Ta Dah! New Paint Job

N924PS said:
The Smile is Back. If only on one airplane, a welcome reminder of happier days.

They should apply the PSA Retro livery to a B757 0r A321. It looks particularly good on a long body aircraft.
[post="291268"][/post]​

Actually, the PSA livery should go on an A330.

That's what all the PSA pilots are flying these days.

I still don't get the old dark blue on the tail. It looks like they painted the fuselage and then said, "OK, good enough".

At night, people are going to think the plane lost its vertical fin.

On this site's predecessor, planebusiness.com, there was a thread just like this one, discussing the new livery of TWA (which looked awesome IMHO).

I know, I know, the parallels between TW and HP/US are faint, but I thought I would just mention that. Don't do any 45% off ticketing deals. ;)

I'm just home from the party in PHX.
I got my free pins and stickers. The pions are of the heritage logo. I guess this will be the last big hurrah for HP.
They parked the a/c on the other side of the hangar.
There was a stage set up for Doug to speak on, and all the retro crewmembers were up there as well. They looked great in their old uniforms.
They were giving away hot dogs, hamburgers, ice cream and soft drinks.
I went alone but saw lots of familiar faces.
It was fun, and the plane looked great. The heritage logo is not in a place where it will be rubbed by the jetway, but it will be quite visible to pax as they board.
I got there too late to see the water arch, tho, I'm kinda bummed about that.

desertgal said:
I'm just home from the party in PHX.
I got my free pins and stickers. The pions are of the heritage logo. I guess this will be the last big hurrah for HP.
They parked the a/c on the other side of the hangar.
There was a stage set up for Doug to speak on, and all the retro crewmembers were up there as well. They looked great in their old uniforms.
They were giving away hot dogs, hamburgers, ice cream and soft drinks.
I went alone but saw lots of familiar faces.
It was fun, and the plane looked great. The heritage logo is not in a place where it will be rubbed by the jetway, but it will be quite visible to pax as they board.
I got there too late to see the water arch, tho, I'm kinda bummed about that.
[post="291715"][/post]​

Here's your freakin' water arch!

I love the new paint job and I love the retro planes.

Here's a cool photo of Employees in Retro Uniforms at the Hangar.

SoldWholeSale said:
Looks OK to me. I don't care if they paint the aircraft pink, as long as someone has a good busness plan and brings a little sanity to the operation.

SH
[post="291212"][/post]​
I love the new paintjob and I love the Retro Aircrafts. :)

trvlr64 said:
U*S = US, you know..........you and me. U*S is made of up of the 4 of US. I kinda like it.
[post="291624"][/post]​

Your logic makes sense, and I've always been very ok with that... it's just from an eye-catching point of view, I don't like it.

I dont htink it will be too terribly bad to paint the DASH-8-100 and the 300. I think the paint would look better on the -300 than the -100.
But my question is how long will HP keep them going before they sell it or get rid of it?

jimcfs said:
Parker and Lakefield were there as expected... were any of the other new officers there too (in particular MPA)?
[post="291780"][/post]​
the only us exec onboard was lakefield. the rest were all hp execs. parker of coarse was onboard also elise eberwein vp of communication (she's a hottie and very nice) larry lesueur vp of culture intergration ( also very nice guy.) and i aslo met the new vp of inflight ron cole although he was not on the aircraft he was in clt . he was going to tour the training center in clt. (also a very very nice man) look foward to working with him in the future) so all in all the pax onboard the a/c compromisid of us&hp employees. there were some hp pilots onboard as well. i flew on the pit clt leg. i asked doug in pit if could tag along . he said absolutely. i was proud to work for usairways that day. i was invited to continue on to phx but i had things to take care of at home. alot of fun was had on that plane between the us and hp employees. hopefully this will last and create a wonderful environment to work in.