The Axe.

amt4u said:
what is OUTING?
[post="239455"][/post]​
To get past the smartass responses...

"Outing" is giving sufficient information to link a board handle to a real-world identity. It's a bad thing for a number of reasons, including legal; under some circumstances, it could result in the end of this board.

mweiss said:
To get past the smartass responses...

"Outing" is giving sufficient information to link a board handle to a real-world identity. It's a bad thing for a number of reasons, including legal; under some circumstances, it could result in the end of this board.
[post="239474"][/post]​

Outing is self imposed in most instances which was my case but my manners were more the real reason to be banned. I just don't understand the sporadic means to which this board patrols and disciplines individuals such as myself, paying and allowed not paying as cavalier and banned...crazy but true.

The portion that was [deleted] was a members name and the original poster had been warned before to not post it again. He did and was sent away for a while and the name was deleted. The rest of his post remained intact including anything and everything he said about the IAM.

If Scot really wanted to get off on his power, there would be a lot fewer posters on the Board. I think all the moderators give a LOT of leeway in what is posted here. We could always go the opposite route and ban everybody for every little infraction of the Board rules and there are lots of them. Would that make everyone happier?

scot said:
The portion that was [deleted] was a members name and the original poster had been warned before to not post it again. He did and was sent away for a while and the name was deleted. The rest of his post remained intact including anything and everything he said about the IAM.

If Scot really wanted to get off on his power, there would be a lot fewer posters on the Board. I think all the moderators give a LOT of leeway in what is posted here. We could always go the opposite route and ban everybody for every little infraction of the Board rules and there are lots of them. Would that make everyone happier?
[post="239493"][/post]​

Watch that BP...Peace___Curt

scot said:

SCOT, the word umech used is not a MEMBER IS NAME IN THIS BOARD. AND IS NOT IN ANYWAY INSULTING NOT DEMEANING NOT ENTICING TO PROVOQUE..
I KNOW BECAUSE I EMAIL U MECH AND HE TOLD ME ALL ABOUT IT.

MR IAM :down: :down: :down:

IAM :down: :down: :down: :down: :down:

AMFA IS IN THE NEAR HORIZON, BROTHERS.

Kev3188 said:
So what happened to/with your last card drive, then? It sure seemed to die out rather quickly....
[post="239653"][/post]​

What difference does it make?

Bob Owens said:
What difference does it make?
[post="239656"][/post]​

Kind of my point, Bob. For months I kept hearing about AMFA at U, then like turning off a light switch-nothing. I'm all for the majority deciding who will represent them, it just seems like an odd time for a (new) card drive.

Kev3188 said:
So what happened to/with your last card drive, then? It sure seemed to die out rather quickly....
[post="239653"][/post]​

very simple; uts and retirees would have prevented the required vote, but now it will be different, no uts and no retirees to vote on the election ,JUST MECHANICS.

to all ; GET A COPY OF THE UNITED AIRLINES AMFA AGREEMENT AND COMPARE IT TO IAM USAIRWAYS AGREEMENT.

AP Tech
Here is how the mechanics made out at UAL with AMFA. They too had to negotiate under the same BK rules that the "Farting Machinist" were forced to follow. As you can see the mechanics made out much better than the mech's at u s airways.

Also, the utility got a 3 years phaseout compared to a two week notice the mighty IAM got for their members. The mechanics will get to keep their license and skill premiums along with raises in base pay. When was the last time the IAM got anyone a raise, except for themselves of course? Compare what you got stuck with to what UAL mechs got and decide which one you would have wanted.

Duration: 1-1-05 to 12-31-09 What?

1. If new tentative agreement not reached by 8-1-2009 then both parties will jointly invoke mediation services of the National Mediation Board.

2. 5% base wage cut for mechanics

3. No 4% temporary wage cuts for mechanics or utility

4. 10% base hourly wage cut for utility

5. Outsource utility employees based on three-year phase out schedule

6. Permanent waiver of Article II-F for 747/777 offshore HMV/OSV

7. Allow outsourcing of all Computer Technician (CT) work.

8. Allow outsourcing of all fueling work

9. No change to the current Health and Welfare benefits

10 1.5% base wage raises on January 1 of each year from 2006 through 2009.

