Ta Dah! New Paint Job

Why are just 200 airplanes being painted in 18 months Is it that the AW fleet will be painted first or where does the 200 number come from?

balloonguy said:
Why are just 200 airplanes being painted in 18 months Is it that the AW fleet will be painted first or where does the 200 number come from?
[post="291934"][/post]​

It's the "news media", you can't expect them to write a whole article and get it all right can you?
360 aircraft.

Since US Airways planes already have the flag logo on them, they are going to paint the AW planes first. Then paint the others.

700UW said:
the flag on a/c right is always backwards.
[post="291274"][/post]​
The flag looks backwards on the right side of all aircraft because when the plane is flying in a forward fashion, as most do, the air would be blowing the flag backwards, thus the image that is created and as you see it.

balloonguy said:
[post="291934"][/post]​

Once the deal is complete, the two airlines expect to repaint their aircraft on the usual schedule for new coatings, which is every six or seven years. The A320 making the rounds today, which seats about 140 passengers, comes from US Airways' existing fleet.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/tribune-re...s/s_366780.html

US planes will be painted as scheduled, they are not going to hold off, they have all ready held off on painting them.

balloonguy said:
The flag looks backwards on the right side of all aircraft because when the plane is flying in a forward fashion, as most do, the air would be blowing the flag backwards, thus the image that is created and as you see it.
[post="291942"][/post]​

Now that makes sense!!

I love the new look. Hopefully for a new beginning. Think Positive!

longing4piedmont said:
It's white
[post="291242"][/post]​
I rode the plane on the whole initial tour. It is white but looked more off white in PHX. Maybe beacuse it was late in the day there. Everyone got along GREAT on the flight and all the employees cant wait to work together to make this thing a SUCCESS!!!

Twicebaked said:
Is the blue a bit lighter than the old blue? As I was walking through the terminal I saw the tail and knew which plane it was. The blue doesn't seem to be as dark, unless it was because of the two-tone of the tail. Anyone?
[post="291246"][/post]​
Yes, it IS a lighter blue thank GOD!

i too rode on it from pit to clt. what a great time we had. i swear i keep thinking about the fun i had in just 1hr . i wish i could have gone all the way to phx but i had to take care of some business at home. but man was i proud to work for airways yesterday. very proud. chris i loved your uniform.

MiAAmi said:
If it takes as long as it took HP to repaint from their old paint scheme to the new one, it could be 5-10 yrs before its all done. I think the new scheme is boring too.
[post="291253"][/post]​
What's boring are those Star Alliance aircraft.

MiAAmi said:
If it takes as long as it took HP to repaint from their old paint scheme to the new one, it could be 5-10 yrs before its all done.  I think the new scheme is boring too.
[post="291253"][/post]​

Nah, "boring" would be, oh I dunno, something totally uninspired and unimaginative like a bare silver fuselage with maybe the word "American" down the side and an AA on the tail. Oh wait....thAAt's been done.

:p

ChrisUS said:
El Gato said:
Southwest has a cheerful, colorful look to them with the canyon blue.

Colorful yes, that it is. Cheerful?? TASTEFULL? Defintely NOT! :down:
[post="292186"][/post]​

The color is actually not "canyon blue" but periwinkle. Tell a LUVer that and they get really defensive. Periwinkle is a flower, you see.

Periwinkle. :eek:

Periwinkle. :shock:

Periwinkle. ;)

Latest posts