Ta Dah! New Paint Job

StewGuy86 said:
Nah, "boring" would be, oh I dunno, something totally uninspired and unimaginative like a bare silver fuselage with maybe the word "American" down the side and an AA on the tail. Oh wait....thAAt's been done.

:p
[post="292189"][/post]​

LOL

barbeetantrums said:
The color is actually not "canyon blue" but periwinkle. Tell a LUVer that and they get really defensive. Periwinkle is a flower, you see.

Periwinkle. :eek:

Periwinkle. :shock:

Periwinkle. ;)
[post="292254"][/post]​

Now THAT is funny...thanks for the humor....

firstamendment said:
No surprise. This is pretty much what most of us expected. I for one was growing tired of the fading dark blue. I have a feeling this paint job looks better in person than what we see in the picture posted here.
[post="291216"][/post]​

It does look better in person but not by leaps and bounds. I was in Phx to see it on Wed when it rolled in. In person the "swooshing" stripes in the back stand out more. The paint job is functional and wasn't necessarily meant to be flashy so please keep this in mind. It will not only be cooler in the interior of the aircraft for passengers waiting to get moving, but for the maintenance folks having to work on the airplane. Phoenix and Vegas get extremely hot, so white was a logical (although somewhat bland) color to dominate the paint scheme. The hair raising quality about this paint job is the Heritage Emblem of Allegheny (hope I spelled that right), PSA, Piedmont (i before e I hope) and AWA. I'm really looking forward to being a part of the new US Airways team, I just hope I'm not on the outside looking in. Only time will tell.

Considering that there are still a few B1900's with the mostly white USAir Express livery, how long will it be before the last B1900 has this new HP/US livery? After the third HP/US re-branding? ;)

US1YFARE said:
Did they make you pay for the IFC meal?

No. LOL!
Do you know if they paid for the rights to show the movie to PHX?
Glad to know yiu are kidding, cause, who cares otherwise?

All kidding aside, I think that Parker and his crew are doing a great job to market the new US. Finally, the Philadelphia Inquirier didn't put a negative spin on something US unveiled. I hope they market a lot more in PHL.
[post="291542"][/post]​

The press always reports more negative than positive. People like to read negative stories, HAS to be physchological. They wont admit it, but they do.

Latest posts