Would the mechs turn down an industry leading contract?

bigjets

Veteran
Jan 14, 2011
1,881
1,304
I hope the F*** not !


We need to get the best contract possible, not vote NO for some petty reason like "I always vote no".

Or I wanted more shift differential, or I think we can get more, even though the negotiators said this is a good deal. Nothing small or petty should stop an industry leading contract.

In 2010, those were valid reasons to vote down a TA, those were not petty reasons. The FAs reasons seem petty and small. Fortunately for us we have nowhere to go but up.
 
Is the question about a contract that leads the industry in a positive direction for Mechanics or another that leads the industry further down the path of destruction? Industry leading with the TWU doesn't mean gainful in all aspects for your and your coworkers.
 
TWU Negotiations are always quid-pro-quo so that you have to give up equal to or greater than you gain. And then there is always the "meet and negotiate later" on the items that would cause a for sure no vote outcome.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 6 people
There is no need to vote the twu will save you from yourselves and do the voting for you. Whatever the company wants the twu gets....
 
  • Like
Reactions: 4 people
First the would have to find a union which is able to negotiate an "Industry Leading" contract......They all love the term but so far I  have never been a part of one....most that I have voted on have been concessionary, or the famous "we will get them next time" !!!
 
  • Like
Reactions: 3 people
The AA negotiators would first have to regain their composure after laughing so hard at the blunders of the "Association" before they think about what to offer a group so poorly represented!!
 
  • Like
Reactions: 3 people
Wow not a whole lot of confidence in the TWU. Basically what I see from this thread and my coworkers is that they fear the TWU will either negotiate away more from us or just sign a subpar contract.

Vote no Union.

With most negotiations you have the company against the union, in ours you have the company and the union seeing what they can take from you. I think the only way the company negotiators sleep at night is for the fact they keep telling themselves, they pay for this negotiating team, they're doing it to themselves.
 
I would vote yes if we got double and a half for holidays, 7 weeks of vacation, 10 holidays, less of a monthly payment for medical and dental, double time for overtime, pay rates at the top of the industry (all carriers, not a select few), plus a few more that someone else can come up with. If the TWU or IAM or the combined two unions are representing us, I won't hold my breath for a leading contract in all aspects.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 1 person
Slopoke said:
I would vote yes if we got double and a half for holidays, 7 weeks of vacation, 10 holidays, less of a monthly payment for medical and dental, double time for overtime, pay rates at the top of the industry (all carriers, not a select few), plus a few more that someone else can come up with. If the TWU or IAM or the combined two unions are representing us, I won't hold my breath for a leading contract in all aspects.
You got a better chance of seeing the Easter Bunny than the TWU getting that for us.  
 
  • Like
Reactions: 3 people
OldGuy@AA said:
You got a better chance of seeing the Easter Bunny than the TWU getting that for us.  
 
Like I stated, I won't be holding my breath. After 28 years of anal abuse by the TWU, I need to rebush my backside by inserting a ham and pulling out the bone.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 4 people
Slopoke said:
 
Like I stated, I won't be holding my breath. After 28 years of anal abuse by the TWU, I need to rebush my backside by inserting a ham and pulling out the bone.
Wow.  That is funny, but its really true for all of us.  Like throwing a hot dog down a hall way.  hahaha