Sw After U

zeeman

Jan 6, 2004
They did it to U back in 80's at west coast. Later in BWI and now its PHL. They are taking advantage of U's current financial status, management employee chaotic relationship, the layoffs, unhappiness and company turmoil which all was percipitated by 911 and a recession. What better oppurtunity than to finish U now. Well they are planing to double in size and keep growing to keep their reputation up and emloyees happy. In order to do so they must get rid of U because they cant stand up to any other majors.See they are already all over the place and they must eliminate U so they can get creative with East coast now.

I know U management is been back stabing the employees but they have also done more than any other sorry management this company has ever had. Its not the time to finger point and not even listen to what they have to say because the end is in sight without some sort of agreement between employees and management.Give them a chance and at least hear them out.

Or if not then let SW kick u's behind and all go to unemployment lines. Believe me I have been there and its not fun. Or work something out for now and KICK SW butt back to Texas and spoil their pep rally as I am sure we are all sick of their celebration taking U turf bit by bit. Later when things get better remind management and bring them to the table for a change. I believe U is the first network carrier to have a chance at saving the industry from going to Greyhound in the skies !! Scary wages too!! Stop them it only makes common sense

Lets come together one last time and stand up to this brown nonsense.

Respectfully my 2 cents. By the way my ESOP check was $0.02 LOL

It's funny how you mention SWA's pay.. being that all of you majors keep giving concession after concession.. I'm pretty sure SW is the highest paying major in the business. So, as your paychecks keep getting smaller and smaller, mine will keep getting bigger and bigger, and as your retirement funds dwindle down to nothing, my profitsharing account could make me a millionaire. You can hate SWA as much as you want, but we'll all keep laughing all the way to the bank.

Have a great day! I know I will. I can sleep each night knowing that my job will still be there in the morning.

Hey, I am ALL for these lunes fighting for our turf...however, it will not be on the backs of the employees anymore. We have had enough of Dave. No other airline is coming back for a third time in a year. Doesn't that make anyone think something is terribly wrong??????

zeeman,

Apparently you haven't been around that long. So, a little history lesson...

SWA expanded to the west coast in the '90's, not the '80's.

Having been around for over 30 years, I hardly think SWA "cant stand up to any other majors". No other LCC has their track record.

It could be argued that (how did you put it?) they have already gotten "creative with East coast" when they came into BWI and expanded from there.

If you really think that the employees can "bring them [mgt] to the table for a change" if things get better I've got some swamp land for you. I know of no airline management that has volunteered to renegotiate a signed contract just because things have changed for the better.

As far as listening to the plan, let Dave present it. Then we can all form our opinions about it and act accordingly. At that point, you and I may disagree but I'll promise to respect your opinion if you'll promise to respect mine.

Jim

zeeman said:
I know U management is been back stabing the employees but they have also done more than any other sorry management this company has ever had.
You're kidding, Right?