH RAY, lets use your thought process:
DO YOU GET SHIVERS knowing that your airline killed a boy during Xmas too?

Same analogy. Idiot.

To all of those Southwest employees who took thier time to respond, I thank you.

It is a shame that others would post such unpleasant things about this airline , but that is the way of the net.

I'll see if the mods can lock this thread or delete it.

Thanks again SW employees.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back