Would This Violate Company Policy?

zonecontroller

Advanced
Sep 3, 2002

I’m employee and I purchased a positive space round trip ticket at usairways.com for travel on Thanksgiving Day returning to my domicile on the Friday after Thanksgiving?
It was a good deal $166.00

My question is: If I can get on a flight “standby” on Wednesday and fly VIA my flight benefits will I still be able to fly home on my positive space ticket?
NOTE: I have no intent of trying to get a refund for an unused leg of my trip. I just wanted to make sure I could get home for Thanksgiving. If I can get their a day early great! If I’m going to risk loosing my job for it I can wait an extra day.

zonecontroller said:

I’m employee and I purchased a positive space round trip ticket at usairways.com for travel on Thanksgiving Day returning to my domicile on the Friday after Thanksgiving?
It was a good deal $166.00

My question is: If I can get on a flight “standbyâ€￾ on Wednesday and fly VIA my flight benefits will I still be able to fly home on my positive space ticket?
NOTE: I have no intent of trying to get a refund for an unused leg of my trip. I just wanted to make sure I could get home for Thanksgiving. If I can get their a day early great! If I’m going to risk loosing my job for it I can wait an extra day.
[post="199036"][/post]​

Asuming your fare is round trip purchase required "excursion" fare, the return portion of your ticket will not be valid.

Is this a regular ticket or an ED20? If it is an ED20, you are certainly violating employee travel policy by flying NRSA outbound and ED20 return. (Again assuming it is an excursion type fare).

Imamec said:
My only question is... If you are paying for a ticket, why in the he!! would you buy one on US Airways????
[post="199049"][/post]​

LMAO!

That is true! And also this is assuming that by Thanksgiving US employees are not up in arms over what the BK court will do to them on November 15th!

Why did I buy a ticket on USAirways:
The tickets were over $70.00 cheaper round trip than any other carrier.
(Thats how we can keep loosing money!)
The trip would have cost me over $110.00 in gasoline for my car. Of course I could of thrown in a few sick days if I drove!
And trip is all express. After all why would any airline fly anything but lawn darts into a small town like Cleveland for?

Imamec said:
Hope the 70 bucks you saved, is worth what you are about to go through! Assuming you get to go!
[post="199067"][/post]​
The ticket was put on a credit card.
This place will make thru Nov