Yooo hooo Mr. Pilot Man

Bluewater

Jul 21, 2006
Seriously...I have lately for the FIRST time flown with some gentlemen who for one reason or another...DO NOT COMMUNICATE with the F/A's. My room-mate ( a capt.) called to tell me he had just flown in from Clt to Phl. We were coming from Florida to Philly. He said they're was some "pretty nasty storms so be careful"! THAT WAS OUR ONLY CLUE!!!! We were in the asile with the cart when wham, bam! This happened for the NEXT four days. When I questioned my Capt. he appeared annoyed. This happened again on another crew. I realize that clear air is a problem...but when you know there is weather? How about a heads up? DUH!!! You are in your seats, with seat belts holding your behind in check and in the front of the plane where the ride is smoother. I'm in back, standing, with a 200 pound beverage cart a swinging in the wind. We're NOT lazy...and I don't need to stay seated with every bump...I just appreciate knowing if I have to hang on to my panty hose.

How about FO's who no longer make trip sheets? Or sign in crews at the hotel? Since they lost their pensions, this is their "I'll show them" tactic. If you ask about it they say they don't have to anymore. I tell them I'm not required to feed and water them either. Common courtesy can go a long way. :D

Hey, when someone finally gets one of these pilots on the phone, could you also ask them to stop leaving little piles of human excrement all over the crew hotel floors? :down: I'm sure it would go a long way in helping us view them as professionals.

And you guys are worried about pax bringing on Hefty bags? :blink:

Thanks.

How about FO's who no longer make trip sheets? Or sign in crews at the hotel? Since they lost their pensions, this is their "I'll show them" tactic. If you ask about it they say they don't have to anymore. I tell them I'm not required to feed and water them either. Common courtesy can go a long way. :D

Why don't you do it. Show me anywhere it says FO's are suppose to do these things. People have the audacity to demand such things and then complain when someone doesn't go out of their way to do a favor for them anymore. Why don't you return the favors of years gone by and for once sign in a crew or do a trip sheet. I will gladly get my own refreshments! Just who the HE?? do you think you are anyway? Get a life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brother. Makes me want to fly freight... :rolleyes:
I am sorry that a small few FOs have this mentality, but there are still several of them that do their duty, as they should. I often ask my FO if he/she has performed such task, and normally, he/she has done so for not only the benefit of the FAs, but for the entire crew and ease of trip.

I am sorry that a small few FOs have this mentality, but there are still several of them that do their duty, as they should. I often ask my FO if he/she has performed such task, and normally, he/she has done so for not only the benefit of the FAs, but for the entire crew and ease of trip.

Take your duty and stick it!!!!

People can't sign themselves in at hotels? Or another person can't sign the entire crew in? (and no, I'm not a pilot)

How about FO's who no longer make trip sheets? Or sign in crews at the hotel?

I have always made trip sheets and will continue to do so ... when I go back to work B)

Usually the FO signs everyone into the hotel because he has everyones info. However, if we go the West way, that will stop. On the West, most of the time the FA's don't stay with the crew and are usually on their own. Of course the pilots get used to staying by themselves, so when they are with FA's, they usually don't sign them in... or check their hotel rooms...

People can't sign themselves in at hotels? Or another person can't sign the entire crew in? (and no, I'm not a pilot)
Yeah, we can, but it is something that East pilots have always done for us. I've always thought that it was one of the great things about our crews. We stay together as a crew the entire trip, the F/O checks us all in, and the pilots usually stands by our rooms while we do a safety check. Most of our pilots are very courteous, and I for one, would like to thank the ones who go above and beyond, by doing things like helping us clean, and getting us food.

It's sad when employee groups start to take out their frustrations on each other by holding back the courtesies we've all become used to such as trip sheets and sign ins. I'll still bring my trip sheets from home and do sign ins and check rooms. Not because I have to but because I want to. Employees have to look out for each other...no one else will! I make this statement during every crew brief and trust me, it makes a difference.

Management took our money, pension and benefits. NOT the other employee groups.

A320 Driver B)

It's sad when employee groups start to take out their frustrations on each other by holding back the courtesies we've all become used to such as trip sheets and sign ins. I'll still bring my trip sheets from home and do sign ins and check rooms. Not because I have to but because I want to. Employees have to look out for each other...no one else will! I make this statement during every crew brief and trust me, it makes a difference.

Management took our money, pension and benefits. NOT the other employee groups.

A320 Driver B)

Out West, in my experience, if I ever made a move for the hotel sign in sheet first I would soon have flight attendant tire tracks all over my back. I'd get shoved out of the way before I knew what in the world happened. I took to hanging around in the shadows until the dust cleared, then signed myself in and went up to the room.

Thats a bit of an exageration for the most part, but every now and then it was not exactly that far from the truth.

Back