WSJ: New AA colors?

I think American Airlines should create an employee contest allowing submissions of a new paint/scheme. Maybe the winner could get his retirement medical back.

Oops, I forgot, it would be a great company if it just were not for those darn employees!

I couldn't care less what the airplanes look like. AA is touting all new first class narrow-body cabins, a new livery, a new feel-good warm-and-fuzzy campaign of "I Believe in American," basically, a brand new airline. But that doesn't change the fact that this company has beat down the morale of myself and my fellow employees (those who will still be around) to a nonexistant level. I have a very hard time getting excited about our supposed bright and prosperous future.

I couldn't care less what the airplanes look like. AA is touting all new first class narrow-body cabins, a new livery, a new feel-good warm-and-fuzzy campaign of "I Believe in American," basically, a brand new airline. But that doesn't change the fact that this company has beat down the morale of myself and my fellow employees (those who will still be around) to a nonexistant level. I have a very hard time getting excited about our supposed bright and prosperous future.

Wanna talk about bad morale? Just ask a US Airways employee.

That whole bad morale thing is not exclusive to American Airlines.

Reactions: 1 person
Wanna talk about bad morale? Just ask a US Airways employee.

That whole bad morale thing is not exclusive to American Airlines.

Wait if there is a AA/US merger and our union leaders strat crying foul that Parker lied to them.

Can you really get any worse off? I assume that all of your unions leadership has more than a handshake agreement with him. Say what you wish, but going his route will be your best option in the long run, unless you want to ensure that Horton gets his $$$ before he bails on you.

Can you really get any worse off? I assume that all of your unions leadership has more than a handshake agreement with him. Say what you wish, but going his route will be your best option in the long run, unless you want to ensure that Horton gets his $$$ before he bails on you.

If you think Parker is going to all of a sudden NOT outsource work, you're dreamin...
If you think the AAers will have a FROZEN pension while USers have a TERMINATED pension, you are dreaming.

I got news for you,,,,those due their $$$$ will get it upon BK exit or merger.....

When do you think Parker might finally settle the US HP merger issues with work groups?

How many years has it been for the EASTIES and the WESTIES?

Face it dude, your going to have work outsourced no matter what. With US there are better odds of losing less. Didn't Parkers deal with the TWU permit more stations to stay than AA's offer. Sadly, job loss at AA is inevitable.

Face it dude, your going to have work outsourced no matter what. With US there are better odds of losing less. Didn't Parkers deal with the TWU permit more stations to stay than AA's offer. Sadly, job loss at AA is inevitable.
You're preaching to the choir. I know YES or NO, the end result will be the same.

Parker's "deal" save jobs.....TEMPORARILY!

Maybe, maybe not. Your odds of a long term viable airline with growth, are better with his plan. As a standalone, you will shrink while the big 2 grow at your expense.