11. Shift, skill, and license premiums increased by 1.5% on January 1 of each year from 2006 through 2009.

12. Overtime pay rates 2x reduced to 1.5x

13. Holiday overtime rate 2.5x reduced to 2x

14. Vacation accrual left unchanged for mechanics

15. Vacation accrual for utility: 0-4 years – 10 days; 5 years and greater – 15 days

16.Holidays reduced from 10 to 6; fixed holidays at the base and floating on the line; fixed holidays: New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day

17. Sick leave paid at 75%; five or more consecutive sick days qualifies for whole day vacation backfill

18. Sick leave paid at 100% in the event of catastrophic illness or injury requiring absence of 15 or more consecutive days with satisfactory medical certification

19.Enhanced severance package for utility and computer technician employees

20. Reduce Success Sharing percentage and grant related credit to reduce other wage and benefit cuts.

21 Success Sharing percentage phases back to 100% by 2009

22.Protection date (94-5M) 10-30-89 stands

AMFA FOR ALL A&P'S

AMFA :up: :up: :up:

Retirees cannot sign a A-Card nor can they vote in a union representation election, furloughees can though.

And UAL Farms out ALL heavy checks and now the c-checks are gone, the scope language of the US Airways current contract and the final offer's scope language is still better then what AMFA has or has proposed at UAL and at NWA.

700UW said:
Retirees cannot sign a A-Card nor can they vote in a union representation election, furloughees can though.

And UAL Farms out ALL heavy checks and now the c-checks are gone, the scope language of the US Airways current contract and the final offer's scope language is still better then what AMFA has or has proposed at UAL and at NWA.
[post="239690"][/post]​

WOO7;

ARE YOU BLIND as a murcielago OR BRAIN DEATH?

READ THE AGREEMENTS UAL MECHS VS.USAIR MECHS , at usair the iam sold us mechanics out by lowering our wages and elliminating benefits to secure more jobs (dues paid to the iam) for utility and some promessing jobs in pittsburgh ( wich the company is going to shut down anyway.

what dont you get.

mr. WOO7.. OR MR IAM...

IAM ; :angry: :down: :down:

I guess you cant understand what scope means.

UAL farms out everything over a C-Check, therefore there is no heavy checks performed in-house, now in the proposed T/A all C-checks can be farmed out and the 747/777 work sent to foriegn countries.

The IAM scope language is tighter in the current agreement and in the final offer in what UAL has now or proposed.

Don't let the facts get in your way.

READ THE AGREEMENTS UAL MECHS VS.USAIR MECHS , at usair the iam sold us mechanics out by lowering our wages and elliminating benefits to secure more jobs (dues paid to the iam) for utility and some promessing jobs in pittsburgh ( wich the company is going to shut down anyway.

what dont you get.
ahh dude....try the spell check function......
bring in amfa and we'll farm out everything from c on up and i can work line while you work mickey-d's...then they' ll give us 40 an hour....just like at nw....

700UW said:

I can't figure this one out.......If my memory serves me correctly I recall the first AMFA election at UAL was stifled by the IAM demanding to the NMB that 1100 or so MANAGEMENT employees were "DIRECTLY RELATED" to the maintenance group. These management types were allowed to vote in an IAM / AMFA runoff!!! So tell me what is wrong with that picture??? I'm sure if the retirees were needed to sway some vote they will all of a sudden become eligible <_< .

As far as AMFA goes, our last attempt was also shelved due to the fact that all the furloughed employees HAD to vote to keep it kosher. There was no way in heck that all those folks would be located let alone they could care less. So the point is moot.

As long as I'm on a roll.......I'm certain the overall membership suffered to keep PIT Base open. What a bunch of crap. It's been no secret that UAIR wants to close PIT. But with Frankie, Friedburger, McMullen over there it only take some simple math to solve the equation. The irony of this is that the company will probably still find a way to close PIT. Thanks for the extra paycuts :down: .

My flak jacket is on so FRAG away B) .

And another thing......You guys fail to remember it was the IAM's farmout language that AMFA inherited. As far as any new language at UAL concerning farmout explain to me how it differs from our situation at UAIR??????

Latest posts